Windows 10: How to delete a file in Windows Defender Quarantine folder ?

Discus and support How to delete a file in Windows Defender Quarantine folder ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a file in my Windows Defender Quarantine folder and in Windows Defender It does not appear in the protection history so I can't delete it.I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lyam Coelho, May 11, 2024.

1. How to delete a file in Windows Defender Quarantine folder ?

I have a file in my Windows Defender Quarantine folder and in Windows Defender It does not appear in the protection history so I can't delete it.I tried delete it with Command Prompt or Take Ownership but nothing has worked.Its 50 GB so It's annoying.

:)

Lyam Coelho, May 11, 2024
  2. DaveM121 Win User

How do I delete items quarantined by Windows Defender?

Hi A S Hamid,

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

Open File Explorer, then on the View menu at the top, temporarily turn on 'Hidden Items'.

Go to this folder and delete the contents of the quarantine folder:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Quarantine

Go to this folder and delete the contents of the Service folder.

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service

That's it, that will remove the quarantined items and their entry from the list in Defender.

DaveM121, May 11, 2024
  3. Window 10 or Defender do not automatically delete virus created junk folders + files??

Hi Carol,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I apologies for delay in response. I will certainly help you with this.

I understand you need to delete virus created junk folder (Quarantined items).

Quarantined items are those items that were prevented from running but were not removed from your PC. I suggest you to follow the below given steps and check if it works:

• Press Windows key and type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click on History tab in Windows Defender Window.
    • Click on the Quarantined items radio button and click on history.
    • Check and select all the items that appear as junk.
    • Click on Remove button to delete them permanently.
    • Check and verify if all the junk folders and files are remove.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, May 11, 2024
  4. Jrjamssc1 Win User

How to delete a file in Windows Defender Quarantine folder ?

Defender deletes quarantined files.

How do I recover a file that Defender quarantined then deleted(or did something with it) without permission.

Jrjamssc1, May 11, 2024
Thema:

How to delete a file in Windows Defender Quarantine folder ?

1. How to delete a file in Windows Defender Quarantine folder ? - Similar Threads - delete file Defender

2. How to delete a file in Windows Defender Quarantine folder ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete a file in Windows Defender Quarantine folder ?: I have a file in my Windows Defender Quarantine folder and in Windows Defender It does not appear in the protection history so I can't delete it.I tried delete it with Command Prompt or Take Ownership but nothing has worked.Its 50 GB so It's annoying....
  3. How to delete a file in Windows Defender Quarantine folder ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete a file in Windows Defender Quarantine folder ?: I have a file in my Windows Defender Quarantine folder and in Windows Defender It does not appear in the protection history so I can't delete it.I tried delete it with Command Prompt or Take Ownership but nothing has worked.Its 50 GB so It's annoying....
  4. How to delete a file in Windows Defender Quarantine folder ?

5. PUA not deleted or quarantined by Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PUA not deleted or quarantined by Windows Defender: Windows Defender scan has picked up three different PUA. I use start actions but it is still on my laptop OS windows 10 Pro and active https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pua-not-deleted-or-quarantined-by-windows-defender/f6d0cb27-400c-4e9e-81bd-1d5b955837d0
  6. PUA not deleted or quarantined by Windows Defender

PUA not deleted or quarantined by Windows Defender: Windows Defender scan has picked up three different PUA. I use start actions but it is still on my laptop OS windows 10 Pro and active https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pua-not-deleted-or-quarantined-by-windows-defender/f6d0cb27-400c-4e9e-81bd-1d5b955837d0
  7. PUA not deleted or quarantined by Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. How do I delete items quarantined by Windows Defender?

How do I delete items quarantined by Windows Defender?: Windows Defender successfully quarantined a trojan, but when I check the Protection History it doesn't show the option to delete the item itself. What do I need to do to delete the item immediately?...
  9. Windows 10 1809 - Win Defender Quarantine - Files are deleted?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 1809 - Win Defender Quarantine - Files are deleted?: Hello, I have a SCCM installation (current branch) and Windows 10 1809 deployed. As i started to prepare this network almost from scratch, the Endpoint Protection was centralized with Windows Defender and SCCM Endpoint Protection policies. Everything is working as expected,...
  10. quarantine folder for win defender

quarantine folder for win defender: Hello, windows defender has deleted one of my files. How can I recover it? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quarantine-folder-for-win-defender/a4331db9-a90f-442d-9eeb-622423210297"