Windows 10: How to deinstall a program that freezes

Discus and support How to deinstall a program that freezes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have found that my Malwarebytes paid version does not launch. I tried to reinstall it but the process freezes 30% of the way through. So, I decided... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CharlesPitman28, Feb 8, 2020.

1. How to deinstall a program that freezes

I have found that my Malwarebytes paid version does not launch. I tried to reinstall it but the process freezes 30% of the way through. So, I decided to completely deinstall using CCleaner and then reinstall. But the uninstall also freezes and a dialog box says the process failed. So now what do I do?

:)

CharlesPitman28, Feb 8, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Josef Bri Win User
    Windows Creator Update Freezes Some Programs when typing

Thanks for the reply. Since the Creator's Update is giving you some issues, we suggest reverting back to the previous update. Here are the steps:

• Open Settings window.
    • Click Update and Security, then Recovery.
    • Select Get Started, under Go back section.

Once done, it will restart your PC. After the restart, please do check if you'll still experience freeze moments on any programs you are working on.

We're looking forward to your response.

Josef Bri, Feb 8, 2020
  4. How to deinstall a program that freezes

Programs keep freezing(not resporting)

Hi Bosko,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

As the programs freezes and unable to access the videos on Microsoft Edge, I understand the inconvenience.

Do let us know the following information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    • Is there any error code/ error message with this issue?

Step 1: Run the System maintenance troubleshooter.

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

• Press Windows key and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and hit Enter.
    • Click on View all in the left pane of the window.
    • Select System Maintenance.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to install the latest updates on your device, install them and check with the status of this issue.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Try to access the videos on Internet Explorer and check if there is any issues.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information to assist you further accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

How to deinstall a program that freezes

1. How to deinstall a program that freezes - Similar Threads - deinstall program freezes

2. OneDrive randomly got deinstalled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OneDrive randomly got deinstalled: Today morning, after waking up my Windows 10 System from sleep mode, I could no longer start OneDrive, the .exe file just got removed, the start-menu entry was still there, etc.Now I know such issues happened before in 2018 all the way to 2020 due to Windows updates, but...
  3. Programs freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs freezing: Is there any possible fix to programs freezing when I alt + tab? Whenever I try to alt tab between tabs (for an example chrome and any other fullscreen program, the program running in the background stops playing videos or freezes completely). The biggest problem is that...
  4. Freezing in Programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Freezing in Programs: Hello guys again I have an NEW issue. Ever since update to Windows 10 2004 latest version I believe I have had several issues and want to see if anyone know these or knows a fix. 1st issue is sometimes after I am waking or open my laptop I get one of 2 screens either an ALL...
  5. deinstall Visuall C++

deinstall Visuall C++: I must uninstall MS Visual C++ Redistribution Ver 2017 and Ver 2015. The deinstallation process fails. Not sure what to do next? I want to install Sketchup and that package installs its own version of Visual C++ Ver 2015. It can't install until, at a minimum, I de-install...
  6. Deinstalled c++

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deinstalled c++: So i was uninstalling some useless stuff on my pc but i deinstalled by mistake some Softwares from the Microsoft corporation. I think it was c++ but i am not sure … the Problem is that i cant Play league of legends anymore. I am able to open the Client and log in but after...
  7. Malwarebytes will not deinstall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes will not deinstall: I found that Malwarebytes paid version did not launch when I asked it to, so I figured I would simply reinstall it. The reinstall froze when about 30% complete. Then I decided to totally uninstall Malwarebytes before trying again to reinstall it. But the uninstall process...
  8. how to deinstall powershell from windows10

how to deinstall powershell from windows10: I'm a beginner learning powershell, I recently installed power on my computer which i noticed I can't execute some command even while i'm on administrative mode. But to my surprise i can't get removed from my computer. Can somebody help me solve this problem....
  9. Deinstallation of Windows 10 features

Deinstallation of Windows 10 features: After being fed up with windows 10 update problems, I have set up my two Windows 10 64 Bit systems recently without deinstalling any Windows 10 features that you only able to deinstall by extern programms like CCleaner etc. or internally by Powershell. When updating the...
  10. Deinstallation GoTo Opener

Deinstallation GoTo Opener: Wie kann ich den GoTo Opener deinstallieren? Habe Windows 10. Ein Fenster sagt mir, dass der Windows Installer nicht richtig installiert wurde....