Windows 10: How to Customise icons in the Control Panel

Discus and support How to Customise icons in the Control Panel in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I have been using CustomiserGod to change the icons in Windows 10, but as we know the programme has its limitations as to which icons it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by YanAndrew, May 20, 2016.

1. YanAndrew Win User

How to Customise icons in the Control Panel

Hi Guys,

I have been using CustomiserGod to change the icons in Windows 10, but as we know the programme has its limitations as to which icons it can change. So my question is: Is there another way to change the icons in the control panel or any icons in Windows 10 anywhere?

How to Customise icons in the Control Panel [​IMG]

I found a Windows 8 tutorial that tweaks the registry to change icons, but I'm not sure if it applies to Windows 10 as I couldn't change it after following the steps.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Andrew

:)

YanAndrew, May 20, 2016

2. Volume icon dissapeared from update

I have Windows 10, an update occured. Volume icon has dissapeared from Taskbar. When I go into Control panel, the Customize Taskbar, then Customise under Notification area, and Turn on system icons on or off, the volume is turned off greyed out. I cannot
    turn it on, please help.

I've read all on the community but nothing else has helped.

StaceyWilliams0409, May 20, 2016
  3. HairyFool Win User
    Control Panel icon

Click on Start > Settings > Personalisation > Themes

Scroll down to Related Settings > Desktop icon settings, a classic control dialogue will open with tick boxes, one of which is Control Panel

HairyFool, May 20, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, you can do this manually using Reshacker, but this is really a one-off approach.

I use Icon changer:
    Damian's Homepage

As provided I have 77 icons changed to Win 7 style - it changes imageres.dll and provides an edited copy - I find I have to manually replace it.

You can use whatever icon set you like, if you construct one.

There are plenty of programs around offering to change folder icons, of course. Maybe someone's provided sthg on DeviantArt by now..

Bear in mind these changes are lost when:
    - you do an in-place upgrade repair
    - each major build update arrives
    - you run SFC /SCANNOW

dalchina, May 20, 2016
Thema:

1. How to Customise icons in the Control Panel - Similar Threads - Customise icons Control

2. Control panel customisation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control panel customisation: What do you think guys? [ATTACH] 174637
  3. Blanc icon in the control panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Blanc icon in the control panel: I have in my control panel a blanc icon (no name) i don't no what is? can somebody help me i have already make IconCache.db delete and rebuild but no changing. Windows10 20H2 [img] 169935
  4. Control Panel Icons

Control Panel Icons: Hello, Could someone explain me I obtain these new icons in Control Panel. I've installed the French 2004 version updated June 2020 Build 19041.329 on two different machines. Fresh install after formatting the drive. One have these new icons, the other not. Many thanks for...
  5. Customising Folder Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Customising Folder Icons: I would like to add more icons to the existing list of icons for customising folders. How to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customising-folder-icons/e092c859-c167-468f-9254-68183b0a65d8"
  6. Change Control Panel Icon

Change Control Panel Icon: Does anyone know how I can change the Control Panel icon? I have the Control Panel as a shortcut on my desktop. Can it be done with a reg key edit? Thanks 43982
  7. Problems with customising Control Panel applet icons

Problems with customising Control Panel applet icons: Hello Guys, I am having some problems with the following: 1. I'm unable to change the Mail applet icon in the control panel even after I've pointed its registry key to the desired icon. It just wouldn't change. 2. I'm unable to find the Flash Player (32-bit) GUID....
  8. How to Remove Control Panel Icons no longer used?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Remove Control Panel Icons no longer used?: I have double icons for my laptop pointing device Synaptics v1.6 and Synatpicts v8.1. I want to delete these and just have one after a reinstall of my laptop mouse trackpad drivers. I cant get rid of them, is there a way to get rid of them thanks also tried the *.cpl thing...
  9. How to Remove Redundant NVidia Control Panel Icon?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to Remove Redundant NVidia Control Panel Icon?: I moved from an NVidia GPU to an AMD GPU a while ago but there is still a residual blank NVidia Control Panel icon in Control Panel. How do I remove it? The NVidia drivers were uninstalled a while ago. 72706
  10. No Nvdia Icon in Control Panel

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No Nvdia Icon in Control Panel: Hmmn? I noticed Win 10 installed its own digitally signed driver says its the latest 5.362 but date is 22/07/2015 Downloading the latest drivers from Nvidia for my GTX970 shockingly my system reports that I can't install them. I don't know how I'm going to get the...