Windows 10: How to defragment Hard Drive using Batch file in Windows 11/10

Discus and support How to defragment Hard Drive using Batch file in Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Windows 11 or Windows 10 ships with a Defragmentation tool. This tool is basic and does not offer features that you may need – an example of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 20, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to defragment Hard Drive using Batch file in Windows 11/10

How to defragment Hard Drive using Batch file in Windows 11/10 Defragment-Hard-Drive-using-Batch-file.jpg
    Windows 11 or Windows 10 ships with a Defragmentation tool. This tool is basic and does not offer features that you may need – an example of such a feature is, defragging multiple drives at once. In this post, we will show you how to defragment Hard Drive(s) using batch (.bat) file in Windows 11/10. […]

This article How to defragment Hard Drive using Batch file in Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jul 20, 2021

2. hard disk D won't defragment

Hi,

File corruption is one of the reasons why you are having challenges defragmenting your hard disk. Before we proceed, we need you to answer the following questions:

• Are you defragmenting an internal drive or an external drive?
    • Are you using the Windows defragmenter to defrag your hard disk, or is it a third party software?

In the meantime, you can run the System File Checker tool. This will helps use scan and restore corrupted files. Here’s an
    article that will walk you through the steps on how to run the System
    File Checker tool, how to view details of the System File Checker process, and how to manually replace corrupted system files.

We will be waiting for your response.

Kristine Arp, Jul 20, 2021
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Defragment and Optimize Drives Problem

Hi Edward,

Based on the details you have provided, your C drive was unrecognized by the system. We suggest that you run these
    commands and see if there are any changes:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      the following commands:

• To fix any logical file errors:

• Chkdsk C: /f /r

• To defrag your Drive C manually:

• Defrag C: /D /U

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 20, 2021
  4. How to defragment Hard Drive using Batch file in Windows 11/10

Windows Defrag

When running defrag, there is a drive listing for Windows RE Tools. It shows as a solid state drive and that it has never been defragged. It will not optimize. Clicking on it does nothing. Any suggestions?

Donald Eager, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

How to defragment Hard Drive using Batch file in Windows 11/10

1. How to defragment Hard Drive using Batch file in Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - defragment Hard Drive

2. Hard Drive Defrag . . .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard Drive Defrag . . .: My computer is, a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10 Pro . . . I want, to clean up, my hard drive. I think, it's known as "Defrag"? I'm not, sure why? But, my computer is running very, slowly. I hope, after cleaning up my, hard drive. It, will run faster? I typed into, my...
  3. Defraging a remote hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Defraging a remote hard drive: After optimizing the remote hard drive, I get a prompt saying that it "needs optimization 17% fragmented." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defraging-a-remote-hard-drive/3edac645-c25a-467f-aee6-dd82d3dc7f4d
  4. how can defrag hard drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how can defrag hard drive?: need help I don't know how it's done in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-defrag-hard-drive/3c6ada84-f066-404b-a7be-0463d568e606
  5. How to defrag my hard drive in windows 10?

How to defrag my hard drive in windows 10?: How to defragment my hard drive in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-defrag-my-hard-drive-in-windows-10/a3a96022-8baa-4767-8c3e-8de4bd09af4c
  6. How do I defragment my hard drive?

How do I defragment my hard drive?: How do I defragment my hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-defragment-my-hard-drive/b51b7743-4b63-4ec4-b091-e395062e3018
  7. want to Defragment my Hard Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    want to Defragment my Hard Drive: want to Defragment my Hard Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-defragment-my-hard-drive/9edb1c7c-1092-4789-84b2-8a1c526cbfcd
  8. Windows 10 backup using a batch file

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 backup using a batch file: Hello I hope someone can help. We use a script which runs a batch file to backup laptops at the company I work at. To get it to work in Windows 7 we just add the user to the backup operators group. We have just started a few people with Windows 10. Set them up in the same...
  9. How often should I defragment my hard drive?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How often should I defragment my hard drive?: I hear that defragmenting shortens the life span of a hard drive. Is this true? Also, how often should I defrag? Windows has schedules for weekly and monthly optimizations, which is better? Or should I just manually perform it whenever defragmentation reaches a certain...
  10. Batch file no report from external hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch file no report from external hard drive: I have created this batch file that I often use in a command prompt to remove .tmp., .bak, and other files created by a program that I use: del c:\data\*.wbk /s del c:\data\music\*.clp /s del c:\*.tmp /s del c:\data\music\*.asv /s del c:\data\music\*.asvx /s del...