Windows 10: How to customize the side bar in Explorer (determine which cloud services appear and in...

Discus and support How to customize the side bar in Explorer (determine which cloud services appear and in... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear community, my current side bar looks as follows: [ATTACH] I have already found a way how I can remove "Create Cloud Files":... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by exceluser_123, Apr 19, 2019.

1. How to customize the side bar in Explorer (determine which cloud services appear and in...

Dear community,

my current side bar looks as follows:

How to customize the side bar in Explorer (determine which cloud services appear and in... 1d045a1b-7614-4bc7-89ba-c5958eb444b9?upload=true.jpg

I have already found a way how I can remove "Create Cloud Files": https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/remove-creative-cloud-files-file-explorer-sidebar/

However, with every update of Adobe XD it appears again. Is there a way to let it disappear forever?

Furthermore, I would like to customize the order in which the other services are displayed (OneDrive on top of DropBox). Is this possible somehow?

Thank you for your help

Best regards

:)

exceluser_123, Apr 19, 2019
  2. PUN
    pun Win User

How to remove "Creative Cloud Files" from File Explorer address bar

Does any one know how to remove this Creative Cloud Files option after uninstalling Creative Cloud app from Windows 10

How to customize the side bar in Explorer (determine which cloud services appear and in... UcokJ.png

Additional info :

1. This folder does not exist as I deleted C:\username\Creative Cloud Files after uninstallation
    2. This is not from File Explorer address bar history
    3. I've already tried clearing address bar history
    4. I've reinstalled and used Official Uninstallers [ 1 ] & [ 2 ]
    5. Suggestions about removing Creative Cloud Files from File Explorer Side Bar does not resolve this

I can't tell if this problem exist in other user account but i don't want to use that either.

Any hints or suggestions ?

Update

After much digging around & hints from @DrMoishe Pippik, I have reached another dead end.

If I go to %USERPROFILE%\Links there are two links Desktop & Downloads

Going inside Desktop, it shows me Creative Cloud Files but I cannot delete it as Delete option is not there and Unlocker could not delete/rename it

How to customize the side bar in Explorer (determine which cloud services appear and in... TzICY.png

Hence the problem now becomes :

1. I cannot cannot access this file from command prompt as its link inside link. Weirdly I cannot find this in dir /al /s c:\ > c: either
    2. I cannot change its permission as it shows the error below. Safe mode doesn't allow that either

How to customize the side bar in Explorer (determine which cloud services appear and in... ju1ua.jpg

Update

Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FolderDes‌​criptions as requested by @harrymc can be found below

http://pastebin.com/712WL9pt

Screenshot of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace which didn't point to anything important either

How to customize the side bar in Explorer (determine which cloud services appear and in... Klfan.png

3. qubit Win User
    Help me choose the best 1TB cloud storage service

Just a heads up that cloud storage is on the backburner at the moment, but I'll get back to you once I've had a chance to explore the options you've suggested to me.

Thanks for all your replies, peeps. *Toast :toast:

qubit, Apr 19, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

How to customize the side bar in Explorer (determine which cloud services appear and in...

HP Unveils Cloud-Based Service Desk Solution

And in other "Cloud News" today ...

Kreij, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

How to customize the side bar in Explorer (determine which cloud services appear and in...

1. How to customize the side bar in Explorer (determine which cloud services appear and in... - Similar Threads - customize side bar

2. Customizing Microsoft Edge bar appearance on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customizing Microsoft Edge bar appearance on Windows 11: SummaryI reinstalled Windows 11 on my machine. Last time, I installed Windows 11, I got a more beautiful looking Edge Bar at the top of my desktop. This was done automatically without any manually turning on feature. But, when I re-installed Windows 11 on the machine again...
  3. blue cloud now appearing on task bar on Windows 10 - how to disable it

in Windows 10 Customization
    blue cloud now appearing on task bar on Windows 10 - how to disable it: I hate it when Microsoft add new features without asking me. This morning I noticed a new blue cloud icon on my task bar, along with the weather. If you hover over the icon it has a popup which shows various news items etc.Is there a way to disable this feature. I don't find...
  4. CLOUD SERVICE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CLOUD SERVICE: HOW CAN I REMOVE MYSELF FROM CLOUD SERVICE AND GET MY ACCOUNTS TO UPDATE THEMSELVES CORRECTLY ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cloud-service/1828581d-1f93-4eed-b6eb-997376242bd1
  5. Cloud services cost estimator not appearing in SCCM

Cloud services cost estimator not appearing in SCCM: Cloud services cost estimator not appearing in SCCM - I am currently running sccm current branch 1910 , i believe that the feature was available in 1903. is there anything i need to do to enable this??...
  6. How to customize task bar?

How to customize task bar?: I want my battery icon on the taskbar. It was there then all the sudden, it's gone. I know it's something simple, I fixed it before. However, right now I'm hitting a brick wall. Help please. Simple directions. Thank you!...
  7. How to determine which Operating System is installed on the computer.

How to determine which Operating System is installed on the computer.: THIS IS NOT MY LAPTOP HAS BEEN USED BY YOUNG CHILDREN OVER MOST RECENT TIMES, PERSONALLY OLDER LADY AM I AND WOULD PREFER TO USE WINDOWS 7 BEI NG THAT IS MOST OF MY COMPUTER EXPERIENCE, HOWEVER FEEL CERTAIN IT , WINDOWS 7, MAYBE OBSOLETE?? IN EFFORT, TO BEST AHCIEVE...
  8. Sort Order Of The Side Bar In Windows Explorer

Sort Order Of The Side Bar In Windows Explorer: High, I work on a Windows 10 Home (64bit) laptop and want to change the order of the Explorer side bar in my own manner. Depending on my searching results I got a first helpfull solution. Ramesh explained that for Libraries under the following Key...
  9. How to determine which applications are currently using a service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to determine which applications are currently using a service: Is there a way to find out, which applications are currently using a service? Kindest Regards 55956
  10. Customize "Choose which folders appear on start" ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Customize "Choose which folders appear on start" ?: In settings > personalization > start > Choose which folders appear on start Can we add custom folders to this ? There are some folders which I use very frequently which aren't any of the standard folders (downloads, documents etc) 21120