Windows 10: How to delete a Microsoft account from Windows if the actual account doesn't exist anymore?

Discus and support How to delete a Microsoft account from Windows if the actual account doesn't exist anymore? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] So I had a work email that was Microsoft based for a job that was a temporary contract, and now the account is deleted. However, if I want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BlockbusterChamp, Jul 26, 2020.

1. How to delete a Microsoft account from Windows if the actual account doesn't exist anymore?

How to delete a Microsoft account from Windows if the actual account doesn't exist anymore? K22fg1xm2TsGLfZcYmVPj4RscmRh8SUnXBzbYadTUf4.jpg

So I had a work email that was Microsoft based for a job that was a temporary contract, and now the account is deleted. However, if I want to remove the account..... it asks me to log in first... which I can't since it's deleted, and I can't recover the account either since it doesn't exist anymore. Windows bugs me a lot for the notification and I'd like to just get rid of it.

There HAS to be a way to force it out right?

https://preview.redd.it/97qlw9fusad...bp&s=643ca236320113138ec4e58ab317a03f7e03328b

https://preview.redd.it/uld836fusad...bp&s=b4ebb89e03ad97983293822d696e35a0483e41f2

submitted by /u/BlockbusterChamp
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BlockbusterChamp, Jul 26, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How to delete a Microsoft account from Windows if the actual account doesn't exist anymore? :(

Zakin, Jul 26, 2020
  3. iamollie Win User
    Deleting User Accounts

Does anyone know how to delete an administrator account from another os on another partition (or using a live cd)?

I dont have access to the administrator account and i need to remove the other administrator account

iamollie, Jul 26, 2020
  4. How to delete a Microsoft account from Windows if the actual account doesn't exist anymore?

Windows 7 Account Wont Delete

The title pretty much says it all. There is only one account on my computer (me) besides Administrator. I do have Nvidia so "UpdateUser" doesnt count (does not show up on the login screen). After i restart my computer last night i noticed that windows doesnt go directly to my account and ask for my password. Instead i have to choose my account or another account that has randomly appeared on the windows log in screen. What is even more weird is that the name of the account is a secondary alias i use online. I installed iExplorer (from MacroPlant) to restore some old text messages on my iPhone but uninstalled it shortly after.

I have tried deleting the "account" from CMD, system profile, computer management and even control panel. I've done my research and i learned that every account as a Security Identifier...well this one doesn't have one in the registry.

If i attempt to delete the account and restart my computer (after two successful boots) the account will reappear again somehow. I dont have viruses or anything. I am running ESET and MSE.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this "ghost" account or profile permanently?

Thanks for the help.

IndependenT, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

How to delete a Microsoft account from Windows if the actual account doesn't exist anymore?

1. How to delete a Microsoft account from Windows if the actual account doesn't exist anymore? - Similar Threads - delete Microsoft account

2. Microsoft account doesn't exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account doesn't exist: When you sign in to your microsoft account, you see information that the account does not exist - create it. I tried to recover and pops up the same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-doesnt-exist/e4c8cbe4-e43b-4094-a7c7-1d4f4b3ce9fd
  3. Microsoft account doesn't exist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account doesn't exist: When you sign in to your microsoft account, you see information that the account does not exist - create it. I tried to recover and pops up the same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-doesnt-exist/e4c8cbe4-e43b-4094-a7c7-1d4f4b3ce9fd
  4. Microsoft account doesn't exist

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Microsoft account doesn't exist.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account doesn't exist.: Hello, recently my microsoft account was completely stolen. The attacker took complete control. That's not the point, I've come to terms with it. The point is that I still have the compromised account logged on to my computer, which the attacker renamed to Russian nonsense. I...
  6. Microsoft account doesn't exist.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account doesn't exist.: Hello, recently my microsoft account was completely stolen. The attacker took complete control. That's not the point, I've come to terms with it. The point is that I still have the compromised account logged on to my computer, which the attacker renamed to Russian nonsense. I...
  7. Deleting an account that doesn't exist anymore.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting an account that doesn't exist anymore.: I had a school account from the school I graduated from last year and no longer need to have access to it.The IT department of my school deleted the account the moment I graduated.Now I'm still getting e-mails saying that Microsoft doesn't have the authorisation for that...
  8. Microsoft Account doesn't exist

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Account doesn't exist: So you know how if you go to settings on your pc you can see the Microsoft account you use for the pc. Well the Microsoft account i use for the pc is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but when i go to sign into it it says that that account doesn't exist so then I...
  9. How to delete a work email account from Windows 10 if the actual account doesn't exist anymore?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to delete a work email account from Windows 10 if the actual account doesn't exist anymore?: So the main issue is that this email the *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account does not actually exist anymore. It was a work email for a contract job, and it was deleted when the contract ended, so it is impossible to log in it. Naturally, I cannot recover the...
  10. That Microsoft account doesn't exist

in Windows 10 Customization
    That Microsoft account doesn't exist: Hi, When I add my school O365 account login to Windows 10, it prompts "That Microsoft account doesn't exist" this account works fine for other O3675 services, please advise. thx, Adams....