Windows 10: How to Customize or Add Apps to the Windows 10 Lock Screen

Discus and support How to Customize or Add Apps to the Windows 10 Lock Screen in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]A Lock screen is a computer user interface available on a computer or mobile […] This article How to Customize or Add Apps to the Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 7, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to Customize or Add Apps to the Windows 10 Lock Screen

WinClub, Jan 7, 2021
  2. shobhitk Win User

None of the Apps showing up on Lock Screen!

Nope that did not help. I guess the steps mentioned there are primarily for the issue of the Lockscreen Apps not being shown as an option in the Settings>Personalization>Lock screen settings page.

My issue is that even though i select those apps from the settings menu but they dont show any status on the Lockscreen.

shobhitk, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Compumind Win User
    Cannot locate custom Lock Screen images in W10 Pro 1809

Success.

Here is the solution, but it is imperative to proceed carefully.
    There are also a couple of final steps that are missing and I had to think about it.

Retrieve Custom Windows 10 Lock Screen Image - Super User

This must be done as Administrator (True Administrator account) -

You must add "Administrator" to the additional fields not listed to get through the permission issues caused by NTFS.

Edit - I'm posting the missing steps:

How to Customize or Add Apps to the Windows 10 Lock Screen [​IMG]

There's quite a bit going on here, but the important item to understand is that for each "picture" folder, you need to add yourself as Administrator.
    Just click on "Select a principal" and enter Administrator as the Object Name for each folder you wish to gain access to.

Hope this helps. Thanks for your help, Shawn.

Microsoft should not have any user going through this just to find a picture. It is insanity.

*Eek

Compumind, Jan 7, 2021
  4. How to Customize or Add Apps to the Windows 10 Lock Screen

Windows10users, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

How to Customize or Add Apps to the Windows 10 Lock Screen

1. How to Customize or Add Apps to the Windows 10 Lock Screen - Similar Threads - Customize Add Apps

2. How to add Custom Libraries to windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to add Custom Libraries to windows: I have an old PC that I wish to use as a smart home server, however I am having a problem Streaming Content from the Hard Drives Internally Plugged into the Machine on the TV's in our house, so far it can only read data in the libraries on the C Drive Which Only Contains Some...
  3. How to add Custom Libraries to windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add Custom Libraries to windows: I have an old PC that I wish to use as a smart home server, however I am having a problem Streaming Content from the Hard Drives Internally Plugged into the Machine on the TV's in our house, so far it can only read data in the libraries on the C Drive Which Only Contains Some...
  4. How to add Custom Libraries to windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to customize the Windows 11 Lock Screen

in Windows 10 News
    How to customize the Windows 11 Lock Screen: [IMG]If you do not like the default lock screen settings, you can change them using the Windows Settings panel. Although the options are limited, you can personalize them according to your requirements. Here is how you can customize the Windows 11 lock screen. Like Windows...
  6. Can We Customize Windows 10 - Lock Screen quick status apps

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can We Customize Windows 10 - Lock Screen quick status apps: There is only limited options listed in Windows 10 - Lock Screen quick status apps Dropdown ,And also There is no other options to add other apps to it e.g.FacebookWhatsAppTeamsIs any provision to add this to the list?...
  7. Windows 10 Lock Screen Customization Help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Lock Screen Customization Help: I do Operating System Deployments for my company. I've recently been tasked to engineer a solution that is using Kiosk Mode/Assigned Access to guests without Active Directory accounts have a way to log in. Long story short, I need to figure out how to customize the Lock...
  8. How to add custom application in Windows 10 logon screen

How to add custom application in Windows 10 logon screen: I want to open one custom application from system logon screen. When user click on this application icon from the system logon screen this will open up the windows and showing some message. Is this possible?...
  9. Customization of Windows 10 Lock Screen - Show Dynamic webpage on Lock Screen

Customization of Windows 10 Lock Screen - Show Dynamic webpage on Lock Screen: Hi, Can anyone please help me with below requirement. we need one dynamic webpage to display on windows 10 desktop screen. The intention is that to unlock user account from the user desktop locked screen. we have designed one website insite my org. and we want, that...
  10. Fully Customize The Windows 10 Lock Screen

Fully Customize The Windows 10 Lock Screen: Hi. I have a slideshow that plays on my Windows 10 Lock Screen which is really nice. But what would be nice, also, is to be able to customize the text that is shown there. For example: • Can I change the font color/font effects of the text that shows the time and date? •...