Windows 10: How to delete a device from my family account

Discus and support How to delete a device from my family account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I did a Windows 10 reset on one of the laptops of my kids. Since then, the device is not controlling the screen time anymore. When I go to my Microsoft... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RogerORBCN, Jan 18, 2019.

1. How to delete a device from my family account

I did a Windows 10 reset on one of the laptops of my kids. Since then, the device is not controlling the screen time anymore. When I go to my Microsoft account on the device section, I do see that the device is not reporting activity since the day of the reset. I've been trying to remove and add the device again but it doesnt work. Any idea how to proceed?

:)

RogerORBCN, Jan 18, 2019

2. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

How to delete a device from my family account

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

How to delete a device from my family account

1. How to delete a device from my family account - Similar Threads - delete device family

2. How to remove account from family link and all devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove account from family link and all devices.: Hello, We have recently decided to remove my account from family link, and have taken the nessercary steps to do so. However, my computer still prompts me for the family link code when I attempt to login, and it still says, "this account is managed by family link". Any help...
  3. How to remove account from family link and all devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove account from family link and all devices.: Hello, We have recently decided to remove my account from family link, and have taken the nessercary steps to do so. However, my computer still prompts me for the family link code when I attempt to login, and it still says, "this account is managed by family link". Any help...
  4. Device change from My Device to Family Device

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Device change from My Device to Family Device: Hi, I am wanting my child to use my device but log in with his credentials and associated screen time etc but I cannot work out how to add the device to his name. Any ideas?...
  5. Add device to my account/family

Add device to my account/family: The add device does not let me add my computer directly. Instead it asks me to login to my desktop using the email and go to Your Info in Settings and login using my email. However I did do that and it still doesn't show up. Anybody that can help ? I am having real...
  6. how to recover device that was accidentally deleted from account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to recover device that was accidentally deleted from account: so i accidentally deleted my main computer from my account, and after a hardware change, i was asked to reactivate windows. i tried to use my Microsoft account but then i was unable to reactivate since device was accidentally deleted. is there any way i can recover my device...
  7. how to delete family account

how to delete family account: In the past, I added email to family accounts but this is my email. I want to remove this account but when I click " manage family settings online ",It will link this email and I can't remove this email on my computer I want to use local account not link window account and...
  8. No "delete" button to delete account from a device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No "delete" button to delete account from a device: Hello, I want to remove one of my microsoft accounts from a device, but when I go to Settings -> Accounts and select the account I want to remove there is only one button - "Manage" pol. Zarządzaj. How can I remove this account from my device? [ATTACH]...
  9. I am deleting an account and datat from my Windows Family account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am deleting an account and datat from my Windows Family account: Is it possible to first see what data is attached to this user? I'm affraid of what I might delete. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-deleting-an-account-and-datat-from-my-windows/032e6d2f-8893-46ab-ba29-d22bd569eaf1"
  10. Deleting a device from my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Deleting a device from my Microsoft account: How do I delete a device from my Microsoft account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-a-device-from-my-microsoft-account/bb932813-f1b9-46f6-8dfc-fcf26073f86a