Windows 10: How to customize folder thumbnails to fit custom folder icons

Discus and support How to customize folder thumbnails to fit custom folder icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! I have changed icons of my folders to "horizontal type". I want to ask if it's possible to "customize" folder thumbnail to fit my new horizontal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TopComp, Mar 15, 2021.

1. TopComp Win User

How to customize folder thumbnails to fit custom folder icons

Hello!
    I have changed icons of my folders to "horizontal type". I want to ask if it's possible to "customize" folder thumbnail to fit my new horizontal icons. (example image below).
    (My windows version is 20H2)

How to customize folder thumbnails to fit custom folder icons [​IMG]

:)

TopComp, Mar 15, 2021

2. Can't Customize a Folder Thumbnail

Hello, everyone.

I'm trying to customze the thumbnails of each folder in my PC, so I know which folder contains which image.

Unfortunately, the thumbnails of some folders aren't changing when I try to customize it. They just still display default thumbnails when I click Apply and OK buttons after customizing them.

To customize folder thumbnail I usually right-click a folder -> click "properties"-> go into "customize" tab -> click "Choose Picture" button under "Folder pictures" tab -> select the thumbnail image -> and click "Apply" and "OK" button.

While I am able to freely customize the thumbnails of some folders, it doesn't work on other folders even when I'm doing exactly the same thing. What can be the problem here?

Thank you in advance for trying to help me!

A Lost Soul, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I want to change a few folders icons and fix the icon to the folder so if its moved to other computers the icon wont change is there any way of doing this thanks,

Live OR Die, Mar 15, 2021
  4. How to customize folder thumbnails to fit custom folder icons

Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I don't undestand what you are asking, but cool sig by the way *Rockout :rockout:

douglatins, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

How to customize folder thumbnails to fit custom folder icons

1. How to customize folder thumbnails to fit custom folder icons - Similar Threads - customize folder thumbnails

2. Customize folder icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customize folder icon: Can I add here custom picture or icon? I am trying to change icon of a folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customize-folder-icon/ec15e418-deb5-4ccb-a624-5f0f17356e00
  3. Customize folder icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customize folder icon: Can I add here custom picture or icon? I am trying to change icon of a folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customize-folder-icon/ec15e418-deb5-4ccb-a624-5f0f17356e00
  4. Cannot customize folder icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot customize folder icons: Firstly, I am sorry if this was posted before, I saw many similar, but I could not find the solution.So, I am downloading icons .ico and I am trying to customize my icons Windows 11, but the same was happening since Windows 10. When I go to the properties of the folter, there...
  5. Cannot customize folder icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot customize folder icons: Firstly, I am sorry if this was posted before, I saw many similar, but I could not find the solution.So, I am downloading icons .ico and I am trying to customize my icons Windows 11, but the same was happening since Windows 10. When I go to the properties of the folter, there...
  6. Thumbnail support for custom folder icon?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thumbnail support for custom folder icon?: I know how to change the icon of a folder, but the thumbnails are not showing on it. I have thumbnails enabled for everything so that's not a possible issue. Is there a way to fix it? 179936
  7. Custom Folder Icons issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Custom Folder Icons issue: Hello, I'm totally new to this community so I don't know if I'm posting it in the right topic. I'm making customized DVD shape folder icons for my movies. As long as it is PNG it's fine. When I convert it into *.ico with "Any to Icon" and export it to my desktop it is fine...
  8. customize a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    customize a folder: How can I customize a folder by placing a photograph on the outside cover. Thanks for the help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customize-a-folder/99898af7-c99b-4d94-89f8-b4f0b3039375"
  9. How to add custom folder icons as default?

How to add custom folder icons as default?: hi, I am new to this forums, so pardon my mistakes... I would like to know how to change the default plain folder icons to custom folder as default... I was able to change lots of icons using customisergod from door2windows... but i got stuck with "folders which have...
  10. Custom Icons for This PC 'Folders'

Custom Icons for This PC 'Folders': Custom Icons for This PC 'Folders' ----- I first posted this as a reply to a tutorial but then I noticed it is better suited here ----- First of all, thanks for this guide and all other guides that eliminate the junk that's just useless and irritating. I don't need...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change folder icon dont fit