Windows 10: how to delete a folder i made protected by trustedinstaller?

Discus and support how to delete a folder i made protected by trustedinstaller? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I made a folder in c:\program files (x86) called windows nt and want to delete it. I made it so that I could play the pinball game.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by papperboy3498, Nov 30, 2018.

1. how to delete a folder i made protected by trustedinstaller?

I made a folder in c:\program files (x86) called windows nt and want to delete it. I made it so that I could play the pinball game.

:)

papperboy3498, Nov 30, 2018

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused how to delete a folder i made protected by trustedinstaller? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well how to delete a folder i made protected by trustedinstaller? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Nov 30, 2018
  3. BunnyJ Win User
    How to delete files protected by Trustedinstaller

Keep in mind,, I would not even think of doing what you might want to do..
    But if you must
    Windows 7 - How to Delete Files Protected by TrustedInstaller

And don't blame me if you mess anything up.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Nov 30, 2018
  4. f14tomcat Win User

how to delete a folder i made protected by trustedinstaller?

How to delete files protected by Trustedinstaller

What a beautifully worded response!
    how to delete a folder i made protected by trustedinstaller? b0252.gif
    (this kid ain't goin' there !)

f14tomcat, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

how to delete a folder i made protected by trustedinstaller?

1. how to delete a folder i made protected by trustedinstaller? - Similar Threads - delete folder made

2. There is a folder named virus and only trustedinstaller can delete it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is a folder named virus and only trustedinstaller can delete it: Please Help idk how to delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-a-folder-named-virus-and-only/a93a772f-38f3-4e7c-b98f-ec8b2eec9682
  3. There is a folder named virus and only trustedinstaller can delete it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is a folder named virus and only trustedinstaller can delete it: Please Help idk how to delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-a-folder-named-virus-and-only/a93a772f-38f3-4e7c-b98f-ec8b2eec9682
  4. There is a folder named virus and only trustedinstaller can delete it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How do I protect a folder from accidental deletion?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I protect a folder from accidental deletion?: So I have a huge 7tb folder, I can't spread this into several other folders and preferably not even move the contents at all, and I wanna know how to make this folder, not undeleteable per say, but make it so if I have the folder highlighted and my cat steps on the DEL...
  6. TrustedInstaller deleted

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    TrustedInstaller deleted: Hi all. Newbie here. I've made a grave mistake by deleting "TrustedInstaller". Before that I've took over the permissions of my C:\ OS drive and gave them to my only Administrator account. Now I can't open C:\ drive, install any programs besides Google Chrome by some reason....
  7. TrustedInstaller deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    TrustedInstaller deleted: Hi all. Newbie here. I've made a grave mistake by deleting "TrustedInstaller". Before that I've took over the permissions of my C:\ OS drive and gave them to my only Administrator account. Now I can't open C:\ drive, install any programs besides Google Chrome by some reason....
  8. Deleting a folder that requires TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting a folder that requires TrustedInstaller: Hello, I accidentally selected to save new apps on D drive, and some new folders appeared on my D drive. However, I didn't want that to happen and now I want to delete those new folders. Whenever I try to delete WindowsApps and ProgramFiles folder on D drive those folders...
  9. is it bad to disable/delete trustedinstaller

in Windows 10 Customization
    is it bad to disable/delete trustedinstaller: I don't know what trustedinstaller does but the only thing I know is it is stopping me editing files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-bad-to-disabledelete-trustedinstaller/b4d3c0c6-5965-48b3-b487-e46b96ce375d
  10. How to delete files protected by Trustedinstaller

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete files protected by Trustedinstaller: How do I get trustedinstaller Privledges. 15460