Windows 10: How to delete a device from my family account

Discus and support How to delete a device from my family account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I did a Windows 10 reset on one of the laptops of my kids. Since then, the device is not controlling the screen time anymore. When I go to my Microsoft... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RogerORBCN, Jan 18, 2019.

1. How to delete a device from my family account

I did a Windows 10 reset on one of the laptops of my kids. Since then, the device is not controlling the screen time anymore. When I go to my Microsoft account on the device section, I do see that the device is not reporting activity since the day of the reset. I've been trying to remove and add the device again but it doesnt work. Any idea how to proceed?

:)

RogerORBCN, Jan 18, 2019

2. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

How to delete a device from my family account

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

How to delete a device from my family account

1. How to delete a device from my family account - Similar Threads - delete device family

2. I am deleting an account and datat from my Windows Family account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am deleting an account and datat from my Windows Family account: Is it possible to first see what data is attached to this user? I'm affraid of what I might delete. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-deleting-an-account-and-datat-from-my-windows/032e6d2f-8893-46ab-ba29-d22bd569eaf1"
  3. Microsoft Account device deletion

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account device deletion: When I log in to my Microsoft account it shows in the Device section that I have three devices, but I only have two, a desktop and laptop. The desktop is shown under two names. How can I remove the surplus one?...
  4. family and devices tab on account website

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    family and devices tab on account website: Good day everyone I am not sure if everyone is having this issue but anytime I go to the Family or Devices tab under account.microsoft.com I get website errors. On the Devices tab I get the following error Try that again Something happened on our end, and we can't show...
  5. Family account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family account: I have created a child account for my teenager. If she accesses her Microsoft account she can see that her web history will be visible to me. Can her access to her Microsoft account be restricted to prevent this as otherwise she will simply use a non-connected device....
  6. How to delete an account from "Accounts used by other apps

How to delete an account from "Accounts used by other apps: There is no disconnect button. I refuse to reinstall. Any other ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-an-account-from-accounts-used-by/71a6124a-7a10-412f-ae48-c5af95429726
  7. Deleting a device from my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Deleting a device from my Microsoft account: How do I delete a device from my Microsoft account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-a-device-from-my-microsoft-account/bb932813-f1b9-46f6-8dfc-fcf26073f86a
  8. Family device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Family device: Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family features to work properly. But we no longer have access to this device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-device/71cf1d74-d938-4aa1-b6eb-283e0bbc3bc6"
  9. How to delete my account here

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete my account here: I have a very nasty stalker and would like to delete my account here, but cannot see how to do that, also delete my topics 123369
  10. Cannot remove deleted Microsoft account from list of accounts on device

Cannot remove deleted Microsoft account from list of accounts on device: Hello, everyone! I recently changed schools, and my old school Office 365 account was removed from their systems. As a result, I am no longer able to sign in to the account. I want to remove the account from my computer's settings, and to do so, I have gone to Settings >...