Windows 10: How to customize the News and Interests taskbar widget in Windows 10

Discus and support How to customize the News and Interests taskbar widget in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 users now have a News and Interests taskbar widget. The feature gives us quick access to an integrated feed of weather, news, sports, etc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 21, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to customize the News and Interests taskbar widget in Windows 10

Windows 10 users now have a News and Interests taskbar widget. The feature gives us quick access to an integrated feed of weather, news, sports, etc right on our taskbar. With just a quick hover on the icon, we can quickly peek into it without disturbing our work. In this post, we will show you how to Change the weather location, Customize the weather card, Change Temperature units, Choose how your weather looks, Personalize your Feed and Update Traffic Location.

You see a weather icon with the temperature in your taskbar.

How to customize the News and Interests taskbar widget in Windows 10 [​IMG]

When you hover over the icon, a quick feed opens with the cards displaying news, weather report, traffic updates, and money card. This is the default setting of the feature but is fully customizable. While the news cards are not removable, you can hide all the other cards like weather, traffic, and money card.

Today in this post we will learn how to customize the News and Interests taskbar widget: We will learn how to:

1. Change the weather location
    2. Change Temperature units
    3. Choose how your weather looks
    4. Personalize your Feed
    5. Update Traffic Location
    1] Change Weather Location on Taskbar in Windows 10

Hover over the weather icon in the taskbar to open the cards.

Click on the three dots on the top right corner of your weather card.

Click on Edit Location

Here you can either specify the location manually or let the service detect your location automatically.

I left it on the system and yes, it detected my location Agra and yes, tonight is a rainy night for us.

Click on ‘See Full Forecast” and it will take you to the detailed weather report on the Edge wherein you can see the weather forecast for the next 10 days with all the other details like wind speed, humidity levels, visibility level, dew point, and much more.

That’s not it. You can further change the temperature units too.

2] Temperature units in News and Interests

• Open the feed and locate the weather card.
    • The default setting displays the temperature in Celsius but there is an F (Fahrenheit) symbol too.
    • Click on the F symbol to switch the temperature units.
    3] Choose how your weather looks on the taskbar

One more thing that you can change about the weather settings is to show the icon with text in your taskbar or just the icon. Right-click a blank space in the taskbar to open the taskbar settings. Go to News and Interests and select the option as per your preference. Select Turn Off if you want to unpin the feature from your taskbar.

Well, this is all you can customize in your weather card and if you just don’t want to see it, you can simply hide the weather card.

• Hover over the icon to open the feed.
    • Locate the weather card.
    • Click on the three dots and select ‘Hide Weather Card”
    4] Personalize your Feed

Furthermore, you can also manage your interests in News and Interests. To refresh the feed, just click on the Refresh Icon.

• Click on Manage Interests on the top right corner of the feed.
    • This will take you to the official page of the feature in Microsoft Edge wherein you can change your interests and select what you want to see on your feed. You can add or remove the interests from here.

You can also save or share any news story right from your feed.

Click on the three dots on the news story and you will get the options to Share, Save for later or Hide the story. Also, you can choose to see more or fewer stories like that.

5] Update Traffic Location

As mentioned above, this new feed is highly customizable. Just like the weather card, you can edit the location in your traffic card as well.

• Go to Traffic Car and click on the three dots.
    • Click on Edit Traffic Location and specify the location or let the feature detect your location.
    • Click on the Traffic Update and it shows you a detailed traffic update of your location in your browser Edge wherein you can see the details like the traffic alerts, construction schedules, and the cameras installed. Unfortunately, my city doesn’t have any cameras installed and thankfully we have a construction scheduled only in one area.

Overall, this is a very useful feature that gives us a quick glance at the news feed, weather report, traffic updates, etc of our area. Also, it lets us choose our area of interest too and select what we actually want to see on our feed.

Well, remember that this is a new feature and is still rolling out. So, if you don’t see it on your PC, you probably haven’t installed this new update.

This article How to customize the News and Interests taskbar widget in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 21, 2021
  2. thomaseg1 Win User

Windows 10 Insider Preview Dev Build 21301 (RS_PRERELEASE) - Jan. 27 Insider

Windows 10’s taskbar is getting a big update with new weather and news widget - The Verge
    To disable the taskbar news widget, use these steps:

• Right-click the taskbar on Windows 10.
    • Select the News and interests menu and choose the Hidden option. Disable taskbar News and Interests.
    • (Optional) Select the Show icon only option if you want to keep the widget using less space in the taskbar.
    I don't know if it works

It works

thomaseg1, May 21, 2021
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Dev Build 21301 (RS_PRERELEASE) - Jan. 27 Insider

Hi there

After a reboot it's gone --

Thanks !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 21, 2021
  4. gdscrtr Win User

gdscrtr, May 21, 2021
Thema:

1. How to customize the News and Interests taskbar widget in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - customize News Interests

2. News and interest widget

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and interest widget: How do you turn on the News and interest widget on window 11 task bar. I have Version 22H2 Build 22621.382 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interest-widget/d3a5ef40-f567-4abb-b9c2-e87095203916
  3. News and interest widget

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News and interest widget: How do you turn on the News and interest widget on window 11 task bar. I have Version 22H2 Build 22621.382 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interest-widget/d3a5ef40-f567-4abb-b9c2-e87095203916
  4. widget news and interest

in Windows 10 Gaming
    widget news and interest: News and Interest got chinese characters after updating Windows 11. I dont know how to configure it so I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widget-news-and-interest/33e9f52f-613c-4d91-bc3c-49e9ab77168b
  5. widget news and interest

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    widget news and interest: News and Interest got chinese characters after updating Windows 11. I dont know how to configure it so I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widget-news-and-interest/33e9f52f-613c-4d91-bc3c-49e9ab77168b
  6. News and Interests Widget blank on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    News and Interests Widget blank on taskbar: I searched for this issue beforehand, but while others have had related issues, they did not seem to be quite the same. Also, the recommended fixes failed.My News and Interests Widget is blank, but only on the taskbar. It no longer shows any icon OR information, such at the...
  7. Windows 10 - News and interests taskbar widgets show only in the bottom taskbar

Windows 10 - News and interests taskbar widgets show only in the bottom taskbar: Hello everyone,As subject, i don't know if this is an issue or windows update.I tried to choose the Show icon only option in the News and interests menu but still so. I'm a left taskbar user.Does anyone have any ideas on this?Thanks for reading my post....
  8. News & Interests/Weather Widget

News & Interests/Weather Widget: Regarding the new News & Interests/Weather Widget, I would like to know how to UNSYNC it across 2 devices using the same account so that both devices can be in different languages. I have SYNC off in Windows settings & also off on Edge settings, yet every time I change the...
  9. News and Interest widget now showing on taskbar

News and Interest widget now showing on taskbar: Hello. I have Windows 10 Pro version 21H1 OS Build 19043.985 and I do not have the "News and Interest" widget on the taskbar. I live in Mexico. I don't know if the region has anything to do with it. Any ideas? Thanks....
  10. How to hide or unhide Publishers in News and Interests Taskbar Widget of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to hide or unhide Publishers in News and Interests Taskbar Widget of Windows 10: If you do not like to read news from specific websites, you can hide publishers in News and Interests in Windows 10. There is an in-built option to manage which website you want to read and which you don’t. It opens a page via Microsoft Edge, and you can hide or unhide them...