Windows 10: How to deactivate the login screen after power options/hibernation?

Discus and support How to deactivate the login screen after power options/hibernation? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 (1909) installed and since I don’t use a password on my computer I deactivated the login screen with the netplwiz command. That... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mr-Surname, Dec 22, 2019.

1. How to deactivate the login screen after power options/hibernation?

I have Windows 10 (1909) installed and since I don’t use a password on my computer I deactivated the login screen with the netplwiz command. That worked for restarts but when I reactivate my computer after hibernation, the login screen still appears and I have to click on login. In previous Windows 10 versions it was possible to deactivate it in preferences->power options->login credentials, but now there is no option/drop down menu anymore. Does anyone know how to completely deactivate the login screen?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Mr-Surname
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mr-Surname, Dec 22, 2019

2. Unable to hibernate

I was unable to shutdown or hibernate after the latest build. The computer would keep presenting the login screen. Upon suggestions I disabled "fast startup". This fixed the shutdown problem as my computer now successfully shuts down but when I try to hibernate
    one of two things happened. I am presented the login screen. Or sometimes the computer would shut down altogether.

I am running build 1709. I am also part of Windows Insider Program and am running build 17063.

I have tried most of the solutions mentioned on the forum including:

• "sfc /scannow"
    • Disabling settings in inter power management device driver
    • Tweaking settings in advanced power options
    • Troubleshooting power options
    • Disable "Fast Startup"

KartikeyAgrawal, Dec 22, 2019
  3. i have no hibernate option in win10

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if the issue persists:

• Press Windows key to launch Start screen.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes and click on Troubleshooting.
    • In the new window, click View all on the left pane.
    • In the list of options, click on Power.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Method 2: Reset and restore the power plans to default

I suggest you to reset the power settings and check if it helps. Follow the steps to restore the power settings:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Choose Command prompt (Admin) from the context menu.
    • In the command prompt, type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes and hit
      Enter.
    • Exit command prompt.
    • Check whether you are getting the Hibernate option.
    Note: This would reset the power plan settings to default. Any customized power plans are would be removed.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Dec 22, 2019
  4. How to deactivate the login screen after power options/hibernation?

Windows 10 Hibernate problems

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.
    You can follow the step by step guide to
    enable hibernate option in windows 10

Swapnil Kharche, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

How to deactivate the login screen after power options/hibernation?

1. How to deactivate the login screen after power options/hibernation? - Similar Threads - deactivate login screen

2. Windows10 suddenly deactivated after hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10 suddenly deactivated after hibernation: This will be the second time I am asking this question, as the guy who was helping me has not responded, and I don't know how to reach out to him for more help. I purchased a laptop off of Amazon and have an app that shows my genuine Windows 10 Pro activation key. For some...
  3. Windows10 suddenly deactivated after hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows10 suddenly deactivated after hibernation: This will be the second time I am asking this question, as the guy who was helping me has not responded, and I don't know how to reach out to him for more help. I purchased a laptop off of Amazon and have an app that shows my genuine Windows 10 Pro activation key. For some...
  4. Windows10 suddenly deactivated after hibernation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Windows10 suddenly deactivated after a hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10 suddenly deactivated after a hibernation: I turned on my laptop and all of a sudden, windows 10 is not activated. When I try to open activation settings, the settings application stops responding, but doesnt say so in task manager. What do I do? I did notice windows detected a few viruses in my external hdd called...
  6. Windows10 suddenly deactivated after a hibernation

Windows10 suddenly deactivated after a hibernation: I turned on my laptop and all of a sudden, windows 10 is not activated. When I try to open activation settings, the settings application stops responding, but doesnt say so in task manager. What do I do? I did notice windows detected a few viruses in my external hdd called...
  7. Windows10 suddenly deactivated after a hibernation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Hibernate After & Hybrid Sleep option is missing in power options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernate After & Hybrid Sleep option is missing in power options: Hi, I have recently purchased a new laptop. Dell Inspiron 5420 12th Gen i7. I am having one problem from day one. My laptop automatically hibernates/shuts down when kept in sleep mode for a long time 7-8 hours. Sleep mode works fine if I use it in 1-2 hours. But if I keep...
  9. Hibernate After & Hybrid Sleep option is missing in power options

Hibernate After & Hybrid Sleep option is missing in power options: Hi, I have recently purchased a new laptop. Dell Inspiron 5420 12th Gen i7. I am having one problem from day one. My laptop automatically hibernates/shuts down when kept in sleep mode for a long time 7-8 hours. Sleep mode works fine if I use it in 1-2 hours. But if I keep...
  10. Hibernate power option not showing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate power option not showing: Hi,Certain power options, including hibernate, aren't showing in power options. I've reinstalled my GPU driver GTX 1660 Super but nothing changed. If it helps in answering the question, there's also an unknown device showing in device manager....