Windows 10: How to deal with masses of home movies and pics?

Discus and support How to deal with masses of home movies and pics? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How does everyone efficiently deal with the mass of home movies and pictures? I'm not talking about facespace etc., I mean local backup. I currently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 3DPiper, Mar 25, 2016.

1. 3DPiper Win User

How to deal with masses of home movies and pics?

How does everyone efficiently deal with the mass of home movies and pictures?
    I'm not talking about facespace etc., I mean local backup.
    I currently back everything up to an external hard drive (that is cloned) by year then month.
    Each month folder contains a folder for each of our media devices: 4 cell phones and a camcorder.
    I try to name device folders appropriately if possible( "2007/06_June/Moms_Phone-Bobs_Birthday").
    It is working for me ok, but is there a better way?

:)

3DPiper, Mar 25, 2016

2. How does Licensing work in a domain environment?

Please ask this at
    Technet forums
    which deals with IT issues such as mass deployment of the OS. We are a consumer forums here.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Mar 25, 2016
  3. Mirror computing

This is best answered at our TechNet sister forums for IT Professionals who deal with managing large networks, including automating network mass installs and scripts. Please post at Technet forums

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Mar 25, 2016
Thema:

How to deal with masses of home movies and pics?

1. How to deal with masses of home movies and pics? - Similar Threads - deal masses home

2. Mass appeal

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mass appeal: People are, really, going to appreciate having Search & Cortana separated into 2 distinct & different panels each w/ their own icon Cheers, Drew [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mass-appeal/8aa061ac-8ce3-4351-8c3c-49186a86a7fc
  3. How to send pic to mail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to send pic to mail?: Hi, How to associate a mail prog so that I can send pics easily? EG..I right click on a pic in My Pictures then send to/mail recipient/attach and I get.. no email prog associated to the perform this action, create an association in the default prog control panel Am...
  4. How to Watch Movies Online?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Watch Movies Online?: My default browser is Internet Explorer and using Windows 10 Home Basic. Loading simple sites like google.com are perfectly fine. But when I try to watch movies online from movie streaming sites such as fmovies, movieglide or netflix, it takes ages just to load the...
  5. downloading pics

downloading pics: When I try to download pics from my phone, it's only trying to download 10 from a 100 taken this weekend. How do I get the computer to download all of them?...
  6. How to watch a movie on movie maker?

How to watch a movie on movie maker?: Every time I want to watch a video I made on movie maker or edit it (even if it's already been saved) you only get to see it in windows media player, the other problem is, it doesn't let you watch it. I've looked at everything that can help, (I already know, but also not so...
  7. Gooodbye to EDGE, how do I deal with it?

in Browsers and Email
    Gooodbye to EDGE, how do I deal with it?: *Mad I finally set FireFox back to default. Edge used to work very well, for the first month or so. But now: 1) I can't copy any text or links from an open page and paste it into another page like I can with every other browser I use. 2) Sometimes clicking on...
  8. What's the deal?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What's the deal?: [img] [img] In Nvidia Control Panel I appear to be running drive 353.30, but according to the uninstall list I still have 347.88. So what's the deal? Am I running 353.30 or 347.88? Make up your mind Windows 10! *Confused 8081
  9. Shrink pics

in Windows 10 Support
    Shrink pics: Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh, just found out that there is no right click on a pic and then choose to shrink it in Win 10 like there was in Win 7. 19264
  10. How to deal with lag? Reinstall windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to deal with lag? Reinstall windows 10: I think that this is the best option for anyone here really. You have to do this with all of the other Windows and I really think that this is common sense. I reinstalled my windows 10 at the cost of loosing about 12 programs, but that's no problem really. My windows run...