Windows 10: How to defrag my hard drive in windows 10?

Discus and support How to defrag my hard drive in windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How to defragment my hard drive in windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KarinaInojosa, Feb 20, 2020.

1. How to defrag my hard drive in windows 10?

How to defragment my hard drive in windows 10?

:)

KarinaInojosa, Feb 20, 2020

2. Windows Defrag

When running defrag, there is a drive listing for Windows RE Tools. It shows as a solid state drive and that it has never been defragged. It will not optimize. Clicking on it does nothing. Any suggestions?

Donald Eager, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Hard Drive Defragmenting

What is the best program for Hard Drive defragmenting?

Polaris573, Feb 20, 2020
  4. JonGrimes Win User

How to defrag my hard drive in windows 10?

External SATA3 SSD to USB (512GB Crucial MX100 SSD) showing up as a Hard drive in Windows 10 Defragment and optimize drives?

Hi Anup,

Thanks for your suggestions. I ran the Hardware and Devices trouble shooter and it did find a problem with my

Bluetooth adapter (despite the fact that I've never used it and have no Bluetooth devices). I reinstalled and/or

fixed all three ASUS G751JY notebook Windows 10 drivers successfully. However, the external 512GB Crucial MX100

SATA3 to USB3.0 SSD remains listed as hard disc drive on Windows 10 Defragment and Optimize drives feature.

I also tried your second suggestion and ran the DISM using Command Prompt (Admin.).

It returned a Windows 10 latest build 100% system image health. The external 512GB Crucial MX100 SATA3 to USB3.0

SSD still comes up as a hard disc drive in Defragment and Optimize drives Windows 10, Control Panel feature.

JonGrimes, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

How to defrag my hard drive in windows 10?

1. How to defrag my hard drive in windows 10? - Similar Threads - defrag hard drive

2. How to defragment Hard Drive using Batch file in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to defragment Hard Drive using Batch file in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Windows 11 or Windows 10 ships with a Defragmentation tool. This tool is basic and does not offer features that you may need – an example of such a feature is, defragging multiple drives at once. In this post, we will show you how to defragment Hard Drive(s) using...
  3. Why is Defrag Trying to Trim a Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why is Defrag Trying to Trim a Hard Drive: I keep getting the error below that the hard drives in my desktop PC cannot be trimmed. The disks are recognised as hard drives and are being defragged on schedule. What's going on and is there a way of resetting defrag to stop this behaviour? 178416
  4. Hard Drive Defrag . . .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard Drive Defrag . . .: My computer is, a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10 Pro . . . I want, to clean up, my hard drive. I think, it's known as "Defrag"? I'm not, sure why? But, my computer is running very, slowly. I hope, after cleaning up my, hard drive. It, will run faster? I typed into, my...
  5. Defraging a remote hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Defraging a remote hard drive: After optimizing the remote hard drive, I get a prompt saying that it "needs optimization 17% fragmented." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defraging-a-remote-hard-drive/3edac645-c25a-467f-aee6-dd82d3dc7f4d
  6. how can defrag hard drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how can defrag hard drive?: need help I don't know how it's done in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-defrag-hard-drive/3c6ada84-f066-404b-a7be-0463d568e606
  7. How do I defragment my hard drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I defragment my hard drive?: How do I defragment my hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-defragment-my-hard-drive/b51b7743-4b63-4ec4-b091-e395062e3018
  8. want to Defragment my Hard Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    want to Defragment my Hard Drive: want to Defragment my Hard Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-defragment-my-hard-drive/9edb1c7c-1092-4789-84b2-8a1c526cbfcd
  9. How often should I defragment my hard drive?

How often should I defragment my hard drive?: I hear that defragmenting shortens the life span of a hard drive. Is this true? Also, how often should I defrag? Windows has schedules for weekly and monthly optimizations, which is better? Or should I just manually perform it whenever defragmentation reaches a certain...
  10. Do I need to defrag my Hard Drive?

Do I need to defrag my Hard Drive?: I have this SSD hard drive: Samsung SSD 650 Series 2.5" SATA 120GB | for Business Do I need to defrag it? If so, what do I use to defrag it and how often? 27676