Windows 10: How to Decompress Windows Files

Discus and support How to Decompress Windows Files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A few days ago two of my program shortcuts (Roblox Player and Roblox Studio) suddenly had the compression sign on the top right corner. I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TotallyWafflez, Jan 10, 2019.

1. How to Decompress Windows Files

A few days ago two of my program shortcuts (Roblox Player and Roblox Studio) suddenly had the compression sign on the top right corner. I tried to decompress them through properties and then reset my pc, and it seems to have worked, but the icon is still there. The only reason I'm want it decompressed is for visual reasons, so this is quite anoying for me. Another thing I found is that all of my other shortcuts are compressed as well (some of these include discord and dropbox), but the icon doesn't show. If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated How to Decompress Windows Files :)

:)

TotallyWafflez, Jan 10, 2019

2. Epson ET2500 won't install re Failed to Decompress the Archive

Hi Karen,

Since the error message is referring to "Failed to Decompress the Archive", it maybe referring to the winzip file that you have downloaded. That said,
    we suggest that you run the winzip file as administrator and see if it'll make a difference.
    Right-click on the file, and choose Run as Administrator. We also suggest that you provide us a screenshot of the error message and the winzip file that you've downloaded. It's for us to identify as well what could be the next step/s that we
    can do.

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Tropico 3 Decompress Config

The config.lua files in the main directory of Tropico 3 has a bunch of goodie settings that are uneditable due to compression. Using this application, you can see what is in there and change it as you see fit.

How to Decompress Windows Files decompress_config.png

Note: The config.lua file does not have to be compressed for Tropico 3 to read it. In fact, you don't even have to decompress it to modify it. Just clear the file out and put whatever commands you need in there, one per line.

Basic Usage:
    Simply select the config.lua (if it didn't find it for you automatically), click on "Open with Notepad," and modify to your fancy. Save changes in Notepad and close Decompress Config. Start Tropico 3 and the changes should take immediate effect.

Enable Windowed Mode:
    Spoiler To enable windowed mode:
    1) Download Decompress Config.
    2) Extract Decompress Config somewhere you can find it.
    3) Run Decompress Config.
    4) If the Location isn't showing the full path to config.lua, click the ... button and browse for the location. It will be the same location as Tropico3.exe.
    5) Click on Open with Notepad. Notepad should open up with a bunch of lines starting with config.
    6) Find the line that says config.IsFullscreen = 1 and change that 1 to a 0 (that's zero, not "O").
    7) Change the resolution from inside the game settings.
    Command List:
    Virtually all are untested--use at your own peril. I bolded the commands that are the most useful:
    Spoiler CommandDescriptionconfig.Alignconfig.AssertMessageconfig.AsyncHandlesconfig.AutoOptions config.ColorBits32 is defaultconfig.CrashURLconfig.CursorClippingconfig.DepthBits24 is defaultconfig.Developerconfig.FmodMemory10485760 is defaultconfig.FrequencyUntested. Change the vertical refresh rate in hertz.config.HandlePoolSizeconfig.HeightAppears not to work.config.IsFullscreen1 for fullscreen, 0 for windowed.config.LuaErrorMessageconfig.MainMenu1 is defaultconfig.MapSlotReserveSize12 is defaultconfig.MaxGameObjectCount200000 is defaultconfig.MaxGameObjectExCount10000 is defaultconfig.MaxGameRenderObjCount20000 is defaultconfig.MaxVramMbconfig.MeshIndexBufferChunkSizeKb512 is defaultconfig.MeshVertexBufferChunkSizeKb1280 is defaultconfig.NoPassabilityconfig.NoTerrainTypesconfig.OutputDebugStringconfig.Profilerconfig.RefRast0 is defaultconfig.RunUnfocused0 is defaultconfig.ShaderStatsTargetconfig.SoundListenerMinUpdatePeriod50 is defaultconfig.UseDXCursorconfig.VSync0 is defaultconfig.Vibrationconfig.WidthAppears not to work.config.WriteToRegistry1 is defaultconfig.XInput0 is defaulthr.UpdateLights
    Default config.lua (uncompressed):
    Spoiler config.RunUnfocused = 0

