Windows 10: How to decompress C: drive on windows 10 pro

Discus and support How to decompress C: drive on windows 10 pro in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have compressed my C: drive on windows 10 pro without knowing it is not a good idea. Can anyone tell me how to decompress my C: drive because it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SalahuddinSyed, Sep 21, 2020.

1. How to decompress C: drive on windows 10 pro

Hi, I have compressed my C: drive on windows 10 pro without knowing it is not a good idea. Can anyone tell me how to decompress my C: drive because it is causing problems?

:)

SalahuddinSyed, Sep 21, 2020
  2. winkawak Win User

Need help with decompressing c drive

steps to decompress c drive using command prompt
    -run cmd as admin
    -type cd\
    -type compact /s /u /i

incase anyone wondering
    -s for all sub directories
    -u for uncompress
    -i for ignoring errors and files that denies access to proceed anyway

Always backup incase sh!t hits the fan

winkawak, Sep 21, 2020
  3. softmate Win User
    decompress of c: drive fails time after time (decomprimeren van c: drive lukt niet)

In order to upgrade Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, it was necessary to compress the c: drive, which is a SSD. After a succesful upgrade, I want to decompress the c: drive. The current compressed situation is that 10,1 Gb is in use of the available 28,4 Gb.

First step was to uncheck the checkbox in the properties dialog "compress this drive to save diskspace" of the c: drive. This action was completed succesfully but the checkbox remains checked.

Also using the command prompt in save mode, using the command: "compact /u /i /s *.*" works fine but the ultimate effect was that the checkbox remains checked.

But it was remarkable that there were so many errors with: Access denied.

So, the ultimate question is: how to uncompress/decompress my SSD?

softmate, Sep 21, 2020
  4. winkawak Win User

How to decompress C: drive on windows 10 pro

Need help with decompressing c drive

I was running disk cleaner on w10 and checked compress your os drive accidently. I tried decompress through c drive property option but everytime when trying to decompress i get error saying c:/swapfiles.sys is being used by another process. Ive tried restarting pc but same thing.

How can i fix this? is there also a way of doing it with command prompt? I can go into c drive and right click property and manually decompress them but i dont think this method is efficient or gets all the folders including hidden ones.

winkawak, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

How to decompress C: drive on windows 10 pro

1. How to decompress C: drive on windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - decompress drive pro

2. How to find the C: drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to find the C: drive in Windows 10: I have scarcely used the C: prompt in ages. How do I access it within the Windows 10 system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-the-c-drive-in-windows-10/a18417cb-6150-47bc-b971-d8b2d55ab64e
  3. How to find the C: drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find the C: drive in Windows 10: I have scarcely used the C: prompt in ages. How do I access it within the Windows 10 system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-the-c-drive-in-windows-10/a18417cb-6150-47bc-b971-d8b2d55ab64e
  4. How to Decompress all files on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Decompress all files on Windows 10: Compression, for the most part, is good for your system as it compresses big files into a small packet that ends up consuming less space on Hard Drive. However, you may want to decompress some files if a folder is compressed without your consent. In this article, we are going...
  5. Setup Resource Decompression Failure on Windows Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Setup Resource Decompression Failure on Windows Pro: Greetings, I am trying to install some programs on my Windows 10 Laptop and each time I get this Setup Failure. The only way to successfully install is to login using the Hidden Administrator. Thus, I believe the issue is related to a security permissions problem. As...
  6. Can't exit drive properties after a decompression

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't exit drive properties after a decompression: I was trying to decompress a family member's drive, and when i noticed the decompression window was gone, i could not exit drive properties by pressing ok. This is not the biggest problem, as i am not even sure that everything on that drive had been decompressed, as when i...
  7. how to extend C drive Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to extend C drive Windows 10: how can i extend my C drive with windows 10 on it? I don't understand why there is so much un-[ATTACH]allocated space on the HD? i attached a screenshot hope it helps. Thank You...
  8. Need help with decompressing c drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with decompressing c drive: I was running disk cleaner on w10 and checked compress your os drive accidently. I tried decompress through c drive property option but everytime when trying to decompress i get error saying c:/swapfiles.sys is being used by another process. Ive tried restarting pc but same...
  9. How to Decompress Windows Files

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Decompress Windows Files: A few days ago two of my program shortcuts (Roblox Player and Roblox Studio) suddenly had the compression sign on the top right corner. I tried to decompress them through properties and then reset my pc, and it seems to have worked, but the icon is still there. The only...
  10. How to take a backup of C Drive (Operating System) in Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to take a backup of C Drive (Operating System) in Windows 10 Pro?: Please help me in taking a backup of my Operating System of Windows 10 Pro. I would like to take a backup of only Operating System and nothing else, so that it takes a very small space of my Partition. I want this to recover from a state where my Desktop PC would not boot or...