Windows 10: How to deal with masses of home movies and pics?

Discus and support How to deal with masses of home movies and pics? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How does everyone efficiently deal with the mass of home movies and pictures? I'm not talking about facespace etc., I mean local backup. I currently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 3DPiper, Mar 25, 2016.

1. 3DPiper Win User

How to deal with masses of home movies and pics?

How does everyone efficiently deal with the mass of home movies and pictures?
    I'm not talking about facespace etc., I mean local backup.
    I currently back everything up to an external hard drive (that is cloned) by year then month.
    Each month folder contains a folder for each of our media devices: 4 cell phones and a camcorder.
    I try to name device folders appropriately if possible( "2007/06_June/Moms_Phone-Bobs_Birthday").
    It is working for me ok, but is there a better way?

:)

3DPiper, Mar 25, 2016

2. How does Licensing work in a domain environment?

Please ask this at
    Technet forums
    which deals with IT issues such as mass deployment of the OS. We are a consumer forums here.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Mar 25, 2016
  3. Mirror computing

This is best answered at our TechNet sister forums for IT Professionals who deal with managing large networks, including automating network mass installs and scripts. Please post at Technet forums

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Mar 25, 2016
Thema:

How to deal with masses of home movies and pics?

1. How to deal with masses of home movies and pics? - Similar Threads - deal masses home

2. How to deal with these?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to deal with these?: I had a bad resetting experience after - the following apps doesn't work and unusable:> Wordpad> MS Store> PaintMoreover, opening text and making batch files, as long as creating things from Paint are all impaired activities.There's a error saying:What to do?...
  3. How to deal with these?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to deal with these?: I had a bad resetting experience after - the following apps doesn't work and unusable:> Wordpad> MS Store> PaintMoreover, opening text and making batch files, as long as creating things from Paint are all impaired activities.There's a error saying:What to do?...
  4. How to get Movie Maker to open in the Home tab ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get Movie Maker to open in the Home tab ?: It used to be that Movie Maker would open in the Home tab; that is no longer the case. How can I restore that situation ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-movie-maker-to-open-in-the-home-tab/66443255-c3f0-4d93-b197-79615c2d91cf
  5. How to get Movie Maker to open in the Home tab ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get Movie Maker to open in the Home tab ?: It used to be that Movie Maker would open in the Home tab; that is no longer the case. How can I restore that situation ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-movie-maker-to-open-in-the-home-tab/66443255-c3f0-4d93-b197-79615c2d91cf
  6. How to deal with a Hacker?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to deal with a Hacker?: i recently caught a hacker who had infiltrated my account and had been using my email address causing havoc. i hijacked the account which had somehow been paired to my legitimate account. i have all his computer info and am wondering what to do about it. any suggestions?...
  7. How to deal with this warning?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to deal with this warning?: Never had one of these warnings before as far as I can recall. It awaited me when I arrived at my PC this morning. Could someone advise me how to proceed please.I dont fully understand what a server certificate is, or know the source of the message. I have been using Zoom...
  8. How to deal with error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to deal with error: I’ve been trying for almost a day now to log back into an old microsoft account I made a few years ago and have been having real trouble with it. The account is locked “due to suspicious activity” which I assume is because I’m logging in through my phone. However, the main...
  9. Home movie sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Home movie sound: Since upgrading from windows 7 to 10, my saved iphone movies audio drags behind the movie. So slow the sound is not discernible. The files open with MOV. Opening in media player doe not help. That's what I used to open them with in 7. What must I do to sink the audio to the...
  10. iPhone movies and pics have inconsistent thumbnails with naming issues

in Windows 10 Support
    iPhone movies and pics have inconsistent thumbnails with naming issues: [img] I work on a home built W10 Pro v 10.0.18363 PC. I am having trouble with integrating the wifes iPhone pics and vids with my PC This is a screen shot of two MOV files on the wife's iPhone connected via USB to my W10 Pro PC. These two files copied over to my HDD for...