Windows 10: How to decide the exact size of both external hard drives used as RAID 0 with windows...

Discus and support How to decide the exact size of both external hard drives used as RAID 0 with windows... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Using two USB3 external hard drives used as RAID 0 with windows storages spaces how to determine the exact total size of both for the pool ? for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by William3241, Dec 6, 2022.

1. How to decide the exact size of both external hard drives used as RAID 0 with windows...

Using two USB3 external hard drives used as RAID 0 with windows storages spaces how to determine the exact total size of both for the pool ? for example the drive 8tb reported as 7.8 from properties and 7.6 from partition managerAlso what will happen if I used larger size and write exceed that pool size ? I use Windows 11

:)

William3241, Dec 6, 2022

2. Windows 10 Raid 0

Before my Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Installation, I went into my Motherboard's BIOS and set my two 2TB hard drives in Raid 0 formation. After my Windows 10 Installation, "this computer" sees my "C" drive as only 2TB. Windows 10 should recognize my Raid 0 "C"
    drive capacity as 4TB. Why is windows 10 listing my "C" drive as 2TB? Windows 10 should have spanned the Installation across my two hard drives in RAID 0 formation. Did Windows 10 install only onto one hard drive? How can I correct this Windows Installation
    to span across my two Seagate SSHD hard drives in RAID 0 formation?

Dune 10191, Dec 6, 2022
  3. Fresh Windows 10 install on RAID 0 drives with 64kb cluster size

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to perform a Clean W10 installation on my desktop.

However I'm using a RAID 0 drive structure and wanted to set a Stripe size of 128kb and an Cluster size of 64kb on the primary (SSD) drives.

I've searched a lot about the best way to perform a format with 64kb of cluster size on your primary Windows partition.

The best method I could find was using the DISKPART command in (elevated X: within the Windows 10 troubleshooter).

So I thought it was okay to assume that the RAID config is completely serparted from the partition config, and because of that I thought a format of the partition on my primary drive was never gonna affect my RAID config right?

• So firstly I deleted the previous RAID config (this also removes all partitions), set my bios to default settings and set the SATA boot mode to RAID, also enabled Intel Rapid Storage technology.
    • After that I went to the W10 help and troubleshooting and created a primary partition on the (one and only Disk 0, because the RAID was allready in place, Windows saw this as 1 Disk). "create partition primary"
    • I formatted that partition to have a 64kb cluster size like I wanted. "format fs=ntfs unit=64k"
    • But when I tried to install Windows on it, it kept failing, even though it's the only Disk in the list and I have even loaded the Intel F6 Raid Controller drivers on the Disk, but still got that error that the Disk could not be used to install.

I'm assuming that 2 things could cause my problem.

• Creating and formatting the partition messed up the RAID config.
    • Windows does simply not allow an installation on a non default cluster size like 64kb.

I would like to know what the problem is from a professional.

Thanks in advance!

maximdelaet, Dec 6, 2022
  4. SuhenR Win User

How to decide the exact size of both external hard drives used as RAID 0 with windows...

RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on Windows 10 / RAID 0 does not exist

Hello, I am interested to know if RAID 0 exists or not? I have an external HDD drive which states RAID 0 is possible. However, I am not sure if RAID 0 is possible or not. There are no softwares which promotes RAID 0 creation. I have tried everything
    and I do not believe in RAID 0. Prove me wrong!

SuhenR, Dec 6, 2022
Thema:

How to decide the exact size of both external hard drives used as RAID 0 with windows...

1. How to decide the exact size of both external hard drives used as RAID 0 with windows... - Similar Threads - decide exact size

2. External Hard Drive Defragmentation stuck at 0% Consolidated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Hard Drive Defragmentation stuck at 0% Consolidated: Hi, I have an Acer laptop running windows 10. I have tried multiple times to defragment my external Hard Drive Seagate but every time it gets stuck at 0% consolidated.I have run CHKDSK and I am posting the log below - can you please help?I also have another question, due to a...
  3. How to decide the exact size of both external hard drives used as RAID 0 with windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to decide the exact size of both external hard drives used as RAID 0 with windows...: Using two USB3 external hard drives used as RAID 0 with windows storages spaces how to determine the exact total size of both for the pool ? for example the drive 8tb reported as 7.8 from properties and 7.6 from partition managerAlso what will happen if I used larger size and...
  4. Windows 10 stopped recognizing my secondary raid 0 hard drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 stopped recognizing my secondary raid 0 hard drives: I have 2 x Intel 2tb NVME drives set up in RAID 0 that have been working find for about 6 months. There is about 3.5 tb of data on these drives. Windows 10 File Explorer stopped seeing this drive D: this week. Device manager sees the drives, but I am unable to access the...
  5. RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...

RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...: Hello, I am interested to know if RAID 0 exists or not? I have an external HDD drive which states RAID 0 is possible. However, I am not sure if RAID 0 is possible or not. There are no softwares which promotes RAID 0 creation. I have tried everything and I do not believe in...
  6. Windows Raid 0, how to save?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Raid 0, how to save?: I have a computer I built with a 1TB SSD on the motherboard my windows was loaded on. I have two drives set up as Raid 0 through Windows 10 with important data on them that isn't fully backed up. The SSD appears to have gone bad with my Windows on it, preventing the...
  7. Find exact raw size of hard drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Find exact raw size of hard drive?: Is it possible to see the exact unformatted number of bytes that a hard drive has from Windows 10? It's pretty easy to do this from Linux but in Windows it usually only displays the formatted size not the raw size of the hard drive. submitted by /u/HarryMuscle [link]...
  8. SSDs in RAID 0 marked as Hard disk drive by Windows

SSDs in RAID 0 marked as Hard disk drive by Windows: Dear Community, Today I'm testing a ThinkPad X240 with a dual mSATA to SATA enclosure. Lots of fun. Not unexpected but Windows 10 is of the opinion that my two mSata SSD's are, in reality, hard disks. They are not. We talked about it, it did not help. I tried the...
  9. Raid 0 ssd drive

Raid 0 ssd drive: HI all Hope someone can help me. I have a desktop computer in raid 0 samsung ssd drive My problem I have is deleted pictures. I know that raid 0 ssd does not support trim on my p58 atx motherboard so if I delete a file I should be able to recover it? I deleted a...
  10. Raided hard drive unallocated

Raided hard drive unallocated: Hello ten forums does anyboby here can me how to fix my raided 2 hard drive without losing any data.. i encounter this. when i open my mycomputer i cannot read my hard drive and my raided drive in device manager was this. look at the picture 5%x Anybody here can...