Windows 10: How to delay v1803 installing ?

Discus and support How to delay v1803 installing ? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; *Kill i have been having a variety of problems, as have others, with the update v1803 over the last couple of months. The problems are various,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mothie, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Mothie Win User

How to delay v1803 installing ?

*Kill i have been having a variety of problems, as have others, with the update v1803 over the last couple of months. The problems are various, therefore I will not take up your good time by listing them all.

It has reached the stage where I was not prepared to cary on using version 1803 any longer, as part of the problems were excessive cpu usage, low fps, programs opening incorrectly etc;etc.

I had made a backup in early March 2018 of my existing system with Macrium Reflect 7 free edition ( 1709 version 16299.251) and today have put this back onto my PC.

It is though it is a new computer, working fine now.
    I was previously having to shut down and restart PC every time I played a game,before the computer would operate with any semblance of normality.

However, as you can guess, Microsoft just cannot wait to install version 1803 once again onto my computer.
    I therefore need a bit of advice,please.

How do I stop Microsoft from reinstalling version 1803 again onto my PC.
    Is it possible to stop this installation process of 1803 ONLY, but continue to receive updates for system now on (1709)?
    How do I do this? All assistance welcome.
    Many thanks in anticipation.

:)

Mothie, Jun 4, 2018

2. delay w10 install

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

To get rid of the Windows 10 upgrade, I would suggest you to follow these steps:

• Go to control panel, then click on Programs and Features.
    • Tap on View installed updates, then find the update called KB3035583.
    • Now uninstall this update.
    I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jun 4, 2018
  3. How can I avoid/delay the upgrade to Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to schedule the download for Windows 10 by following the steps below:

• Click on the notification and click on install.
    • In the next prompt you will get a checkbox to schedule the installation.
    • Tick the checkbox and schedule the time for installation.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 4, 2018
Thema:

How to delay v1803 installing ?

1. How to delay v1803 installing ? - Similar Threads - delay v1803 installing

2. how to fix delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix delay: i think my audio is slightly delayed but I'm not sure how to fix it. I was wondering if anybody else knows how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-delay/837bd4de-cbac-4d33-8ed5-d7ad82b518f8
  3. how to fix delay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix delay: i think my audio is slightly delayed but I'm not sure how to fix it. I was wondering if anybody else knows how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-delay/837bd4de-cbac-4d33-8ed5-d7ad82b518f8
  4. How to fix this delay?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to fix this delay?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/one_eyed_ghoul_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iqpmot/how_to_fix_this_delay/
  5. How to delay Windows 1903 installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to delay Windows 1903 installing: My PC has downloaded the 1903 version. I have delayed the installation for 7 days. How do either extend this delay, or delete the installation files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delay-windows-1903-installing/876288de-908d-4e20-be96-7c99bef5d3dd
  6. Can't Install v1803

Can't Install v1803: I just tried to update my desktop from v1709 to v1803. The first attempt running setup.exe from the ISO failed when the PC hung at the first reboot. I then tried the Windows Update method which has failed several times with the error below. Any idea what's wrong? [img] 122147
  7. Windows update V1803

Windows update V1803: Hi, For a number of months I have been prompted to update to V1803. When doing his update I always got the blue screen of death - showing a driver problem. Updating all drivers has not solved this problem and the update will always revert back to previous version of Windows....
  8. Stop V1803 update

Stop V1803 update: I was on Windows Home and had version 1803 pushed out to me a month ago and was installed. I had issues so I rolled back to version 1709. Version 1803 was pushed out again two days ago and installed so again I rolled back to version 1709 due to same issues. In order...
  9. How to get upgrade to v1803 to actually happen ?

How to get upgrade to v1803 to actually happen ?: Three times I have let the 'Feature Upgrade to v1803' proceed completely and each time afterwards it is still version v1709. On a clone of this system an upgrade via ISO on a USB stick ended in an unbootable system. How to remedy ? In the same PC a fresh install of V1803 went...
  10. How to Delay Upgrade

How to Delay Upgrade: Both of my desktops, running Windows 7 Home Premium, wanted me to reboot to start upgrade. I didn't do anything telling it to do this. At least I didn't know I did. I let it do the upgrade on my computer and everything went good. But my wife doesn't want hers upgraded yet,...