Windows 10: How to customize the Windows 11 Lock Screen

Discus and support How to customize the Windows 11 Lock Screen in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]If you do not like the default lock screen settings, you can change them using the Windows Settings panel. Although the options are limited, you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 11, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to customize the Windows 11 Lock Screen

How to customize the Windows 11 Lock Screen [​IMG]
    If you do not like the default lock screen settings, you can change them using the Windows Settings panel. Although the options are limited, you can personalize them according to your requirements. Here is how you can customize the Windows 11 lock screen. Like Windows 10, Windows 11 has an uncluttered lock screen with minimum […]

This article How to customize the Windows 11 Lock Screen first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Oct 11, 2021
  2. Compumind Win User

Cannot locate custom Lock Screen images in W10 Pro 1809

Success.

Here is the solution, but it is imperative to proceed carefully.
    There are also a couple of final steps that are missing and I had to think about it.

Retrieve Custom Windows 10 Lock Screen Image - Super User

This must be done as Administrator (True Administrator account) -

You must add "Administrator" to the additional fields not listed to get through the permission issues caused by NTFS.

Edit - I'm posting the missing steps:

There's quite a bit going on here, but the important item to understand is that for each "picture" folder, you need to add yourself as Administrator.
    Just click on "Select a principal" and enter Administrator as the Object Name for each folder you wish to gain access to.

Hope this helps. Thanks for your help, Shawn.

Microsoft should not have any user going through this just to find a picture. It is insanity.

*Eek

Compumind, Oct 11, 2021
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Josey Wales, Oct 11, 2021
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Where does Windows 10 store *CUSTOM* lock screen wallpaper?

Hi Chris,

Customizing lock screen wallpapers help you set your lock screen to your desired image. We need additional information for us to provide a suitable solution. Can you answer the questions below?

• Did you try changing it from the Settings?
    • Are you trying to use a theme?
    • Are you trying to set the lock screen to an image, Windows Spotlight or slideshow?

In the meantime, try changing the lock screen by following the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click Lock screen from the left panel.
    • Set the lock screen on either a picture, Windows Spotlight or slideshow.
    • Under Picture, you can browse your computer to select your desired lock screen.

How to customize the Windows 11 Lock Screen 14a810d2-b85f-42b3-80a1-e9affbde6cb4.png

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Oct 11, 2021
Thema:

1. How to customize the Windows 11 Lock Screen - Similar Threads - customize Lock Screen

2. Windows 11 lock screen customization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 lock screen customization: Hi everyone I was wondering if you could personalize the windows 11 lock screen to make it look like the windows 10 one.If this is not possible, Is there any 3rd party apps anyone could recommend. Hi everyone I was wondering if you could personalize the windows 11 lock screen...
  3. Windows 11 lock screen customization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 lock screen customization: Hi everyone I was wondering if you could personalize the windows 11 lock screen to make it look like the windows 10 one.If this is not possible, Is there any 3rd party apps anyone could recommend. Hi everyone I was wondering if you could personalize the windows 11 lock screen...
  4. I need infomation on lock screen details, how to customize lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need infomation on lock screen details, how to customize lock screen: I need instructions in lock screen details, to customize my lock screen by changing background to favorite photoes or slide show. social network updates, status notifications and other app system notifications. I need your help,...
  5. I need infomation on lock screen details, how to customize lock screen

I need infomation on lock screen details, how to customize lock screen: I need instructions in lock screen details, to customize my lock screen by changing background to favorite photoes or slide show. social network updates, status notifications and other app system notifications. I need your help,...
  6. Lock screen not changing to custom image.

Lock screen not changing to custom image.: I am attempting to change my lock screen image to one I have saved on my computer, but when I select the image in settings, the preview goes blank and just endlessly has a spinning loading circle, and even restarting my computer multiple times hasn't allowed me to change it....
  7. How to Customize or Add Apps to the Windows 10 Lock Screen

in Windows 10 News
    How to Customize or Add Apps to the Windows 10 Lock Screen: [ATTACH]A Lock screen is a computer user interface available on a computer or mobile […] This article How to Customize or Add Apps to the Windows 10 Lock Screen first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Windows 10 Lock Screen Customization Help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Lock Screen Customization Help: I do Operating System Deployments for my company. I've recently been tasked to engineer a solution that is using Kiosk Mode/Assigned Access to guests without Active Directory accounts have a way to log in. Long story short, I need to figure out how to customize the Lock...
  9. Fully Customize The Windows 10 Lock Screen

Fully Customize The Windows 10 Lock Screen: Hi. I have a slideshow that plays on my Windows 10 Lock Screen which is really nice. But what would be nice, also, is to be able to customize the text that is shown there. For example: • Can I change the font color/font effects of the text that shows the time and date? •...
  10. Unable to customize Lock Screen

Unable to customize Lock Screen: I was hoping I could change the image on the lock screen, but it still appears not to work - when I select a new image I just get a spinning cursor in the preview screen. Is anyone having a luck customizing the Lock Screen image, if so how do you do it? 19910