Windows 10: How to DEcrease (!) font size and line height in File Explorer?

Discus and support How to DEcrease (!) font size and line height in File Explorer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I would like to decrease (!) the font size, line height and eventually the font family of the font used in File Explorer of Win10. When I search for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pstein, Sep 14, 2019.

1. pstein Win User

How to DEcrease (!) font size and line height in File Explorer?

I would like to decrease (!) the font size, line height and eventually the font family of the font used in File Explorer of Win10.

When I search for "Font change file explorer" in google then users are always directed to

Settings--->Ease of Access--->Display --->Make text bigger

But I don't want a bigger but a smaller text. The slider is already at the left side.

So how else can I make the font size smaller?

By registry hack?

More important is the line height of all files listed "details" view of File explorer.
    The spacing between two lines is gigantic. I would like to have 1 or 2 pixel between them to see more file lines to see more files without scrolling.

How can I achieve this?

Thank you
    Peter

:)

pstein, Sep 14, 2019
  2. erinxwong Win User

Change the font height / distance between lines

Hi I'm encountering a problem wherein I change the font size, but the distance between the lines stays the same. For instance, I've changed the font size to only 5, but the height of the font stays at a 12, so everything looks double-spaced.

I've tried all the options under the Format > Font tab, and everything under Format > Paragraph set at Spacing before and after at zero, with single line spaces.

Let me know if there's a simple fix for this. Thank you!

erinxwong, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Decreasing font size in Internet Explorer address box (Windows 10)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to Internet Explorer?
    I would suggest you to try the steps as below and check.

Step 1:

Press Windows key + X and click Control Panel

Click Fonts and then click Font Settings, click
    Restore default font settings and click OK

Step 2:

Press Windows key + X and click Control Panel

Click Fonts and then click Change font size

Under Change only text size, select an option from drop-down menu and select the text size, click
    Apply

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Mtappan Win User

Decreasing font size in Internet Explorer address box (Windows 10)

When setting up a new Dell PC tower, I mistakenly decreased the size of the font in the address box for Internet explorer. I now have Windows 10. And I am unfamiliar with it. The font is
    not decreased in the body of the email. But the box in which you write web addresses has a font of about 2. How do I increase the size of the font in the address box? Thanks.

Mtappan, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

1. How to DEcrease (!) font size and line height in File Explorer? - Similar Threads - DEcrease font size

2. How to change font height in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change font height in windows explorer: Hi all,I would like to know if it's possible to change the font height of the file and folder names in Windows Explorer, and if so, how to do it. Google doesn't seem to understand what I'm talking about.Graham...
  3. How to change font height in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change font height in windows explorer: Hi all,I would like to know if it's possible to change the font height of the file and folder names in Windows Explorer, and if so, how to do it. Google doesn't seem to understand what I'm talking about.Graham...
  4. How to change file explorer navigation pane item size or height?

How to change file explorer navigation pane item size or height?: I realize my navigation pane item is a bit smaller. I have already tried the compact view setting but this is already the largest size I could get. It would be so much better if I can make it bigger. Below is my screenshot and comparison picture I found online.This is my file...
  5. Font size in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font size in File Explorer: I find the font size too small in File Explorer in Win 11, but when I try to increase the font size, it does not seem to effect the font size in File Explorer. Has that ability been dropped in Windows 11?I think I was able to increase it in Win 10. If some one has found a way...
  6. Font size in File Explorer

Font size in File Explorer: I find the font size too small in File Explorer in Win 11, but when I try to increase the font size, it does not seem to effect the font size in File Explorer. Has that ability been dropped in Windows 11?I think I was able to increase it in Win 10. If some one has found a way...
  7. How to decrease the smallest height of taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to decrease the smallest height of taskbar?: I use my taskbar on my left side of the notebook (it is a surface device) because it eats up less space while drawing or writing. The thing is that even if I am using the "small icons" option, the taskbar is still a little bit too large. So I'm asking: is there a way to...
  8. Font size in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Font size in File Explorer: How can I increase the font size in File Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-size-in-file-explorer/ea1def19-1e9e-406e-bb9e-61defda02b64"
  9. Change the font height / distance between lines

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the font height / distance between lines: Hi I'm encountering a problem wherein I change the font size, but the distance between the lines stays the same. For instance, I've changed the font size to only 5, but the height of the font stays at a 12, so everything looks double-spaced. I've tried all the options under...
  10. Decreasing font size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Decreasing font size: How do I decrease the font size on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/decreasing-font-size/1fafafc5-cd47-4a13-8714-b92277ed8e9d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows explorer line height