Windows 10: How to Delete all SMBshares using Powershell?

Discus and support How to Delete all SMBshares using Powershell? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've disabled SMB in "Turn Windows Features On or Off". How can I remove the SMBShares that return the following error when I enter remove-smbshare... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Thelps, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Thelps Win User

How to Delete all SMBshares using Powershell?

I've disabled SMB in "Turn Windows Features On or Off".

How can I remove the SMBShares that return the following error when I enter remove-smbshare <Sharename>?

Sample Error:
    remove-smbshare : The request is not supported.At line:1 char:1+ remove-smbshare <Sharename>$+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (MSFT_SmbShare (...copeName = "*"):ROOT/Microsoft/Windows/SMB/MSFT_SMB Share) [Remove-SmbShare], CimException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Windows System Error 50,Remove-SmbShare

I'm already running Powershell as Administrator.

:)

Thelps, Jun 25, 2017

2. Can't access server files

What is R: ? Is it shared? Instead of using net.exe try using PowerShell Get-SMBShare or Get-SMBConnection to find out.

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Jun 25, 2017
  3. Entegy Win User
    How to delete all photos taken by camera (using a Mac)

Just to clarify, the photos are appearing twice in iPhoto or twice on the phone?

Entegy, Jun 25, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Have you tried re-enabling SMB and removing the shares with SMB enabled, then disabling SMB?

NavyLCDR, Jun 25, 2017
  5. Thelps Win User
    Yes. The problem was originally encountered with SMB enabled.

Thelps, Jun 25, 2017
  6. Eagle51 Win User
    Assuming your on the machine where the share was created, have you tried ...
    Remove-SmbShare -Name "YOUR-SHARE-NAME"

Eagle51, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Delete all SMBshares using Powershell? - Similar Threads - Delete SMBshares using

2. How to delete PowerShell virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete PowerShell virus?: I am heaving one virus in PowerShell and sometimes PowerShell is opening by itself, without ME opening it. The virus is so sophisticated that also Microsoft Defender when I scan with PC Manager is able to detect it, but Microsoft Defender is not able to delete it. The...
  3. How to delete PowerShell virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete PowerShell virus?: I am heaving one virus in PowerShell and sometimes PowerShell is opening by itself, without ME opening it. The virus is so sophisticated that also Microsoft Defender when I scan with PC Manager is able to detect it, but Microsoft Defender is not able to delete it. The...
  4. Delete network adapter bridge using PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete network adapter bridge using PowerShell: Hi,I must suppress not disable an adapter bridge between the WiFi and the Ethernet for our PC fleet. Is-it possible to do this using PowerShell script? And what are PowerShell commands to use? I have over 300 units to apply this change and I don't want to do this one by one...
  5. Delete network adapter bridge using PowerShell

Delete network adapter bridge using PowerShell: Hi,I must suppress not disable an adapter bridge between the WiFi and the Ethernet for our PC fleet. Is-it possible to do this using PowerShell script? And what are PowerShell commands to use? I have over 300 units to apply this change and I don't want to do this one by one...
  6. Delete network adapter bridge using PowerShell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. How to delete .lnk files using CMD or Powershell?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete .lnk files using CMD or Powershell?: I want to delete two shortcuts in my desktop using powershell or cmd but each of them doesn't recognize them. when I enter `dir` in both cmd and pwsh, they jusy not show the shortcuts. it seems like they are ghosts. how can I make to fix this?...
  8. How to delete .lnk files using CMD or Powershell?

How to delete .lnk files using CMD or Powershell?: I want to delete two shortcuts in my desktop using powershell or cmd but each of them doesn't recognize them. when I enter `dir` in both cmd and pwsh, they jusy not show the shortcuts. it seems like they are ghosts. how can I make to fix this?...
  9. Using Powershell to delete REG key for all users

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Powershell to delete REG key for all users: Hey all, not sure if this is the right place to ask, especially considering how pointed the question is. We're trying to do a thorough clean install of a software due to changing the version (specifically, we're moving from SolidWorks 2017 to 2020 SP04). However, the issue...
  10. How to delete files and folders using Windows PowerShell

in Windows 10 News
    How to delete files and folders using Windows PowerShell: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are unable to delete a file or folder from your computer, you can use Windows PowerShell to delete any file and folder effortlessly. The advantage of using PowerShell is that you can force delete a file and remove [...] This post How to delete files...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. powershell remove-smbshare

2. Remove-SmbShare : The request is not supported.