Windows 10: How to cut/delete parts of a video in Windows 10

Discus and support How to cut/delete parts of a video in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an hour long video which has several bits scattered in it which I wish to cut or delete, reducing the video's final length to about 35 minutes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Enkay1950, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Enkay1950 Win User

How to cut/delete parts of a video in Windows 10

I have an hour long video which has several bits scattered in it which I wish to cut or delete, reducing the video's final length to about 35 minutes. I am not interested in the cut or deleted bits but obviously wish to save the shortened video in a specific place and then delete the original hour long video.

How do I do this in Windows 10? I normally use a VLC player.

:)

Enkay1950, Mar 16, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Audio part of the video is not saving on Windows 10.

Hi Susie,

The issue might have occurred due to the following reasons:

• Software used to create the video.
    • Step forgotten while creating the video.

Before we assist you further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Which software are you using to create the video?
    • Did you skip the step to add audio while creating the video?

You may have skipped the step to add the audio while creating the video. Check if you have followed the steps to add audio while creating the video on the computer.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of saving the video on the desktop issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 16, 2021
  4. How to cut/delete parts of a video in Windows 10

Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

How to cut/delete parts of a video in Windows 10

1. How to cut/delete parts of a video in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - cut delete parts

2. How to cut specific parts of a window off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to cut specific parts of a window off?: I’m looking for a program that lets you choose a specific part of a window to display, let’s say the left side of the window is filled with things you don’t need, how do you then cut it off?Not resize, but cut offI’ve been having this problem for years, I just can’t take it...
  3. How to cut specific parts of a window off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to cut specific parts of a window off?: I’m looking for a program that lets you choose a specific part of a window to display, let’s say the left side of the window is filled with things you don’t need, how do you then cut it off?Not resize, but cut offI’ve been having this problem for years, I just can’t take it...
  4. How to cut specific parts of a window off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deleted EFI and system part on Windows 10, how to restore it ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted EFI and system part on Windows 10, how to restore it ?: Hello ! Big blunder right here...Via Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon, i used Disks gnome-disk-utility 3.36.1 to delete DD partitions, wrong drive selected, result : EFI and system devices were deleted. I still have Microsoft basic data and Windows recovery environment...I only have a...
  6. Deleted EFI and system part on Windows 10, how to restore it ?

Deleted EFI and system part on Windows 10, how to restore it ?: Hello ! Big blunder right here...Via Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon, i used Disks gnome-disk-utility 3.36.1 to delete DD partitions, wrong drive selected, result : EFI and system devices were deleted. I still have Microsoft basic data and Windows recovery environment...I only have a...
  7. Deleted EFI and system part on Windows 10, how to restore it ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. How to Split a Video into parts in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Split a Video into parts in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]This post discusses how you can split a video into multiple parts in Windows 11/10. If you have a large video file and you want to split it into multiple smaller video segments, this post is for you. Here, we are going to mention multiple methods that enable you to...
  9. Windows 10 Photo App Video Editor - Change clip preview or delete part of the video

Windows 10 Photo App Video Editor - Change clip preview or delete part of the video: Hi All, Within the app, how do you change the thumbnail of video on the Storyboard, or delete part of a clip to change the thumbnail? Context: When you split a video clip, the new clips do not delete any of the video; it's not actually split, it just creates a copy of...
  10. How to split and cut videos in windows 10 (NOT TRIM)

How to split and cut videos in windows 10 (NOT TRIM): I was wondering if there was any way to cut or split videos in widows 10 without for free or without 3rd party software. The video editor supplied with windows 10 seems to only be able to trim the video. If this is not possible (which would be shameful considering even movie...