Windows 10: How to delete a phantom folder from Windows 10 Photos | Folders

Discus and support How to delete a phantom folder from Windows 10 Photos | Folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; First, this is/was a Music folder, NOT a Pictures folder. I have even deleted the folder and its contents from the computer. But it still appears in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Grandpa Jim, Jan 4, 2019.

1. How to delete a phantom folder from Windows 10 Photos | Folders

First, this is/was a Music folder, NOT a Pictures folder. I have even deleted the folder and its contents from the computer. But it still appears in Photos | Folders. How to remove it--and then replace the Music folder without Photos picking it up again?

:)

Grandpa Jim, Jan 4, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused How to delete a phantom folder from Windows 10 Photos | Folders :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well How to delete a phantom folder from Windows 10 Photos | Folders :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jan 4, 2019
  3. RoboX Win User
    Windows 8 - delete windows folders in another drive

I have the problem (from Windows 8) to delete the folders windows and programs on a secondary disk on which it was 7 .... know how to get full control to delete those folders?

RoboX, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Anusha Win User

How to delete a phantom folder from Windows 10 Photos | Folders

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink How to delete a phantom folder from Windows 10 Photos | Folders ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

How to delete a phantom folder from Windows 10 Photos | Folders

1. How to delete a phantom folder from Windows 10 Photos | Folders - Similar Threads - delete phantom folder

2. How to remove folder from Photos App without deleting it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove folder from Photos App without deleting it?: The title says it all. I like using the Photos App to view my photos. However, I do not want it to display every photo, only ones from a folder that I specify. I went to Folders > Add a folder and added my "Photos" folder. However, I forgot that it had some photos that I...
  3. How to remove folder from Photos App without deleting it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove folder from Photos App without deleting it?: The title says it all. I like using the Photos App to view my photos. However, I do not want it to display every photo, only ones from a folder that I specify. I went to Folders > Add a folder and added my "Photos" folder. However, I forgot that it had some photos that I...
  4. Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder: On iCloud.com I deleted several hundred photos. As I watched the folder on my Windows PC many of the icons and files disappeared from my Windows PC. This is what I was expecting.But there were a few of the deleted photos that remained on the PC. This is the first indication...
  5. Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder: On iCloud.com I deleted several hundred photos. As I watched the folder on my Windows PC many of the icons and files disappeared from my Windows PC. This is what I was expecting.But there were a few of the deleted photos that remained on the PC. This is the first indication...
  6. Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to delete iphone photos folder from windows 10

How to delete iphone photos folder from windows 10: Hi. I have 80gb of iphone photos on my windows 10 and wish to delete them, they refuse to be deleted with the basic methods I have tried. Suggestions appreciated. Thank you....
  8. Windows 10 email - deleting folders, deleting emails from folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 email - deleting folders, deleting emails from folders: Windows 10 email has deleted all my folder from my mail. I re-added a number of folder which are all still there but now the emails that have been put in there have been deleted also. It is doing this by itself... Help...
  9. how to delete windows.old folder from window 10

how to delete windows.old folder from window 10: Hello, How to delete windows.old folder from window 10. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-windowsold-folder-from-window-10/cabc5e68-48b3-4acd-8b69-f156a6cbbf5d"
  10. Deleting Folder from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting Folder from Windows 10: Good Morning, and Happy Easter There is a folder on the desktop of my wife's windows 10 PC that I cannot delete, If I left click on the folder, entitled Mirror Image, message says folder empty, but if I right click on the folder then left click on properties it shows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. phantom windows folder

2. windows 10 phantom folder will not delete