Windows 10: How to customize Bluetooth tray icon?

Discus and support How to customize Bluetooth tray icon? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. I wanna know what process, or what file handles the Bluetooth tray icon on the taskbar tray. So I could break open it on Resource Hacker, replace... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mancerrss, May 27, 2017.

1. mancerrss Win User

How to customize Bluetooth tray icon?

Hi. I wanna know what process, or what file handles the Bluetooth tray icon on the taskbar tray. So I could break open it on Resource Hacker, replace the 16x16 icon with Windows 10 MDL style icon so instead of this Blue solid color, it's inline with the MDL tray icon style of other tray icon.

If anyone knows about this please reply and help

:)

mancerrss, May 27, 2017

2. I want the bluetooth icon in my system tray _all the time_, not just when bluetooth is on

Turning bluetooth off is not too hard; click on the bluetooth icon in the system tray to get the settings. But turning it on is hard; search for bluetooth, find settings, enable bluetooth...

So I want the bluetooth icon in my system tray _all the time_, not just when bluetooth is on. That way I can turn it on and off manually at will.

How can I keep the icon in the system tray when bluetooth is _off_?

As a wish list item, I would also like an 'enable/disable bluetooth' in the system tray icon's menu to make that a one-click opertation.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

SLREllison, May 27, 2017
  3. How to remove old notification icons from the Windows 10 system tray.

It's stored in the this registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\TrayNotify

(in Vista and higher)

If you need a script to clear this and restart the shell, check out How To Clear Customize Notifications (System Tray)
    Icons In Windows?

Ramesh Srinivasan, May 27, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Probably in the btpanui.dll but there's a bunch of bluetooth dll's.
    Investigate at your own risk! *Wink

Edwin, May 27, 2017
Thema:

1. How to customize Bluetooth tray icon? - Similar Threads - customize Bluetooth tray

2. How to disable right click option "delete this icon" on Windows 11 bluetooth System tray icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable right click option "delete this icon" on Windows 11 bluetooth System tray icon: Hello, Every time I start my PC I have to enable my bluetooth headphones at the bluetooth devices settings.I like double pressing the bluetooth System tray icon as a shortcut. Only problen I have is that if press it a bit to slow it often deletes the button it self because...
  3. Wierd icon on my tray between Bluetooth and defender

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wierd icon on my tray between Bluetooth and defender: I have a wierd Icon between defender and Bluetooth. When I right click it gives like a blue sphere, what is this for? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wierd-icon-on-my-tray-between-bluetooth-and/c85762fe-74b3-4f81-bba0-4d76782be604
  4. Wierd icon on my tray between Bluetooth and defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wierd icon on my tray between Bluetooth and defender: I have a wierd Icon between defender and Bluetooth. When I right click it gives like a blue sphere, what is this for? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wierd-icon-on-my-tray-between-bluetooth-and/c85762fe-74b3-4f81-bba0-4d76782be604
  5. Wierd icon on my tray between Bluetooth and defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Change Tray Icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Tray Icons: [ATTACH] It's possible to change the software Tray Icons? Some of them are ugly and others look blurry. Regards! https://preview.redd.it/4ybqn4mgmix31.png?width=378&format=png&auto=webp&s=b1db91899cffe2c2c59bf0076f18d02158db60a3 submitted by /u/Sansagi [link]...
  7. How to change the Spotify tray icon

How to change the Spotify tray icon: I find the Spotify tray icon is not in harmony with other white transparent icons, can someone help me change it to white transparent one or delete it when Spotify is running?:困: (Not hidden in the tray arrow) [img] 114404
  8. Customize System Tray Icon Images

Customize System Tray Icon Images: I would like to find out how I can customize the actual images(icons) displayed in the system tray. This is my current system tray --> [img] Icons I want to change include BitDefender, Chrome, and OpenVPN to make them better fit the new Windows 10 icon theme. The...
  9. Bluetooth icon not showing in system tray/notification area?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth icon not showing in system tray/notification area?: I searched to see if anyone addresses this issue and didn't find a thread for my exact problem, pardon me if I missed it... I used to have a bluetooth icon showing in my system tray/notification area, which was a nice convenience. It disappeared within the past week or so,...
  10. Network tray icon is blurry - how to refresh the icon?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network tray icon is blurry - how to refresh the icon?: [img] As you can see, it's not very smooth. The white curved lines have bluish spots inside. When I first installed Windows 10 on a virtual hard disk (vhd), nvidia drivers for my gtx 760 installed automatically by Windows 10 and the icon was very smooth. Later, I had to do a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window10 tray bluetooth icon custom