Windows 10: How to customize Windows OS like Mac OS X?

Discus and support How to customize Windows OS like Mac OS X? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello I'm a Mac user who's moved to PC after decades of Mac use. I do 3D computer graphics. I still do office communication & office work on a Mac... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by reason909, Feb 5, 2019.

1. reason909 Win User

How to customize Windows OS like Mac OS X?

Hello I'm a Mac user who's moved to PC after decades of Mac use. I do 3D computer graphics. I still do office communication & office work on a Mac laptop and share files via Dropbox. I'd like to customize my PC with various add-ons, but I'm afraid to this without a better understanding of what exactly I'm changing.

For example, I'm interested in this .webloc opener product: https://benchdoos.github.io/

It seems ok, but I really don't know what it's doing technically, and how it modifies the windows OS to accomplish this.

I've come across the following terms in my research: shell scripts, extensions & add-ons. I don't know what they mean, what the distinctions are between them, and whether they're system-wide or application/program specific.

I'm mostly concerned with customizations that could make my PC crash, create conflicts with other software, or reduce performance and speed. I'm also concerned they may compromise security, though that seems unlikely if I use a bit of common sense. On the Mac side there are startup items and control panels, and I have a fair idea of how they'll modify the base system.

I'm reasonably tech savvy, but new to PC's & Windows. Is there an online guide that explains customizing PC architecture for people like me? Most of the descriptions for these customization products are showing existing features or cosmetic stuff like custom backgrounds. The advanced setups assume people are PC power users familiar with these terms, not newbies from the Mac side.

FYI: The customizations I'm currently interested in are to match what I'm used to on the Mac:

· Moving selected items into a new folder (like OSX finder's right-click)

· Batch renaming files (like OSX finder's right-click)

· Customizing Windows File Explorer to show GB/MB instead of KB.

· Better Display of file paths inside an application or when I click alt-tab.

· Better previews (like OSX's command spacebar).

· I'd also like to adjust hotkeys.

BTW, I have Windows 10 and an Alienware PC hardware with a NVidea 1080t GPU. I don't have exact model numbers at the moment, but its a fairly modern setup, bought last August.

***Modified title from: Windows OS Customization questions from a long-time Mac usuer***

:)

reason909, Feb 5, 2019

2. Blogger Compiles List of 50 Reasons to Switch to Mac OS X

Somebody took the time and effort to write a fairly neutral list of reasons why people should switch from any Microsoft operating system to Mac OS X. The full list is available at the source link, but I think you might be interested in what made the top five.
    Source: Some Blog on the Interweb

zekrahminator, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Windows Phone sync in Mac OS X

Many of the earlier posts have suggested this link (http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/basics/sync-my-windows-phone) to learn how to sync Windows Phone on Mac platform. This page might have been updated recenlty, there is no information on how
    to sync WP contents on Mac platform. Please suggest how to sync on Mac OS and is there any Mac supported WP sync app by Microsoft currently functional?

Using Mac OS X El Capitan

Windows 8.1 OS on Lumia 625

Thanks.

