Windows 10: How to decrypt my data which was encrypted via a bit locker on my old laptop?

Discus and support How to decrypt my data which was encrypted via a bit locker on my old laptop? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft community, For the last five years, I was using the bit locker on Windows 10 to secure one of my laptop’s partition. I almost save... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MushfaYousuf, Jan 18, 2021.

1. How to decrypt my data which was encrypted via a bit locker on my old laptop?

Dear Microsoft community,

For the last five years, I was using the bit locker on Windows 10 to secure one of my laptop’s partition. I almost save everything i.e., pdf and .docx files, .jpeg image, .m codes, etc. in that partition to ensure data security. Last year, I decided to change my laptop. I first copied the data after unlocking the partition on an external hard drive and subsequently sold my old laptop after formatting the laptop’s hard disk. I did not access the data which I had copied on an external hard disk for a year. Recently, I required some old documents and tried to access data on the external hard disk. It comes to my knowledge that everything I have copied is still encrypted, and neither can I access anything nor copy it from an external hard disk. The information is encrypted with the certificate, apparently from my old laptop please see the attached figures below. Please guide me on how I can decrypt my data as it contains a lot of important stuff.

P.S. I have tried almost every possible available method on Google. Most importantly, I have no access to my old laptop to get that certificate first export and then import to a new laptop.

Thank you

:)

MushfaYousuf, Jan 18, 2021

2. Bit Locker Decryption Stuck

BitLocker Decryption Problem: Bit Locker is stuck on decryption at 97.7%. Have tried on several laptops and via different ports. Need assistance to address this. It has been like this for several days now (almost a week).

Sajjad Hussain 89, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Bit locker Encryption

Hello Fiends,

Actually my problem is that i have previously installed windows 7 ultimate(32 bit) in my desktop and to protect my data,
    encrypted the "D drive" using bit locker, then after few months, i installed
    windows 10 pro(64 bit) in my desktop without disabling the bit locker, after installation i was able to access my locked drive with same password.

Till here everything was fine, but after some days my Desktop started to lag then again i switched to
    windows 7 ultimate(64 bit).

But Now i'm not able to access my encrypted drive which was locked by bit locker with same password.

While i'm trying to unlock the encrypted drive i'm getting the massage as
    "Unable to Complete the requested operation because of either a catastrophic media failure
    or a data structure corruption on the disk".

Pls Help.

Thanks.

chandanmaurya, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Harsh_836 Win User

How to decrypt my data which was encrypted via a bit locker on my old laptop?

Bit Locker Encryption stuck

Hello friends,

I am having this weird bitlocker encryption problem that is annoying me from sometime. looking for a solution...

I am using a HP laptop with seagate 750 gb internal hardisk. It has 2 partions one i use for OS installation (60 GB) another for storing data (636 GB) since my laptop is old & doesnt have TPM i usually encrypt my D: only that is where i am storing all my
    data. recently i had to format my harddisk due to some data issue. after format & reistallation when i m trying to encrypt my D: it gets stuck on 93% & hangs my PC. nothing is working even after (12 hrs) when i try force restrart (Power Button) the system
    boots up well & works well too but when i unlock D: the system hangs again & bit locker start encrypting D: again at 93% if kept that for some time i have a BOD this keeps on repeating again & again on every restart. initially i thought it might be due to
    bad drivers/ bad sectors so i formated my drive again & checked for bad sectors & updated all the drivers through device manager.. but to my bad luck it keeps on repeating again. In my last attempt i was manage to somehow stop the encrypting process & start
    decryption of the drive which finished well. my drive is unprotected now & i really want to encrypt it but afraid to do so as i still dont know what is causing this & how to prevent it.

Friends please suggest

Harsh_836, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

How to decrypt my data which was encrypted via a bit locker on my old laptop?

1. How to decrypt my data which was encrypted via a bit locker on my old laptop? - Similar Threads - decrypt data was

2. my laptop virus attack and my all data encrypted how to decrypted data

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my laptop virus attack and my all data encrypted how to decrypted data: ATTENTION! Don't worry, you can return all your files! All your files like pictures, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key. The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you. This...
  3. my laptop virus attack and my all data encrypted how to decrypted data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop virus attack and my all data encrypted how to decrypted data: ATTENTION! Don't worry, you can return all your files! All your files like pictures, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key. The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you. This...
  4. my laptop virus attack and my all data encrypted how to decrypted data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. bit locker & data encryption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bit locker & data encryption: Hello, have a good time. I encountered a problem with data encryption. I used to have access to Bit Locker and I had encrypted one of my drives with Bit Locker, but after I deleted all the junk files with the software, Bit Locker was no longer active and I could not access...
  6. bit locker & data encryption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bit locker & data encryption: Hello, have a good time. I encountered a problem with data encryption. I used to have access to Bit Locker and I had encrypted one of my drives with Bit Locker, but after I deleted all the junk files with the software, Bit Locker was no longer active and I could not access...
  7. Bit locker decryption issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bit locker decryption issue: Hi, i am unable to turn off bitlocker as i forgot Administrator login credentials, Now I'm stucked can't access my files and can't reset PC,is there any way to turn bit locker off without admin privileges, pls suggest...
  8. Bit Locker Encryption

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bit Locker Encryption: We have an HP ProDesk 400 G6 SSF workstation, we were having issues with the workstation and had the motherboard replaced. After the motherboard was replaced, the workstation wouldn't boot past a bit locker encryption key screen. We tried doing a factory reset, a format of...
  9. Bit Locker encryption resulting in a loss of data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bit Locker encryption resulting in a loss of data: Dear Community, I have used for the 1st time bit locker to encrypt a usb stick. The process seemed to work well and until the end it took more than 15 minutes. Then I try to open my usb stick and I receive an error message saying that I have to format the usb stick....
  10. Bit Locker Decryption Stuck

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bit Locker Decryption Stuck: BitLocker Decryption Problem: Bit Locker is stuck on decryption at 97.7%. Have tried on several laptops and via different ports. Need assistance to address this. It has been like this for several days now almost a week....