Windows 10: How to delete a Services file

Discus and support How to delete a Services file in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a file listed in windows 10 “Services” that I cannot delete. First went to registry and removed file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Yancyd66, May 29, 2023.

1. Yancyd66 Win User

How to delete a Services file

I have a file listed in windows 10 “Services” that I cannot delete. First went to registry and removed file usingComputer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WalletService. It was removed. Then went to command prompt admin:C: \WINDOWS\ system32>sc delete “Service Name”Error Message: [SC] OpenService FAILED 1060:The specified service does not exist as an installed service. It does exist in Services:Service name: WTablet ServiceProDisplay name: Wacom Professional ServiceDescription: Driver for Wacom Tables Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Yancyd66, May 29, 2023
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, May 29, 2023
  3. SamSs Service Deleted accidentally

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

• What was the last step you performed before deleting it accidently?
    • Check if you find it under Services?
    Follow the steps below to check the SAMSs.

1. Press
    Windows Logo Key+X. Click on Run.

2. Type
    services.msc. Click on Ok.

3. Then find
    SAMSs. Right-click on it to
    Stop it and Restart it.

If you do not find it in services, then I suggest you to try the steps below.

Scan for damaged system files. Right-click the Start icon and select
    Command Prompt (Admin). In the Command Prompt window, type
    sfc /scannow and hit Enter.

Then type dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and hit Enter.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, May 29, 2023
  4. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, May 29, 2023
Thema:

1. How to delete a Services file - Similar Threads - delete Services file

2. Delete Xbox Services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete Xbox Services: I do not use XBox. Is there a way to delete not disable the following Xbox components from the Services? Xbox Accessory Management Service, Xbox Live Auth Manager, Xbox Live Game Save Xbox Live Networking Service...
  3. How to delete a Services file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete a Services file: I have a file listed in windows 10 “Services” that I cannot delete. First went to registry and removed file usingComputer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WalletService. It was removed. Then went to command prompt admin:C: \WINDOWS\ system32>sc delete...
  4. How to delete a Services file

How to delete a Services file: I have a file listed in windows 10 “Services” that I cannot delete. First went to registry and removed file usingComputer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WalletService. It was removed. Then went to command prompt admin:C: \WINDOWS\ system32>sc delete...
  5. Deleting unused services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting unused services: I run Windows 11 on a Dell laptop. I found some services left by a program I've since uninstalled. The services are disabled; is thereany way to delete them entirely from the system?...
  6. Deleting unused services

Deleting unused services: I run Windows 11 on a Dell laptop. I found some services left by a program I've since uninstalled. The services are disabled; is thereany way to delete them entirely from the system?...
  7. how to delete not installed service in windows?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to delete not installed service in windows?: Hello there, I was making a windows service but something went wrong I just made a service without installer and deleted the project with service and now I stuck on it Is There way to delete windows service what not installed?...
  8. Deleting services

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting services: When you "sc delete" a service, do the services files get removed or is it simply removing the service from the service.msc list? submitted by /u/Flaky-Budget9242 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i3d9uv/deleting_services/
  9. How to delete Interactive Services in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to delete Interactive Services in Windows 10?: How to delete Interactive Services in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-interactive-services-in-windows-10/df564476-05bd-4949-806e-ec115b382774
  10. By mistake deleted apache service using ms delete apache how to get it in service

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    By mistake deleted apache service using ms delete apache how to get it in service: in windows 10 Operating system by mistake deleted apache service using " ms delete apache" command. How to get it back in service. Now it is displayed in service ....