Windows 10: How to delete a work email account from Windows 10 if the actual account doesn't exist anymore?

Discus and support How to delete a work email account from Windows 10 if the actual account doesn't exist anymore? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So the main issue is that this email the *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account does not actually exist anymore. It was a work email for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KMcClusky, Jul 29, 2020.

1. KMcClusky Win User

How to delete a work email account from Windows 10 if the actual account doesn't exist anymore?

So the main issue is that this email the *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account does not actually exist anymore. It was a work email for a contract job, and it was deleted when the contract ended, so it is impossible to log in it. Naturally, I cannot recover the password for it since it doesn't exist. There SHOULD be a simple remove button.... but I only get the Manage button which asks me to log into the account.

How do I get rid of this thing? It's been plaguing me for a long time. I deleted the work email from Outlook but it's still synced in Windows and bugs me to fix an issue with it. I just want to delete it.

How to delete a work email account from Windows 10 if the actual account doesn't exist anymore? aad266c4-8af0-4408-a7bf-075c718c6961?upload=true.png

:)

KMcClusky, Jul 29, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How to delete a work email account from Windows 10 if the actual account doesn't exist anymore? :(

Zakin, Jul 29, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jul 29, 2020
  4. How to delete a work email account from Windows 10 if the actual account doesn't exist anymore?

email account hacked. please help

Don't think you can if they were deleted from your email account and are not in your trash folder. Try contacting Yahoo, explain what happened, and see what they can do or suggest you do.

BarbaricSoul, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

How to delete a work email account from Windows 10 if the actual account doesn't exist anymore?

1. How to delete a work email account from Windows 10 if the actual account doesn't exist anymore? - Similar Threads - delete email account

2. That Account doesn't exist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    That Account doesn't exist: Hi - I have created a standard account for my daughter in my laptop. Everything was fine till today, when she couldn't login to her account anymore. The error message states "That account doesn't exist ", the only new activity was that she has downloaded a game call...
  3. Account doesn't exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account doesn't exist: I'm using my school account to ask this but, I have a personal account that I made when I bought my PC a couple years ago and while it's still connected to my PC whenever I try to login online I states the above. I went through Microsoft costumer service but, it didn't really...
  4. Account doesn't exist

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Account doesn't exist: I'm using my school account to ask this but, I have a personal account that I made when I bought my PC a couple years ago and while it's still connected to my PC whenever I try to login online I states the above. I went through Microsoft costumer service but, it didn't really...
  5. Account hacked, unknown mail, account doesn't exist anymore, no form

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account hacked, unknown mail, account doesn't exist anymore, no form: Hi, I've tried to connect to my microsoft account but it has been hacked , the recuperation adress is unkown and referd to a russian mail. I can't fill up the form beacause when i say im try to recover from X account aka my hacked account it says it doesnt exist. The mail...
  6. Account hacked, unknown mail, account doesn't exist anymore, no form

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account hacked, unknown mail, account doesn't exist anymore, no form: Hi, I've tried to connect to my microsoft account but it has been hacked , the recuperation adress is unkown and referd to a russian mail. I can't fill up the form beacause when i say im try to recover from X account aka my hacked account it says it doesnt exist. The mail...
  7. Account doesn't exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account doesn't exist: When my ex set up my computer, for some reason he made an Outlook account that I've never used. My sign in page for my computer has this email address and so I have a Microsoft account associated with that bogus email. All my photos are backing up to this account, all my...
  8. Deleting an account that doesn't exist anymore.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting an account that doesn't exist anymore.: I had a school account from the school I graduated from last year and no longer need to have access to it.The IT department of my school deleted the account the moment I graduated.Now I'm still getting e-mails saying that Microsoft doesn't have the authorisation for that...
  9. How to delete my work account email from Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to delete my work account email from Windows 10?: How to delete my work account email from Windows 10? Windows keeps telling me the account needs fixing, it makes no sense. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-my-work-account-email-from-windows/e6ba75ed-2325-4ef4-8812-f1883eb6f970
  10. How to delete a Microsoft account from Windows if the actual account doesn't exist anymore?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to delete a Microsoft account from Windows if the actual account doesn't exist anymore?: [ATTACH] So I had a work email that was Microsoft based for a job that was a temporary contract, and now the account is deleted. However, if I want to remove the account..... it asks me to log in first... which I can't since it's deleted, and I can't recover the account...