Windows 10: how to delete a phone FOR EVER in Microsoft's devicelist?

Discus and support how to delete a phone FOR EVER in Microsoft's devicelist? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have got a new phone, and I have tried linked it to Windows as I did with my old phone. Without luck. But first things first. I log in to my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Burgurne, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Burgurne Win User

how to delete a phone FOR EVER in Microsoft's devicelist?

I have got a new phone, and I have tried linked it to Windows as I did with my old phone. Without luck.
    But first things first. I log in to my Microsoft account, and look at "My devices". In there is my new phone and my old phone (Samsung and Huawei so no change for mistake). I then click on the old phone, click on show details, and then select Unlink this phone from the menu. Then the phone is gone ... for a time. Because next time I start my other PC, the old phone is back again!
    I have tried to boot both PC's (laptop and a gamer-rig) at the same time, both to windows account, removed the old phone in one, updated the page on both PC's, and the old phone is gone.
    Until next boot, then it is back again!!

How do I delete the old phone FOR EVER, as it will never be used again??

:)

Burgurne, Oct 2, 2019
  2. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Winuser Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

When my phone fails to upgrade I just keep trying. One upgrade took 3 or 4 tries.

Winuser, Oct 2, 2019
  4. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular Windows Phone-Apps – Microsoft Store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

1. how to delete a phone FOR EVER in Microsoft's devicelist? - Similar Threads - delete phone EVER

2. How delete messages that appear in Phone Link but are not on my phone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How delete messages that appear in Phone Link but are not on my phone?: I have reenabled phone link after not using it for many months. I now have two text messages in phone link that do not exist on my phone. How do I delete them? Thanks....
  3. How delete messages that appear in Phone Link but are not on my phone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How delete messages that appear in Phone Link but are not on my phone?: I have reenabled phone link after not using it for many months. I now have two text messages in phone link that do not exist on my phone. How do I delete them? Thanks....
  4. How to recover old deleted thread from Microsoft phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover old deleted thread from Microsoft phone: Hi I need to recover a thread that was deleted off my microsoft phone maliciously a couple of years ago I still have the phone and the same number and the number of the person the thread was about advice would be greatly appreciated thanks...
  5. How to recover old deleted thread from Microsoft phone

How to recover old deleted thread from Microsoft phone: Hi I need to recover a thread that was deleted off my microsoft phone maliciously a couple of years ago I still have the phone and the same number and the number of the person the thread was about advice would be greatly appreciated thanks...
  6. Does Microsoft Support Ever Delete Resolved Cases?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does Microsoft Support Ever Delete Resolved Cases?: I'm curious if Microsoft ever goes ahead and removes all traces of a resolved case from its servers, similar to closing an inactive account. Is there a 30-day latency period or something, in case the support ticket needs to be re-opened, but otherwise gets dumped, case-number...
  7. Your Phone app: how to delete messages

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Your Phone app: how to delete messages: I have Your Phone app installed. But I want to delete messages from this app. How can I delete them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-app-how-to-delete-messages/e991a5fe-aca4-478c-9333-c4ad27555033
  8. Microsoft is worst company ever

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft is worst company ever: I just want to create a different user but it want me to sign up an account it said that i could use phone or email but i couldn't not use phone number when i enterd it it kept say not correct email wtffffff. I regret when i used microsoft , i will unistall all microsoft...
  9. Will "Your Phone app" ever work wiith iPhones

Will "Your Phone app" ever work wiith iPhones: Just what it says..... I know only works with android and Samsung. Will it ever expand to iPhone? I have a surface i'm on all the time and would love essentially imessage on my pc....
  10. how to delete a phone FOREVER in Microsoft's device list?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to delete a phone FOREVER in Microsoft's device list?: I have got a new phone, and I have tried linked it to Windows as I did with my old phone. Without luck. But first things first. I log in to my Microsoft account, and look at "My devices". In there is my new phone and my old phone (Samsung and Huawei so no change for mistake)....