ViswanathP, Feb 5, 2019
  4. malware Win User

Apple Mac OS X 10.5.7 Update Released

Good news, Mac users, as it looks like Apple is kicking 10.5.7 update of Mac OS X Leopard. Apple recommends this update to all users running Mac OS X Leopard. This upgrade includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac. For detailed information on the update, please visit this website here. You can obtain the update from either the Software Update option found in your Apple menu, or from the links below:
    General
    • Includes latest security fixes.
    • Includes additional RAW image support for several third-party cameras.
    • Improves performance of video playback and cursor movements for recent Macs with NVIDIA graphics.
    • Resolves an issue with Dvorak keyboard layout in Mac OS X 10.5.6.
    • Improves the reliability and accuracy of Unit Converter, Stocks, Weather and Movies Dashboard widgets.
    • Addresses a situation that may cause issues when logging into Gmail.
    • Improves reliability when syncing contacts with Yahoo!.
    • Expansion Slot Utility for Mac Pro now reports the correct PCIe slot configuration.
    • Improves network performance when connected to certain Ethernet switches that have Flow Control enabled.
    • Improves stability for network home directories hosted by Mac OS X Server v10.4.
    • Improves Finder search results for network volumes that may not support Spotlight searching, such as Mac OS X Server v10.4, Time Capsule, and third-party AFP servers.
    • Includes several improvements to Directory Service and Client Management, which are described in the About Mac OS X Server 10.5.7 Update article.
    iCal
    • Improves overall reliability with CalDav.
    • Improves reliability when automatically syncing with MobileMe.
    Mail
    • Addresses reliability and sync issues with Notes.
    • Addresses an issue that may cause the BCC field to populate incorrectly when redirecting a message from the Sent mailbox.
    Parental Controls
    • Improves consistency with Parental Controls and application restrictions.
    • Addresses an issue in which time limits may not work properly with full-screen games and Fast User Switching.
    Printing
    • Resolves an issue that may cause certain third-party printers to print to the incorrect paper tray.
    • Non-admin user accounts can now be allowed to add and remove printers by enabling Parental Controls and selecting "Can administer printers".
    • Includes other printing reliability and stability improvements.
    Source: Neowin.net

malware, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

1. How to customize Windows OS like Mac OS X? - Similar Threads - customize Mac

2. how to execute a custom script based on a specific windows notification or edge...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to execute a custom script based on a specific windows notification or edge...: I am looking for a way to run a custom script which is located on my local drive when I receive a specific notification based on notification title? or from an edge notification from a specific url?I am using omnichannel on the CRM dynamics platform to receive phone calls in...
  3. how to execute a custom script based on a specific windows notification or edge...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to execute a custom script based on a specific windows notification or edge...: I am looking for a way to run a custom script which is located on my local drive when I receive a specific notification based on notification title? or from an edge notification from a specific url?I am using omnichannel on the CRM dynamics platform to receive phone calls in...
  4. how to execute a custom script based on a specific windows notification or edge...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How can i set up a custom paper sizefor the PDF printer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can i set up a custom paper sizefor the PDF printer?: I want to be ablew to input my own custom dimensions for a pdf, specificly for example 9.0" x 9.0"or 3.375" x 2.125"or even 1" x 2' how could i go about doing that? ive looked this up before and all I see are default print options for physical printers...
  6. Going mad with customer support downloading Windows ISO on a Mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Going mad with customer support downloading Windows ISO on a Mac: I think I must be going mad here. This is a support chat I just had with a support engineer when trying to do something as simple as downloading the Windows .ISO disc image file to my Mac. Not installing it. Literally just downloading the...
  7. Going mad with customer support downloading Windows ISO on a Mac

Going mad with customer support downloading Windows ISO on a Mac: I think I must be going mad here. This is a support chat I just had with a support engineer when trying to do something as simple as downloading the Windows .ISO disc image file to my Mac. Not installing it. Literally just downloading the...
  8. I want to customize my keyboard for mac.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to customize my keyboard for mac.: Hello,My company purchased the Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop keyboard and mouse for me one year ago. I would like to change the function of the key I'm not sure what it's called, but it's an icon located between the Alt and Ctrl keys on the right side to act as the Command key for...
  9. I want to customize my keyboard for mac.

I want to customize my keyboard for mac.: Hello,My company purchased the Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop keyboard and mouse for me one year ago. I would like to change the function of the key I'm not sure what it's called, but it's an icon located between the Alt and Ctrl keys on the right side to act as the Command key for...
  10. Windows OS Customization questions from a long-time Mac usuer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows OS Customization questions from a long-time Mac usuer: Hello I'm a Mac user who's moved to PC after decades of Mac use. I do 3D computer graphics. I still do office communication & office work on a Mac laptop and share files via Dropbox. I'd like to customize my PC with various add-ons, but I'm afraid to this without a better...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mac os customization on windows

2. OS X like display windows

3. open print layout full v1903

4. custom windows to mac os