Windows 10: how to default my gmail accounts to open with the basic view

Discus and support how to default my gmail accounts to open with the basic view in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I make my google gmail accounts default open in the basic view?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by john_norton, Oct 12, 2021.

1. how to default my gmail accounts to open with the basic view

How do I make my google gmail accounts default open in the basic view?

:)

john_norton, Oct 12, 2021

2. Gmail leaves your account open to spammers

A new flaw has been exposed in Google’s Gmail service which could allow hackers to get hold of your contacts. When you log into your Gmail (Googlemail in some countries) account, Google will put your details into a JavaScript file. Because of this, if you browse other websites whilst logged into your account, any of them could potentially declare the function “google” and be able to get hold of all of your contacts. The only two ways to ensure your privacy is safe are to disable JavaScript in all websites except those you trust or to not browse other sites whilst logged into any Google service. Admittedly Gmail is still only a beta, but a fault like this could be quite serious.

Update: Disabling JavaScript did not solve this problem, however it appears that Google has now fixed this issue and your contacts list should be safe.

Source: Engadget

Jimmy 2004, Oct 12, 2021
  3. PACALA_BA Win User
    ?...Missing attachment on Gmail account on Phone

Hi

• Are the attachments still missing when viewing your Outlook account on Lumia 550?
    • YES , missing on OUTLOOK:COM and GMAIL
    • I see they ONLY after self forwarding
    • Are the attachments show up online at Outlook.com?
    • YES, i see they online
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • I am Phone.store up to date
    • On the feedback they are MANY THREADS
    I have on the pc full access to OUTLOOK.COM via visual basic...., but no acccess on the phone...then i can do nothing

With app SECURE GMAIL...i see gmail attachments....

PACALA_BA, Oct 12, 2021
  4. Munki Win User

how to default my gmail accounts to open with the basic view

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Oct 12, 2021
Thema:

how to default my gmail accounts to open with the basic view

1. how to default my gmail accounts to open with the basic view - Similar Threads - default gmail accounts

2. can not open gmail and aol accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can not open gmail and aol accounts: I don't know how to bring gmail and aol over to windows. msg is give accounts permission to update on windows. Thank you kindly, KK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-open-gmail-and-aol-accounts/dafbebf0-b90f-4103-80ff-9d1b5667f566
  3. can not open gmail and aol accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can not open gmail and aol accounts: I don't know how to bring gmail and aol over to windows. msg is give accounts permission to update on windows. Thank you kindly, KK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-open-gmail-and-aol-accounts/dafbebf0-b90f-4103-80ff-9d1b5667f566
  4. how to default my gmail accounts to open with the basic view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to default my gmail accounts to open with the basic view: How do I make my google gmail accounts default open in the basic view? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-default-my-gmail-accounts-to-open-with-the/643bcb6c-058e-4d60-92a8-a2e915a312ee
  5. how to default my gmail accounts to open with the basic view

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to default my gmail accounts to open with the basic view: How do I make my google gmail accounts default open in the basic view? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-default-my-gmail-accounts-to-open-with-the/643bcb6c-058e-4d60-92a8-a2e915a312ee
  6. viewing gmail on a surface

in Windows 10 Customization
    viewing gmail on a surface: How do I adjust the screen in order to view the entire gmail message. I currently have to scroll over to see the entire message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/viewing-gmail-on-a-surface/027b74b8-ab71-4a4d-ba32-7773642b825d
  7. GMail account

in Windows 10 Customization
    GMail account: I can't access my gmail account from my laptop. Message reads Your account settings are out of date in Mail or Calendar for Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account/04ce0415-33c6-4669-a4ec-da919a1a3573
  8. Making Gmail my default email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Making Gmail my default email: Hope someone can help me please. I want to make Gmail my default email, but when I go to change it, the only options are Google Chrome and Mail. By choosing Google Chrome - it still does not make Gmail, my default mail. I want to be able to right click on a picture on my...
  9. Default View

in Windows 10 Support
    Default View: W10, Office 2016. Although I close my docs and folders in 'Large icons', they often open in List view, which I never want; I almost always want Large icon view. I have been down the recommended File Explorer/any folder////apply to folders etc. route, but this hasn't changed...
  10. How to customize default search view ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to customize default search view ?: Hi everyone, So I already know how to customize de default view in the explorer for General Items, Documents, Pictures, Music, or Videos folders, but how to do the same for the search results ? Basically, if you customize the view for any search on the folder c:\toto,...