Windows 10: How to delete a user account? There is no "Remove" option that all search results reference.

Discus and support How to delete a user account? There is no "Remove" option that all search results reference. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've searched on Google and looked at 40+ results. Everything says that when I go to "Family and other users" and select the account there should be a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DontEstopBelievin, Mar 19, 2021.

1. How to delete a user account? There is no "Remove" option that all search results reference.

I've searched on Google and looked at 40+ results. Everything says that when I go to "Family and other users" and select the account there should be a "Remove" option. There isn't. The only options are "Change Account Type" (it's already Standard, so the only other option is Admin) or "Block." How do I just delete this person? I'm an admin, the other person isn't, and they aren't signed in.

submitted by /u/DontEstopBelievin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DontEstopBelievin, Mar 19, 2021
  2. kenkickr Win User

Deleting User Accounts

If you can access the admin account through safe mode then all you have to do to remove the other account passwords is go into User Accounts in the control panel and either delete the accounts or, I'm not sure, remove the account passwords.

kenkickr, Mar 19, 2021
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Mar 19, 2021
  4. How to delete a user account? There is no "Remove" option that all search results reference.

Attempts to delete account result in freeze.

I'm trying to remove a user account off a Toshiba laptop but each time I try to delete the account, the User Accounts thingy freezes. Any ideas on how to delete the account?

beyond_amusia, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

How to delete a user account? There is no "Remove" option that all search results reference.

1. How to delete a user account? There is no "Remove" option that all search results reference. - Similar Threads - delete user account

2. Dual boot option will not work,, tried all the search results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot option will not work,, tried all the search results: Hello All,I ran windows 7 until a few weeks ago, all good..I installed windows 10 on a separate SSD drive in my system and the dual boot worked as designed.My windows 10 was giving me huge headaches, setting search feature wot not work, so i reinstalled windows 10 via...
  3. Dual boot option will not work,, tried all the search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual boot option will not work,, tried all the search results: Hello All,I ran windows 7 until a few weeks ago, all good..I installed windows 10 on a separate SSD drive in my system and the dual boot worked as designed.My windows 10 was giving me huge headaches, setting search feature wot not work, so i reinstalled windows 10 via...
  4. Dual boot option will not work,, tried all the search results

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to remove a user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove a user account: Hi,I have received my PC back after having the hard drive changed.I need to remove the guy who fixed my PC's user account but am unable to as it says that he's signed in.Is there any way I can remove it?ThanksK...
  6. How to remove a user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a user account: Hi,I have received my PC back after having the hard drive changed.I need to remove the guy who fixed my PC's user account but am unable to as it says that he's signed in.Is there any way I can remove it?ThanksK...
  7. How to remove a user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. can all but one user account be deleted

in Windows 10 Customization
    can all but one user account be deleted: can all but one user account be deleted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-all-but-one-user-account-be-deleted/ac13b8d2-d54a-4a3a-bb32-405a276583f1
  9. Deleted user account but cannot delete all user files

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deleted user account but cannot delete all user files: I deleted the previous user account on a laptop given to me by my friend (Joanne) and changed it to a new name (Serena). This seemed to work and when when I login it is with the new username. However there seems to be contradicting info about user accounts on my pc. The first...
  10. Remove email from Search results

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove email from Search results: Anyone know how I can remove Thunderbird emails from Search results? Can't find a way to stop them from coming up. Many thanks 46162