Windows 10: How to define [Device] - [BitLocker recovery key] pair

Discus and support How to define [Device] - [BitLocker recovery key] pair in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I want to delete not-associated-with-any-pc BitLocker recovery key. Device name in 'About' and that shown on the listing page for BitLocker recovery... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Leaner_, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Leaner_ Win User

How to define [Device] - [BitLocker recovery key] pair

I want to delete not-associated-with-any-pc BitLocker recovery key. Device name in 'About' and that shown on the listing page for BitLocker recovery key seems to be different. Windows installed date in 'About' and registered date for BitLocker seems to be different, too. As my desktop devices experienced reinstall at problem before, it is uncertain which device listed are actually in use. Thank you very much.

:)

Leaner_, Apr 23, 2019

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 23, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Apr 23, 2019
  4. How to define [Device] - [BitLocker recovery key] pair

BitLocker recovery key

Hi Dan,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue related to Bitlocker.

Just to confirm, are you being asked for a Bitlocker recovery key from the lock screen after booting PC? If not, where are you exactly being asked for a Bitlocker recovery key?

Also, are you the only person that has an account on your device? Have you already done any troubleshooting steps to try to resolve the issue? If yes, what are these troubleshooting steps?

We'll be waiting for your confirmation.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

How to define [Device] - [BitLocker recovery key] pair

1. How to define [Device] - [BitLocker recovery key] pair - Similar Threads - define Device BitLocker

2. How to find bitlocker recovery key with recovery key ID

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find bitlocker recovery key with recovery key ID: I have an LG gram laptop. For some reason today it opened to the bitlocker screen. I do not have any recollection of setting up bitlocker, nor do I have a key saved in my Microsoft account. The page is displaying a “recovery key ID” that it says can help identify my key, but...
  3. How to find bitlocker recovery key with recovery key ID

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find bitlocker recovery key with recovery key ID: I have an LG gram laptop. For some reason today it opened to the bitlocker screen. I do not have any recollection of setting up bitlocker, nor do I have a key saved in my Microsoft account. The page is displaying a “recovery key ID” that it says can help identify my key, but...
  4. Bitlocker recovery key is not working on my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key is not working on my device: Hi,I have bought an Asus Laptop in March of 2022 and it worked great for 6 months. All of sudden the machine has restarted and asking for Bitlocker recovery Key. I was able to loginto my MS Account and able to access my Windows OS Bitlocker key but still I was unable to...
  5. Bitlocker recovery key is not working on my device

Bitlocker recovery key is not working on my device: Hi,I have bought an Asus Laptop in March of 2022 and it worked great for 6 months. All of sudden the machine has restarted and asking for Bitlocker recovery Key. I was able to loginto my MS Account and able to access my Windows OS Bitlocker key but still I was unable to...
  6. No BitLocker recovery key for a device in AAD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No BitLocker recovery key for a device in AAD: Hi there,After latest installation of windows update, I was prompted to key in BitLocker password to unlock to harddisk/ get into Windows 10 for my laptop Dell Vostro .Since I have been using my university email for office 365, outlook etc., I tried to go for...
  7. BitLocker recovery - I do not know the recovery key for the device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BitLocker recovery - I do not know the recovery key for the device: Hi all,My laptop HP Spectre when I log in asks me to 'Enter the Recovery Key for this drive'. Well I do not know what this is and it says to find the key you need to visit:aka.ms/aadrecoverykeyand/oraka.ms/recoverykeyfaqI went to these websites and could not find the keyDoes...
  8. BitLocker recovery - I do not know the recovery key for the device

BitLocker recovery - I do not know the recovery key for the device: Hi all,My laptop HP Spectre when I log in asks me to 'Enter the Recovery Key for this drive'. Well I do not know what this is and it says to find the key you need to visit:aka.ms/aadrecoverykeyand/oraka.ms/recoverykeyfaqI went to these websites and could not find the keyDoes...
  9. Bitlocker Recovery Key for Wrong Device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker Recovery Key for Wrong Device: Hi, I recently got my computer repaired and when I got it back it's been asking for my bitlocker recovery key. I went to support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/4530477/windows-10-finding-your-bitlocker-recovery-key and followed the instructions, but the only recovery key...
  10. how to recovery bitlocker key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to recovery bitlocker key: I can not recovery my bitlocker key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recovery-bitlocker-key/8d66a458-2539-481e-a183-ce80ed1a5696