Windows 10: How to delete a user name from my PC.

Discus and support How to delete a user name from my PC. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I would like to remove a family member’s Yahoo.com user name from my PC. But after following the how to "Remove Family & other users" instructions,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by LJonesSW, Jun 9, 2019.

1. LJonesSW Win User

How to delete a user name from my PC.

I would like to remove a family member’s Yahoo.com user name from my PC.

But after following the how to "Remove Family & other users" instructions, the only selection that pops up is "Allow". I don't see a "Remove" option. What else should I do?

:)

LJonesSW, Jun 9, 2019

2. How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Jun 9, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jun 9, 2019
  4. How to delete a user name from my PC.

User Account Folder Name

Hi,

Kindly perform the following steps to change your Windows 10 User Account Name.

• Press windows key + R, then type netplwiz.
    • Under Users for this computer, double click on your user account.
    • Change the user name then click on Apply.
    • Click OK.
    • Restart the PC.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerdimae Sal, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

How to delete a user name from my PC.

1. How to delete a user name from my PC. - Similar Threads - delete user name

2. My pc will not remember my user name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc will not remember my user name: I am going to my personal accounts and it will not remember me when I say keep saying remember my user name. It keep saying on some account does not recognize this computer and this all started on May 15 2022.* Moved from MSN...
  3. My pc will not remember my user name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc will not remember my user name: I am going to my personal accounts and it will not remember me when I say keep saying remember my user name. It keep saying on some account does not recognize this computer and this all started on May 15 2022.* Moved from MSN...
  4. My pc will not remember my user name

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Change from "User" to my name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change from "User" to my name: I sign in with Microsoft as you can see, but I'd like to change my name in files and documents from "User" to something personal. I've read a lot of tutorials on how to do this but none of them worked. I also can't just rename the folder. To clarify, I don't want to change my...
  6. Change from "User" to my name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change from "User" to my name: I sign in with Microsoft as you can see, but I'd like to change my name in files and documents from "User" to something personal. I've read a lot of tutorials on how to do this but none of them worked. I also can't just rename the folder. To clarify, I don't want to change my...
  7. Change from "User" to my name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to change my user name

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change my user name: In Windows 10, how can I change my user name from my last name to my first name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-my-user-name/eadcbecf-3d03-4c0b-a184-902851a1df31
  9. delete a user account and name and email,also how do I delete a user on my Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    delete a user account and name and email,also how do I delete a user on my Microsoft account: pls tell me anyone that how do I delete all users and emails of my laptop and also how do I delete the users on my Microsoft account,please someone help me...
  10. Deleting user name and password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deleting user name and password: A surface pro 4 was given as a Christmas present. Though a very nice machine, it is more complicated than expected. I am returning it, but want to delete My wife's user name and password, but so far have been unsuccessful. How do I sanitize this machine back to its original...