Windows 10: How to customise a keyboard in 2020???

Discus and support How to customise a keyboard in 2020??? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, How the heck do I customise a keyboard in 2020?? I want to change the function of certain keys to make it more ergonomic, but the old Keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BigTedOG, Aug 21, 2020.

1. BigTedOG Win User

How to customise a keyboard in 2020???

Hi,

How the heck do I customise a keyboard in 2020??

I want to change the function of certain keys to make it more ergonomic, but the old Keyboard Layout Creator is out of date, can't get it to work on windows 10. The new Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse center wont' recognise my keyboard, just a mechanical wired keyboard, not microsoft branded.

Seems like such a simple thing but so complicated! Any help is much appreciated!

Ted

:)

BigTedOG, Aug 21, 2020

2. Customisation of Windows 10 On-Screen Virtual Keyboard

I want to customise the icons, it's corresponding VK values(functionality), position of the keys as well as the skin of the on-screen keyboard provided in Windows 10. Is is possible to customise some/all of the above? If so, please suggest how.

Dayanidhi Krishna, Aug 21, 2020
  3. cheesy999 Win User
    Desktop Customisation Thread

I noticed that although TPU has a lot of space devoted to the customisation of PC's, it has very little in the way of customisation when it comes to the actual software, therefore, i have created this thread so that people can share and discuss the ways they customise the software of their PC.

This includes Desktop backgrounds, Themes, Rainmeter set-ups, even customisations of specific programs, basically customising software in general.

I don't have too much to work with at the moment, but by the end i hope to have a thread full of instructions on how to do just about any modifications or customisation to your software, starting with basic's, all the way over to stuff that should only be considered by the most skilled people.

1)Desktop backgrounds
    This is a list of sites containing many great desktop backgrounds, for now these are just recommendations i got from kierend but if anyone else has any sites just post or PM me and i'll add them
    2)themes
    Just the one for now
    3)Rainmeter
    I will have a more in depth walkthrough later, but for now he're one i did on the UK clubhouse, it shows you how to modify the omnimo theme so instead of the full theme you just get a catalog of gadgets and tools on your desktop

Spoiler: Walkthrough Download this --> http://rainmeter.googlecode.com/files/Rainmeter-2.0.exe, run the installer, select either 32bit or 64, it doesn't matter

download this --> http://www.deviantart.com/download/...o_4_0_for_rainmeter_by_fediafedia-d2mhn7l.zip --> unzip it --> run the setup file

--> the omnimo theme will start, but it will configure your PC in a windows phone 7 like fashion, just select the correct screen resolution, weather code etc, and let it set itself up

Important bit now, right click one of the panel, and go through the menu to :\WP7\background, and click 'BG.INI' to disable it

you will then have a load of free panels floating on your desktop, you can now move them remove them, and somewhere on your desktop will be an arrow in a circle, click this and it will give you a load of new panels to add, which will do a large variety of different features
    Overall, here is a short list i have composed, more will follow later
    Omnimo 10 for Rainmeter --> Very customisable, you can do or make basically any desktop you want
    Rainmeter, desktop customization tool
    Rainmeter, desktop customization tool
    http://rainmeter.net/RainCMS/?q=Suites_ABP

More will follow soon (probably tomorrow as i don't have much time for now, but if anyone wants to add anything please post and share it with us*Smile How to customise a keyboard in 2020??? :))

cheesy999, Aug 21, 2020
  4. How to customise a keyboard in 2020???

Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

How to customise a keyboard in 2020???

1. How to customise a keyboard in 2020??? - Similar Threads - customise keyboard 2020

2. how to customise paper size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to customise paper size: How to customise paper size please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-customise-paper-size/c821f705-4d64-4d7f-9dbd-6d7d6cfb1812
  3. how to customise paper size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to customise paper size: How to customise paper size please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-customise-paper-size/c821f705-4d64-4d7f-9dbd-6d7d6cfb1812
  4. how to customise paper size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Customise Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Customise Edge: Since the latest update to Edge it no longer opens with my selected home pages. I have checked settings and they are still listed to show on opening, but all I get is a new blank tab on opening. Any advice appreciated for this annoying fault. Update 91.0.864.37 180138
  6. Customise Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Customise Edge: In Chromium Edge, when I enter something in the search box, then press enter, it opens in the current tab. Is there a way to make it open in a new tab? Thank you 166066
  7. Customisable logo

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Customisable logo: I have windows 10 on my Dell Inspiron laptop. The boot screen is a Dell logo instead of a windows logo. Is there any way I can switch the logo or customize it? submitted by /u/AssasinatorX4 [link] [comments]...
  8. Customisation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customisation: I have been following these customisation threads for a few days now. This is what I've managed so far. [img] Only one thing bothering me now tho, I am using TranslucentTB for the see through taskbar but now any app shortcut I pin to it will not work. The default Windows...
  9. How to customise All Apps/Programs

How to customise All Apps/Programs: Hi, the first item in the start menu is "all apps" but it opens in the left of the screen. I would prefer to make it bigger or even full screen like in Windows 8 so that you can see them all a-z, can I do that? I have tried enabling full screen start menu - but it didnt...
  10. How to Customise icons in the Control Panel

How to Customise icons in the Control Panel: Hi Guys, I have been using CustomiserGod to change the icons in Windows 10, but as we know the programme has its limitations as to which icons it can change. So my question is: Is there another way to change the icons in the control panel or any icons in Windows 10...