Windows 10: How to delete a User Profile in Windows 10

Discus and support How to delete a User Profile in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 is a wonderful operating system, and many of us can agree with that. However, there might come a time when to fix some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 16, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to delete a User Profile in Windows 10

How to delete a User Profile in Windows 10 Delete-User-Profile-in-Windows-10-100x100.png
    How to delete a User Profile in Windows 10 Delete-User-Profile-in-Windows-10-150x93.png Windows 10 is a wonderful operating system, and many of us can agree with that. However, there might come a time when to fix some problems, we have to delete the User Profile to set things straight again. Now, many [...]

This post How to delete a User Profile in Windows 10 is from TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Oct 16, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Well you can try something like this... Delprof2 – User Profile Deletion Tool
    It is free to use, if you use for private use.

Quote from the Site page:

Deleting User Profile in Windows Using Delprof2

95Viper, Oct 16, 2019
  3. Deleting Windows 10 user account/profile

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Are you login to an Administrator account?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you disable the said user account via Command Prompt. Refer to the steps below:

1. Right-click on Start button, select
    Command Prompt (Admin).

2. On the Command Prompt window, type in net user and press
    Enter.

3. A list of user profiles on your computer will appear, if you see the user account you wish to disable then you can type:

net user ExampleUserName /active:no (note the space between the end of the user name and the /) and press
    Enter.

Note: Make sure that you have other accounts available to your computer with Administrator rights before performing this method.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 16, 2019
  4. How to delete a User Profile in Windows 10

How to completely delete the files and folders of the corrupted profile and rename the same user profile name in the newly created user profile in Windows 10?

Hello Ian,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Method 1: You can delete the files and folders from the corrupted user from
    File explorer by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard to open
      File explorer.

• Click on This PC located at the left side panel of the window to open the drives of the PC.

• Go to users folder by opening the
      C: drive.

• From users folder, locate the user folder you want to delete and
      press Shift + Delete keys on the keyboard.

• After the process is complete, close the window and check if the files and folders are deleted.

Method 2: I suggest you to refer to the suggestion by
    Annu Singh from the link below to rename the user profile and check if it helps.

Rename User Account Folder in Windows 10 Preview

Write back to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

How to delete a User Profile in Windows 10

1. How to delete a User Profile in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - delete User Profile

2. user profile deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    user profile deleted: I am resetting my Windows 10 laptop. Tried to clean ALL files & re-login. But it saysThe User Profile Service service failed the sign-inUser profile cannot be loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-deleted/22cf925c-474c-459a-950a-435569558fdf
  3. user profile deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    user profile deleted: I am resetting my Windows 10 laptop. Tried to clean ALL files & re-login. But it saysThe User Profile Service service failed the sign-inUser profile cannot be loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-deleted/22cf925c-474c-459a-950a-435569558fdf
  4. How to delete user profile in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete user profile in windows: How to delete the user profile from the bootup screen. using Flash drive how to Delete multiple profiles from computers, using Flash drive is there any option to delete through a USB drive?...
  5. How to delete user profile in windows

How to delete user profile in windows: How to delete the user profile from the bootup screen. using Flash drive how to Delete multiple profiles from computers, using Flash drive is there any option to delete through a USB drive?...
  6. Delete User Profile

Delete User Profile: I see a second user profile that auto pops up at the Windows Hello sign in. It asks for the username and password and I believe it's an account I accidentally created somehow. How do I delete this profile? I checked in Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Manage...
  7. Deleting a User Profile.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting a User Profile.: I have 2 profiles on my laptop and I want to delete the secondary one as it is no longer used. How to delete the user profile along with the data? And how to do delete while retaining the data? And will deleting a profile of 80+ Gigs improve the performance of my laptop?...
  8. How to Delete a User Profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Delete a User Profile: I know nothing about softwares and how they work., let alone this whole OneDrive thing. I have a new notebook and I copied some files from an external hard drive. I didn't realise that it was saving everything to OneDrive. I got a message to say that my OneDrive had run out...
  9. How to recover a deleted user profile ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to recover a deleted user profile ?: I accidentally deleted my main user account through the control panel but chose the "keep files" option. So my user folder is under C:\Users but i cant find a way to revert all of them back to my previous state. If that is possible at all. I tried creating a new user and...
  10. Delete User Profile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete User Profile in Windows 10: How to: Delete User Profile in Windows 10 How to Delete User Profile of an Account in Windows 10 [img] Information When signs in to the new account for the first time. A user profile is a collection of settings that make the computer look and work the way you want...