Windows 10: How to debug windows hardware error

Discus and support How to debug windows hardware error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Of late, my laptop shuts down when entering sleep with increasing frequency. After looking at the security and maintenance logs, I found that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LTFosterCity, Sep 11, 2019.

1. How to debug windows hardware error

Of late, my laptop shuts down when entering sleep with increasing frequency. After looking at the security and maintenance logs, I found that the problem is caused by some "hardware error." For example, this was from yesterday:

How to debug windows hardware error 98d0e9ea-177a-45c9-8688-6b1766cadb28?upload=true.jpg

How to debug windows hardware error a7a1cec9-3890-46b6-afb5-47fd6987ae94?upload=true.jpg

How to debug windows hardware error f13d4161-abf9-4988-9385-a75132590269?upload=true.jpg

Can anyone pls help with debugging these error messages, especially on how to identify which hardware is failing?

Thanks.

:)

LTFosterCity, Sep 11, 2019

2. Debugging error

Hi Andrew,

It is possible that the game is corrupted. This could be also a problem with the game server or with the system settings itself. For us to isolate the main issue, we would like to know if this issue happens on a specific game only. Also, what was the exact
    error message you have received?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps below which will help us resolve your concern:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows Apps.

Check this
    link
    for the app troubleshooter.

Step 2: Check Windows Store for new game updates.

Please see this link for the steps.

Step 3: Reset Windows Store to clear the Store cache.

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin). 
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.

Step 4: Make sure that the Application Identity service is running.

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard, and then type services.msc.
    • Click OK.
    • When the Services window opens, look for Application Identity service and double click it.
    • Look for the Service status section when the Application Identity Properties windows opens.
    • Make sure that the Service status is set to Start.
    • Click Apply, and then click OK to save the changes.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Let us know how it goes after performing the aforementioned solutions. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Acelyn Alc, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Debug Error on Windows10 Starting

I want to debug an error that occurs when Windows10 starts, the error disappears too quick for me to save the error. I searched for ntbtlog.txt; not sure if this log file exists on Windows10, any suggestion ?

JerometheGiraff, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

How to debug windows hardware error

Hardware Error Caused Live Kernel Event

Hi Anthony,

Sometimes even newly-bought hardware can be faulty and affect your computer's performance. Have you checked if this error happens when using a different video adapter?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you use the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter, which is a built-in troubleshooter specifically built to find and fix common hardware issues. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Update & Security.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Hardware & Devices from the list.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

Additionally, this may also be happening due to outdated drivers. Follow the steps in this

article
    to update your drivers, then check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the error disappears after following these steps.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

How to debug windows hardware error

1. How to debug windows hardware error - Similar Threads - debug hardware error

2. BSOD error debugging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error debugging: hey i keep getting bsod while gaming and was wondering if someone could read my dump files for me because im having trouble.Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File...
  3. BSOD error debugging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD error debugging: hey i keep getting bsod while gaming and was wondering if someone could read my dump files for me because im having trouble.Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File...
  4. How to debug potential hardware or driver issue in windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to debug potential hardware or driver issue in windows: May windows machine is sometimes not responding for < 1s, and in this time the fan is spinning at high speed, even if the system is not doing anything and the fan does not do anything hearable before and after.This happens probably about 20 times throughout the day, most...
  5. How to debug potential hardware or driver issue in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to debug potential hardware or driver issue in windows: May windows machine is sometimes not responding for < 1s, and in this time the fan is spinning at high speed, even if the system is not doing anything and the fan does not do anything hearable before and after.This happens probably about 20 times throughout the day, most...
  6. How to debug potential hardware or driver issue in windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How do I debug Windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I debug Windows?: Sometimes my PC does some weird stuff. Specifically, nearly every day I have to kill and restart explorer.exe, as my start bar just stops working after i've done some combination of locking my pc, turning off my screens and then log back in. I work as a Software Engineer,...
  8. JIT Debugging Error Message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    JIT Debugging Error Message: HI Good Day. I just wanted to know how to fix problem im receiving when I run my Facebook App.? Hope you could help me out and hear from you soon. Tnx.. System.Exception: A Facebook Error occured in the facebook.auth.createToken function. The error code returned was...
  9. jit debugging error

in Windows 10 Customization
    jit debugging error: hi so im getting a jit debugging error when I try and run driver4vr on my computer and idk what to do any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jit-debugging-error/fde19b26-43f6-4fb4-a4f3-ff5b5e69fb0a
  10. Debug Error on Windows10 Starting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Debug Error on Windows10 Starting: I want to debug an error that occurs when Windows10 starts, the error disappears too quick for me to save the error. I searched for ntbtlog.txt; not sure if this log file exists on Windows10, any suggestion ? 36141