Windows 10: How to dave default Wordpad w/o Registry changes

Discus and support How to dave default Wordpad w/o Registry changes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've run a search and looked at 7 pages but not found an answer. I'd like to save the default settings for Wordpad w/o having to make a Registry edit.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mustachio, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Mustachio Win User

How to dave default Wordpad w/o Registry changes

I've run a search and looked at 7 pages but not found an answer. I'd like to save the default settings for Wordpad w/o having to make a Registry edit.

I found a possible solution but it doesn't make sense to me. Says to save as a Temp file, then whenever you open Wordpad it will use that file instead of the true default. But I don't know if I can then open Wordpad from the desktop and get my default format, or save files normally.

Would anyone be able to tell me how to accomplish this?

Thank you.

:)

Mustachio, Aug 2, 2019

2. change or set up a format in Wordpad

Hi Wylie,

I suggest you to back the registry and reset the Wordpad settings and check.

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it.

Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/en-us

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Reset Wordpad settings to its default, close Wordpad, and Run regedit to open the Registry Editor and navigate to the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Wordpad

In the left pane, you will see Options. Delete this Options key.

Now when you open Wordpad, you will see it with its default settings

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries on the issue above. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Aug 2, 2019
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Aug 2, 2019
  4. HVWB Win User

Cannot select Wordpad as default for .rtf files

Step 7a1 click "More Apps"

Step 7a2 Scroll down and click "find another app on this PC" if wordpad is not listed

Continue with step7b

HVWB, Aug 2, 2019
Thema:

1. How to dave default Wordpad w/o Registry changes - Similar Threads - dave default Wordpad

2. Update to Windows 11 w/o changing computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update to Windows 11 w/o changing computers: I understand the reason for the faster processor needed for Windows 11 is primarily for gaming but is there any way to still download without the games and just the other items?...
  3. Update to Windows 11 w/o changing computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update to Windows 11 w/o changing computers: I understand the reason for the faster processor needed for Windows 11 is primarily for gaming but is there any way to still download without the games and just the other items?...
  4. How to change the default WordPad font using regedit

How to change the default WordPad font using regedit: WordPad comes with Calibri font size 11 by default. There are many work-arounds available online to change the font, but I would like to see a tutorial with a step-by-step fool-proof regedit procedure with screenshots as Brink does so masterfully. 178513
  5. How do I change default font in wordpad

How do I change default font in wordpad: How do I change default font and size in wordpad... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-default-font-in-wordpad/ddd9cd02-3e14-4bca-ba78-fd2c29ef0b5e
  6. How to Change Default Programs in Registry

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Change Default Programs in Registry: Hi, I'm trying to change the default program for opening .txt files to notepad++ in Windows 10. When I go to the normal Default Programs in "Settings", there is no option for notepad++ and I can't find anything in the store. So I figured that left me with the registry....
  7. Taskbar Font Color Change w/o changing themes

Taskbar Font Color Change w/o changing themes: Hello to the community, I've been trying to setup a theme that resemble as much as possible the Windows Server 2012 default appearance. Through some tweaking on the default Aero theme to make it look like AeroLite, like the minimize/maximize/close buttons with black...
  8. Copy Default User Profile W/O Audit Mode

Copy Default User Profile W/O Audit Mode: Is there a way to copy a profile to the default profile without using the Audit Mode feature when it was built? I know that the Audit Mode should have been use but at this point it to late to do that now. That got to be some app are "hack" way to still copy a profile to the...
  9. Changing default settings for MS Wordpad?

Changing default settings for MS Wordpad?: Is there some way to change the default settings for MS Word in Win10? Specifically, I would the following to be default: Line spacing: 1.00 Add 10 pt space after paragraph (FALSE) Word wrap: Wrap to window 77105
  10. Wordpad default hilight colors - how to change them ?

Wordpad default hilight colors - how to change them ?: Hello, Wordpad has "horrible" default hilight colors (too vivid for my eyes)... And I would like to change them to a set of less vivid colors. The program does not allow to change the default hilight colors, at least in a simple way. Could anyone help me to force...