Windows 10: How to darken the reading space, the bright white page is blinding me

Discus and support How to darken the reading space, the bright white page is blinding me in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to make the reading page darker? The bright white is blinding me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JaniceLockett how to, Sep 9, 2019.

1. How to darken the reading space, the bright white page is blinding me

How to make the reading page darker? The bright white is blinding me.

:)

JaniceLockett how to, Sep 9, 2019
  2. ekendraed Win User

How to reduce BRIGHTNESS on the TEXT page

I have problems when the TEXT PAGE is WHITE. The brightness of the screen hurts my eye. (I am blind in one eye)

Is there anyway to change the colour of the TEXT PAGE to a moderate BLUE or GREY?

Many thanks

Ekendra

ekendraed, Sep 9, 2019
  3. RobEllis Win User
    Automatic Screen brightness - too bright in a darkened room?

HTC Mozart - seems like in a darkened room, the automatic brightness doesn't go low enough - it's particularly noticable when opening Mail, due to the white background.

The light sensor is working, because the brightness does adjust ok for use in sunlight, etc.

Anyone else seeing similar behaviour?

RobEllis, Sep 9, 2019
  4. How to darken the reading space, the bright white page is blinding me

how do I darken screen

How do I darken screen. I appears so bright its hard to read

lindazegersgrmmygums, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

How to darken the reading space, the bright white page is blinding me

1. How to darken the reading space, the bright white page is blinding me - Similar Threads - darken reading space

2. Windows 10 apps darken and have white line under it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 apps darken and have white line under it: I was trying to crop a photo some months ago and the photos app is darkened and has a white line under it, then i saw Microsoft Store darkened too and not opening, my mail, calendar, solitaire is also darken. Yesterday when i uninstalled my product key/activation thing a lot...
  3. Screen darkens considerably when viewing a dark page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen darkens considerably when viewing a dark page: My screen darkens considerably when viewing a dark image or web page, all elements darken, images and user interface. As soon as I navigate to a brighter page, the brightness fades back up again. This has been happening since March 2020. Windows 10 Home x64 AMD Radeon R9...
  4. White bright areas get darkened

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White bright areas get darkened: Title is a little unclear... Basically is I open an Explorer window that is for the most part white (thus bright to the eye) it gets dimmed down. I cannot explain this very well and I can't seem to find anything on the internet to help. I have my monitor to my RTX 2080 Ti...
  5. White blinding background on microsoft edge.

White blinding background on microsoft edge.: This background is so white and it is very hard to see some text depending on what sites you go on. When is microsoft going to get its act together. Maybe it has and I don't know about it. Any answers?...
  6. How do I darken the print on my computer. It is difficult to read.

How do I darken the print on my computer. It is difficult to read.: How do I darken the print on my computer. It is difficult to read. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-darken-the-print-on-my-computer-it-is/43a28aba-5cc2-4a87-bb88-801b874f9363
  7. How can I darken the lettering on my computer?It's extremely hard to read the different...

How can I darken the lettering on my computer?It's extremely hard to read the different...: Hello, I've just bought a small Dell laptop and it has Windows 10 as it's OS. My desktop uses 8.1, but I'm not familiar with all the different settings on the laptop such as darkening the words and letters that appear on it. Can anyone help me? Thank you...
  8. Color blindness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Color blindness: Since moving to my dorm, my computer is confusing the colors red and blue on one of my games, there is no setting to change this in the actual game, so I'm wondering if it's an issue with my computer itself. It's a Blizzard game, so if anyone has experienced something like...
  9. Blind BIOS

in Windows 10 Support
    Blind BIOS: A brand new Gigabyte laptop (P57W) that cannot display the optical or USB drives making it impossible to restore from disaster. The BIOS is blind and no way to fix it. How can they sell such crap? I just installed a Toshiba $400 dollar laptop, for a friend, and it had no...
  10. How to reduce BRIGHTNESS on the TEXT page

in Windows 10 Support
    How to reduce BRIGHTNESS on the TEXT page: I have problems when the TEXT PAGE is WHITE. The brightness of the screen hurts my eye. (I am blind in one eye) Is there anyway to change the colour of the TEXT PAGE to a moderate BLUE or GREY? Many thanks Ekendra 16163