Windows 10: how to delete a phone FOREVER in Microsoft's device list?

Discus and support how to delete a phone FOREVER in Microsoft's device list? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have got a new phone, and I have tried linked it to Windows as I did with my old phone. Without luck. But first things first. I log in to my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Burgurne, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Burgurne Win User

how to delete a phone FOREVER in Microsoft's device list?

I have got a new phone, and I have tried linked it to Windows as I did with my old phone. Without luck.
    But first things first. I log in to my Microsoft account, and look at "My devices". In there is my new phone and my old phone (Samsung and Huawei so no change for mistake). I then click on the old phone, click on show details, and then select Unlink this phone from the menu. Then the phone is gone ... for a time. Because next time I start my other PC, the old phone is back again!
    I have tried to boot both PC's (laptop and a gamer-rig) at the same time, both to windows account, removed the old phone in one, updated the page on both PC's, and the old phone is gone.
    Until next boot, then it is back again!!

How do I delete the old phone FOR EVER, as it will never be used again??

:)

Burgurne, Oct 7, 2019
  2. 7IM
    7im Win User

GPU-Z device list enumeration, device order?

Specifically, how are the the GPUs listed in the drop down sorted, or determined? Vendor and PCI ID? OS hardware device list? Other?

Sorry if this was answered somewhere already. Searching for "GPU LIST ORDER" and like terms were not helpful.

Thanks.

3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular Windows Phone-Apps – Microsoft Store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Oct 7, 2019
  4. Taleys Win User

Laptop not listed in Devices in Microsoft Account

Hi. When I log into my Microsoft account and check under Devices, I only see 3 out of 4 devices that I use with the account. Listed are two nokia windows phones running win 8.1 and 1 hp stream 11 laptop running windows 10.

My main hp-15 laptop running windows 10 is not listed.

I've tried the steps here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-is-trusted-device

to make it a trusted device but it doesn't make my hp-15 laptop listed.

Thanks

Taleys, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

1. how to delete a phone FOREVER in Microsoft's device list? - Similar Threads - delete phone FOREVER

2. how to delete a phone FOR EVER in Microsoft's devicelist?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to delete a phone FOR EVER in Microsoft's devicelist?: I have got a new phone, and I have tried linked it to Windows as I did with my old phone. Without luck. But first things first. I log in to my Microsoft account, and look at "My devices". In there is my new phone and my old phone (Samsung and Huawei so no change for mistake)....
  3. Microsoft Account device deletion

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account device deletion: When I log in to my Microsoft account it shows in the Device section that I have three devices, but I only have two, a desktop and laptop. The desktop is shown under two names. How can I remove the surplus one?...
  4. Deleting Files forever in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting Files forever in Windows 10: I have tried numerous ways to do this from various suggestions but they keep coming back. I may have found a way but time will tell but it appears to be working so far. Cut the file and paste into an external devices such as a memory card or a USB. Remove the card or USB...
  5. Cant delete phone from devices list

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant delete phone from devices list: I cant seem to delete an old phone from devices. I can on the others that are there but not that one. There is no option to delete. I have made sure I am not logged in from another account, like a child's account and have tried on multiple different machines. Very...
  6. Cannot remove deleted Microsoft account from list of accounts on device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot remove deleted Microsoft account from list of accounts on device: Hello, everyone! I recently changed schools, and my old school Office 365 account was removed from their systems. As a result, I am no longer able to sign in to the account. I want to remove the account from my computer's settings, and to do so, I have gone to Settings >...
  7. deleting listings

in Browsers and Email
    deleting listings: When sending e-mail and punching in the fist letter in a name , a listing comes up with a bunch of names I don't want , or need. How do I delete those names not wanted? 16036
  8. How to contact Microsoft activation on phone

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to contact Microsoft activation on phone: The other day I decided I was going to reinstall windows 8.1. Bad move, now it says my key is invalid, gives me no option to call. Only to buy or enter a new key. This is a retail 8.1 pro. Does someone have the US activation number I can call to sort this out. It doesn't give...
  9. How to force device to to work as a tablet/phone?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to force device to to work as a tablet/phone?: Hi, I have just purchased the following: 10.1 Accessories It all works fine, apart from the fact I can't seem to install this (the main reason for getting it!) Your request appears to be from an automated process Apparently, it will detect that I'm on a...
  10. Mystery Phone Listing on Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mystery Phone Listing on Network: I upgraded my desktop PC and my laptop to Windows 10. All went fine. However, my desktop and laptop network icons show a phone that I don't have (I think it's an Android). My network map (in Netgear genie) doesn't show anything that shouldn't be there. It doesn't appear when...