Windows 10: how to delete a standard user while you are logged into it on windows 10 laptop

Discus and support how to delete a standard user while you are logged into it on windows 10 laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i added a user standard and i want to delete it while i am logged in it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JOEYISRAEL, Oct 20, 2018.

1. how to delete a standard user while you are logged into it on windows 10 laptop

i added a user standard and i want to delete it while i am logged in it

:)

JOEYISRAEL, Oct 20, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Look at this thread,How to Delete a User Account in Windows 10, it may help. You can try the various methods.
    Make sure you are using an administrative account when removing the account or log on using the Administrator's account.

Or, if you are patient and know what you are doing, manually remove it.

Either way, Goodluck.

95Viper, Oct 20, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Changing administrator for new windows 10 laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To change the Account type follow the steps.

• Press Windows + X, click on User Accounts.

• Click on change your account type.

• Select standard account.

To delete the account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Delete the account.

To create the new user account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Click on Add A new user in PC setting.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 20, 2018
  4. how to delete a standard user while you are logged into it on windows 10 laptop

Standard user account created shows Administrator on Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you logging in using a Microsoft account on any of the created two user accounts?
    • Have you created 2 local account with administrative privileges on the computer?

Please be informed that Local user account as well as
    Microsoft user account
    can be considered as Standard user account. A
    Standard user account is the user account which do not have any administrative privileges.

It is possible to create two or more accounts with administrative privileges on computers running with Windows 10 operating system.

If you want to convert one of the user account as a standard account, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Control panel in the search box and select the top most search result.
    • Select User Accounts and click on Change account type
      from the window.
    • Click on the user account and select Change the Account type option.
    • Select Standard and click on Change account type
      button from the window.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

how to delete a standard user while you are logged into it on windows 10 laptop

1. how to delete a standard user while you are logged into it on windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - delete standard user

2. how to delete an administrator account from a standard user account and turn a standard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete an administrator account from a standard user account and turn a standard...: Hi, I created an extra user and made it an administrator and the old one a standard user. I am trying to login to the administrator account it said i should enter my Microsoft password i am pressing the password and it is not showing. i pressed it even though it didn't show...
  3. how to delete an administrator account from a standard user account and turn a standard...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to delete an administrator account from a standard user account and turn a standard...: Hi, I created an extra user and made it an administrator and the old one a standard user. I am trying to login to the administrator account it said i should enter my Microsoft password i am pressing the password and it is not showing. i pressed it even though it didn't show...
  4. how to delete an administrator account from a standard user account and turn a standard...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 standard user

Windows 10 standard user: I cannot make a standard user for Win 10. Every time I do it does not allow a sign on, it immediately "logs out". If I change the type to administrator there is no problem. I ran scan/chk disk, no problem. No viruses....
  6. windows 10 how to delete the password when you log out?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows 10 how to delete the password when you log out?: How to eliminate the annoying password that Windows 10 asks you when you sing out? How something so simple can be so stupid and tedious in Windows 10 is incredible the people behind Microsoft that is android and ios are super intuitive the login system...
  7. Standard users How Do you set Enviroment variables

in Windows 10 Customization
    Standard users How Do you set Enviroment variables: Windows 10 ver 1909 Hi I installed Windows 10 Pro three days ago. I was a Windows 7 user. Because I'm having problems with enviroments variables I have a couple of question about it . In order to test my App code I often modify PATH and few ambient variables. I'm...
  8. how do you delete a user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do you delete a user account: I need to change the primary User account and add the administrator as the User https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-delete-a-user-account/d5324134-f3e4-45fd-95aa-fa0fff98ca58
  9. standard user log in failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    standard user log in failed: after updating my windows 10 to 1903 version, standard user accounts cannot log in while administrator accounts can. when a standard account try to log in the message appear:The Group Policy Client service failed the logon, accsess denied. then I tried to solve the problem...
  10. Failed to delete standard user account permanently

Failed to delete standard user account permanently: I failed to permanently delete a standard user account more than 20 times. I even activated the built-in Administrator and then deleted the user account, the same account re-generated automatically after a 'sleep' or re-start. I used the command prompt (Admin) net user...