Windows 10: How to delete a windows disc image file in onedrive/documents

Discus and support How to delete a windows disc image file in onedrive/documents in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Onedrive says not enough free space, but I cannot delete a 4.1GB windows disc image file in onedrive/documents. Never had this issue before. An online... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TerryHarrisYA, May 5, 2019.

1. How to delete a windows disc image file in onedrive/documents

Onedrive says not enough free space, but I cannot delete a 4.1GB windows disc image file in onedrive/documents. Never had this issue before. An online MS technician put it there yesterday. He unsuccessfully tried to talk me through a rescue for my Toshiba laptop which froze (it is still frozen!) when I accepted a MS option to a 'Fresh Start' promising to improve matters. It did the opposite.

The Technician says he thinks it is because the Toshiba BIOS dates to 2007 and won't support WIN10 upgrades. But that's another issue.

With all the help I got and which did not fix the issue I have now ended up with my HP desktop in trouble with an overloaded one drive that won't delete!!

:)

TerryHarrisYA, May 5, 2019
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, May 5, 2019
  3. Save images/documents to my computer WITHOUT OneDrive being in the link

We suggest that you change the Auto Save location to This PC only in OneDrive settings. To do so, follow these steps:

If the OneDrive available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

If the OneDrive is no longer available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• Click the Start menu and type in OneDrive and then select the first result.
    • Sign in with your Microsoft account associated with your OneDrive and then follow the instructions to complete the login.
    • On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

Let us know the result of your troubleshooting.

Genevieve Cri, May 5, 2019
  4. ankit0206 Win User

How to delete a windows disc image file in onedrive/documents

deleting an disc image file

by mistake i downloaded a disc image file from internet .

it is present in the c drive as disc image file and also showing in the dvd drive as an .iso application but i m unable to delete it.

looked like a malware but malware apps not saying it as malware .

how can i get rid of this file?

ankit0206, May 5, 2019
Thema:

How to delete a windows disc image file in onedrive/documents

1. How to delete a windows disc image file in onedrive/documents - Similar Threads - delete disc image

2. How to get documents deleted by Onedrive back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get documents deleted by Onedrive back: When I bought a new laptop a few months ago I didn’t realise that Onedrive installed in the background and caused the default save location to be itself. Soon, I ran out of onedrive space but kept saving files on my device with no problem and ignored the syncing error...
  3. How to get documents deleted by Onedrive back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get documents deleted by Onedrive back: When I bought a new laptop a few months ago I didn’t realise that Onedrive installed in the background and caused the default save location to be itself. Soon, I ran out of onedrive space but kept saving files on my device with no problem and ignored the syncing error...
  4. deleting a disc file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleting a disc file: Hey i have this problem where i downloaded a app that had a disc image file. I mounted one and I didn't like the program so I tried to delete it, I tried deleting the disc image file but it said it was open in the system. I checked my task manager and there was nothing that...
  5. deleting a disc file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deleting a disc file: Hey i have this problem where i downloaded a app that had a disc image file. I mounted one and I didn't like the program so I tried to delete it, I tried deleting the disc image file but it said it was open in the system. I checked my task manager and there was nothing that...
  6. Deleted Documents and Images folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted Documents and Images folders: Hello everyone, while moving files from my C drive to my D drive, accidentaly deleted the documents and images folders from my pc. Before that I unliked my pc from onedrive, because it was not letting me move said folders. After trying again, and being prompt with the messge...
  7. What are disc image files?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What are disc image files?: I have little space, and in my downloads folder there is "Microsoft Office 2010 powerpoint x86 32bit" which occupies 300mb and I want to know if I can delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-disc-image-files/2bb11d89-5117-4afc-8235-a827699ceb86
  8. disc image file is corrupted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    disc image file is corrupted: I need a fix for error message: "Couldn't mount file. Disc image file is corrupted". I did multiple scans DISM, sfc, etc..} It says my corrupted files must be manually corrected. What should I do?...
  9. Is there an All-in-One document for Deletion of OneDrive and Local files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there an All-in-One document for Deletion of OneDrive and Local files: I am pretty sure it must exist, but can't find it. I am looking for kind of an All-in-One document for the various Deletion scenarios - describing what happens when synced files are deleted on OneDrive and/or Locally, under the various options of "On Demand", "Keep on this...
  10. deleting an disc image file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    deleting an disc image file: by mistake i downloaded a disc image file from internet . it is present in the c drive as disc image file and also showing in the dvd drive as an .iso application but i m unable to delete it. looked like a malware but malware apps not saying it as malware . how can i get...