Windows 10: How to DELETE an ICON on DESKTOP? Transparency layer issue.

Discus and support How to DELETE an ICON on DESKTOP? Transparency layer issue. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Previous post titled 'Help me please! How to DELETE an ICON on DESKTOP, not taskbar.' has been closed but I've followed steps and still am not able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GregoryOlson3, Jun 13, 2021.

1. How to DELETE an ICON on DESKTOP? Transparency layer issue.

Previous post titled 'Help me please! How to DELETE an ICON on DESKTOP, not taskbar.' has been closed but I've followed steps and still am not able to delete the icons that are displaying but seem to be related to a mentioned transparency layer issue. When I go into Safe Mode, they do not appear so can't delete them there but when I go into normal mode, the duplicate or transparent icons display. By transparent, I mean that they display but nothing happens when you click on them and one can not right click on them either. I also found the user had overlayed working icons on top of some of the

:)

GregoryOlson3, Jun 13, 2021

2. My paint no transparent layer

Why ms paint has no transparent layer? And only can be saved as png without transparent? And in the next version we have now a transparent layer?

RendellSibal1, Jun 13, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder)

I can only suggest that you
    1 Add a list of steps you have already taken.
    2 Add a comment about restarting the computer. Do the deleted icons disappear then?
    2 Add a comment explaining if any Desktop items do delete correctly and whether or not there are any significant differences between those that do delete correctly and those that don't.
    3 Add a list of any OS tweaks you have done & any third-party OS-related utilities you have run.

I assume you have already reinstalled your display driver.
    I don't see a Repair install as being relevant. Repair Install - TenForumsTutorials

Denis

4. howardb#1 Win User

How to DELETE an ICON on DESKTOP? Transparency layer issue.

Really big transparent desktop icons that allow you to see the window slideshow pictures

I am currently using the built-in slideshow picture feature of windows to show a gallery of my images on my desktop, but as icons populate my desktop, they cover the slideshow images area. To get around this, I creates about 50 or so of the largest sized
    desktop icons that show a transparent image. While this solved the problem of regular desktop icons covering all or most of my slideshow images, it does have some problems and doesn't look all that good: the transparent icons sometimes move and 'break' the
    transparent region and these icons have names that detracts from the overall effect.

I would like to have the built-in windows slideshow feature better integrate with the desktop with a few new options that would make the slideshow images look better:

1. Create a transparent placeholder region, that works like a oversized desktop icon, and would force regular desktop icons to be place around it.
    2. The transparent placeholder region can be sized so the amount of desktop area for regular desktop icons can be managed.
    3. Slideshow images that are larger than the transparent placeholder region can either be clipped or not:
      1. Clipping causes slideshow images to only show the part of the image that fits within the transparent placeholder region. The image would be centered within the transparent placeholder region.
      2. Not clipped shows under the regular desktop icons that surround the transparent placeholder region, as they do now.
    4. Slideshow images can be automatically resized to fit within the transparent placeholder region or allowed to show normally.
    5. This suggestion would get around a few problems that using multiple normal icons that contain transparent images currently suffer:
      1. The transparent placeholder region is much easier to maintain than if the region is made up of lots of regular desktop icons,
      2. Added new icons never land within the area occupied by the transparent placeholder region,
      3. Regular icons have names and selection checkboxes that if used as a placeholders don't look good, and
      4. The transparent placeholder region never contain images, so can be rendered more efficiently than regular icons because an image file is never accessed.

Thanks

howardb#1, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

How to DELETE an ICON on DESKTOP? Transparency layer issue.

1. How to DELETE an ICON on DESKTOP? Transparency layer issue. - Similar Threads - DELETE ICON DESKTOP

2. Windows' Paint App is getting layer and transparency support

in Windows 10 News
    Windows' Paint App is getting layer and transparency support: Microsoft introduced support for removing backgrounds from images loaded in the default Windows image editor Paint. Today, the company has pushed out another feature to testers; this time, it is layer and transparency support. Microsoft announced last month that it had plans...
  3. Windows 10 Desktop icons transparent, explorer icons transparent, taskbar icons wrong,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Desktop icons transparent, explorer icons transparent, taskbar icons wrong,...: I had done one windows update two days ago, but otherwise no updates or installs., I just booted up my machine and all the desktop icons were gonecompletely invisible, no missing image-image. All images within the file explorer are transparent. Most icons on the taskbar of...
  4. Windows 10 Desktop icons transparent, explorer icons transparent, taskbar icons wrong,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Desktop icons transparent, explorer icons transparent, taskbar icons wrong,...: I had done one windows update two days ago, but otherwise no updates or installs., I just booted up my machine and all the desktop icons were gonecompletely invisible, no missing image-image. All images within the file explorer are transparent. Most icons on the taskbar of...
  5. Windows 10 Desktop icons transparent, explorer icons transparent, taskbar icons wrong,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. white transparent layer on screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    white transparent layer on screen: So my friend was making her economics task when all of a sudden her screen showed this white transparent layer and we don't know how to get rid of it. We were hoping one of you redditors could help us. submitted by /u/Traditional-Raisin89 [link] [comments]...
  7. How To Delete Unwanted Icon On Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To Delete Unwanted Icon On Desktop: How do I get rid of an unwanted icon on my desktop. It is black and white and looks like a light icon that has been crossed out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-unwanted-icon-on-desktop/30311986-b3bd-4b7e-9f5a-3d96dc658fe9
  8. How to recover deleted desktop icons.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to recover deleted desktop icons.: I've by accident deleted the recycle bin, my computer, control panel etc. desktop icons. Can someone tell me how to recover this icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-deleted-desktop-icons/885b45f4-0c05-48c9-b27c-d6c228575cc5
  9. My paint no transparent layer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My paint no transparent layer: Why ms paint has no transparent layer? And only can be saved as png without transparent? And in the next version we have now a transparent layer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-paint-no-transparent-layer/b94cd1c9-a20c-484f-9e47-9f54fa7e01e0
  10. Transparent desktop icon label background

in Windows 10 Support
    Transparent desktop icon label background: When looking for a solution, all I have found is talk about drop shadows. I thought that was my issue until I looked up the definition for drop shadows, and that is not what I am referring to, I believe. I'm sure you all are familiar with this, but I will attach some...