Windows 10: How to customize the buttons in the Recycle Bin 'Delete files' dialog?

Discus and support How to customize the buttons in the Recycle Bin 'Delete files' dialog? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm new here, so please forgive me, if I'm asking something dumb, but I have the following question: In the popup message about really wanting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by S3R4PHIM, Nov 26, 2016.

1. S3R4PHIM Win User

How to customize the buttons in the Recycle Bin 'Delete files' dialog?

Hi, I'm new here, so please forgive me, if I'm asking something dumb, but I have the following question:

In the popup message about really wanting to delete all the items when emptying the Recycle Bin I'd like to change the text of the two buttons from 'Yes' and 'No' to 'Yep' and 'Nah'.

I've never done something like this before, so if anything I say is wrong or not the right way to do things, please tell me. That said, I've come to the conclusion that I need to edit the right .dll or .mui file with resource hacker to make these changes. In the shell32.dll.mui file I found quite a few strings that deal with the question about deleting the files, but I've yet to see the yes and no for the buttons.

Am I just blind? If not, where can I find the strings for the buttons? Is it even possible to do what I want?
    If it is impossible to change the buttons for the Rcycle Bin message alone, I'd also be fine with every yes and no button in my Windows being replaced with whatever I might edit in the files.

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

:)

S3R4PHIM, Nov 26, 2016

2. Windows 10 is not permanently deleting files and folders that I specify to be deleted permanently

Hi Sal,

To help resolve your concern, kindly press Shift + Delete
    keys on the keyboard to permanently delete a file.

You may also follow the“Don’t move files to Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted” in Recycle bin folder. Here's how:

• Open the Desktop, locate the Recycle bin, right click on it and select
      Properties.

• Select the drive on which you are facing this issue (like C:\ or D:\ or F:\ etc.)

• Click on Custom size option instead of “Don’t move files to Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted”.

• Check the box Display delete confirmation dialog.

• Click on Apply and OK buttons.

• Reboot the computer and check if it helps.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Raymond Ave, Nov 26, 2016
  3. Windows 10 file explorer permanently deletes photos but not other files

When I delete photos in Windows 10 file explorer, they are permanently deleted rather than going to the recycle bin. Other file types are going to the recycle bin. I've looked at recycle bin settings, and the 'permanently delete' option is NOT checked.
    How can I ensure deleted photos go to the recycle bin?

MartinColston, Nov 26, 2016
  4. S3R4PHIM Win User

So I suppose either nobody knows or those who know can't be bothered to answer?

S3R4PHIM, Dec 19, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    The first part of the question is valid and the second part is insulting. It also could be that whoever may have the information simply hasn't seen the question yet. We are all [or mostly] Volunteers who offer our time and knowledge helping others. One thing that HAS to be known about an OS/Operating System is that there simply is no way to change what some things look like without rewriting the program which on most EULAs/End User License Agreements is prohibited. Linux is different in that most versions are created/compiled under open licensing, anyone is free to create a new version and that's validated by the some 250 different versions of that OS.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to customize the buttons in the Recycle Bin 'Delete files' dialog? - Similar Threads - customize buttons Recycle

2. Recycle bin automatically deleting files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle bin automatically deleting files: Running Windows 8.1 - How do I stop the Recycle Bin from automatically deleting the items in case I want to restore a deleted file? The deleted files used to stay in the Recycle Bin until I deleted them. Now, a deleted file doesn't even make it to the Recycle Bin, it just...
  3. Recycle bin automatically deleting files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recycle bin automatically deleting files: Running Windows 8.1 - How do I stop the Recycle Bin from automatically deleting the items in case I want to restore a deleted file? The deleted files used to stay in the Recycle Bin until I deleted them. Now, a deleted file doesn't even make it to the Recycle Bin, it just...
  4. Deleted files from recycle bin

Deleted files from recycle bin: Somehow, I did not do it, emptied the recycle bin with files I wanted to recover later. Is there a way to get those files back? I use the Recuva from CCleaner and it can't find them. Says I have a Harddisk Volume2 that's unable to determine file system type...don't know what...
  5. Recycle Bin Dialog Box File Locations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle Bin Dialog Box File Locations: Hello All,I am interested in dialog boxes, and their locations in C:\ in Windows 7, 10, 11.For example:When I right click on a folder and then left click on Delete, a dialog box opens that says "Are you sure you want to move this folder to the Recycle Bin?" And I have two...
  6. Recycle Bin Dialog Box File Locations

Recycle Bin Dialog Box File Locations: Hello All,I am interested in dialog boxes, and their locations in C:\ in Windows 7, 10, 11.For example:When I right click on a folder and then left click on Delete, a dialog box opens that says "Are you sure you want to move this folder to the Recycle Bin?" And I have two...
  7. Dialog Button Customization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dialog Button Customization: Hereby sincerely to enquire, I wish to customize the color of the dialog button, any advise for it? prefer regedit. The default color of the dialog button is blue Border and while I point on it, I wish to change it to another....
  8. DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF: HOW CAN I DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE "recycle bin" ITSELF? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-all-files-in-recycle-bin-or-delete-recycle/eb83336a-44d1-47be-b51a-808eb6cbfc16
  9. Deleted Recycle Bin files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted Recycle Bin files: I deleted some files from the recycle bin permanently a few months ago and I now realized that I need them. I’ve downloaded a few apps to recover these files but they all retrieved random stuff that weren’t my files. What are the best free online applications that will help...
  10. recycle bin and deleting certain files

recycle bin and deleting certain files: I like to keep my deleted files for a month or so before I delete entirely. Since I've had W10, I've found the Recycle Bin does not work properly. I've worked around it but I'm sick of it and would like the damn thing to work as it should. At the beginning of every month,...