config.WriteToRegistry = 1
    config.AutoOptions = 1
    config.IsFullscreen = 1
    config.ColorBits = 32
    config.DepthBits = 24
    config.VSync = 0
    config.RefRast = 0
    config.MeshVertexBufferChunkSizeKb = 1280
    config.MeshIndexBufferChunkSizeKb = 512
    config.MapSlotReserveSize = 12

config.SoundListenerMinUpdatePeriod = 50
    config.FmodMemory = 10485760

config.XInput = 0

config.MaxGameObjectCount = 200000
    config.MaxGameObjectExCount = 10000
    config.MaxGameRenderObjCount = 20000

config.MainMenu = 1

hr.UpdateLights = 0

FordGT90Concept, Jan 10, 2019
  4. zeedo Win User

How to Decompress Windows Files

Tropico 3 Decompress Config

so as far it worked for Imperium Romanum. I think it did because there was only .ini file to decompress and change.

The other games I mentioned apart from .ini have also .dat files and it seems that if I decompress and change these ones it doesn't work. I don't know how to find other softwares to deal with these two games. *Frown How to Decompress Windows Files :(

zeedo, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

How to Decompress Windows Files

1. How to Decompress Windows Files - Similar Threads - Decompress Files

2. NBA 2K15 "Decompression failed with error code -11" Please help.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NBA 2K15 "Decompression failed with error code -11" Please help.: It keeps stopping halfway to the installation, i watched multiple videos about this error. i tried restarting on safemode but didn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nba-2k15-decompression-failed-with-error-code-11/4bef2518-78be-4fcc-a730-0ff70f518a98
  3. NBA 2K15 "Decompression failed with error code -11" Please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NBA 2K15 "Decompression failed with error code -11" Please help.: It keeps stopping halfway to the installation, i watched multiple videos about this error. i tried restarting on safemode but didn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nba-2k15-decompression-failed-with-error-code-11/4bef2518-78be-4fcc-a730-0ff70f518a98
  4. NBA 2K15 "Decompression failed with error code -11" Please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Support to LZMA zip file decompression and viewing

Support to LZMA zip file decompression and viewing: Currently Windows 10 and 11 do not support the viewing of zip files using LZMA compression method.It's not convenient for users to share documents over the networks. Sometimes the files compressed might contain important information, such as a graded assignment. The files...
  6. Failed to decompress the archive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Failed to decompress the archive: I am trying to install a Epson ET2710 printer , my printer shows it is connected to the Internet but my PC with Windows 10 keeps giving me the error message Failed to decompress the archive. I have loaded Winzip and ran it through the administrator but still the same message...
  7. Error Decompressing Data! Corrupt Installer? CD/DVD game installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error Decompressing Data! Corrupt Installer? CD/DVD game installation: Hi,I've been having problems with a CD/DVD installation. Every time I get to the same part of the installation it says "Error Decompressing Data! Corrupt Installer?". The CD/DVD consists of 5 games, 4 have installed successfully but the 5th keeps stopping the setup...
  8. How to Decompress all files on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Decompress all files on Windows 10: Compression, for the most part, is good for your system as it compresses big files into a small packet that ends up consuming less space on Hard Drive. However, you may want to decompress some files if a folder is compressed without your consent. In this article, we are going...
  9. "Setup decompression failure" when trying to install a program - Win 10 2021

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Setup decompression failure" when trying to install a program - Win 10 2021: Hello there, I have an exe file to install, and it gives me a "setup decompression failure" in the InstallAware wizard when I try to run it. I have searched for solutions everywhere including here, every solution given I've tried, including: - running the exe as...
  10. one jpg file appears to contain multiple ones inside; can i decompress a jpg and generate...

one jpg file appears to contain multiple ones inside; can i decompress a jpg and generate...: I transfered files from my phone's SD card (Samsung J7 Prime) to my computer desk and suddently I got a message that said my C: disk was full, so when I checked the folders I realized all the files inside (photos and videos) had the same size depending on the folder they were...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. failed to decompress the archive

2. ho to decompress windows files