Windows 10: How to delete an obsolete or incorrect email address in Windows 10 Mail #2 2019-March

Discus and support How to delete an obsolete or incorrect email address in Windows 10 Mail #2 2019-March in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This crap is still happening 2019 cannot delete hidden email address in the windows 10 built in app. If you Turn this off they disappear but never the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jerrymif, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Jerrymif Win User

How to delete an obsolete or incorrect email address in Windows 10 Mail #2 2019-March

This crap is still happening 2019 cannot delete hidden email address in the windows 10 built in app.

If you Turn this off they disappear but never the less they are still in there with no way to delete!!!

How to delete an obsolete or incorrect email address in Windows 10 Mail #2 2019-March d53b5e6a-3d05-425f-86ed-9b618bb7643a?upload=true.png

:)

Jerrymif, Mar 15, 2019

2. Mail in Windows 10 - incorrect email address suggestion

When I create a new message and start to type an address a list of suggestions pops up. The top one is incorrect and I want to delete it but it does NOT appear in my contacts. How can I get rid of it?

[Original subject: Live Mail in Windows 10 - incorrect email address suggestion]

JohnSchmitz1, Mar 15, 2019
  3. How to delete an obsolete or incorrect email address in Windows 10 Mail

In Windows 10 mail, how do you delete an email address from the drop down list that pops up? I've got both outdated and incorrectly spelled email addresses that pop up. I've tried going in to People, but there's nothing there.

In Outlook it was possible, but now with Mail, hitting delete does nothing. Thanks for your help.

CindyBaudhuin, Mar 15, 2019
  4. circle365 Win User

How to delete an obsolete or incorrect email address in Windows 10 Mail #2 2019-March

Obsolete email addreses offered in auto-complete in Win 10 mail

Thanks.

The point of my query was to ask why People app and Win 10 Mail are NOT fully synchronised. I now understand that:

• People app and Win 10 Mail do not share a common database and are therefore not fully synchronised.
    • Win 10 Mail has its own database in the registry, and this database is not user-accessible.
    • Obsolete and incorrect email addresses will remain in the Win 10 Mail app’s contact list, even when deleted from the People app, and will continue to be offered as valid addresses in the drop down prompt list. This is a ‘feature’ of Win 10 Mail.
    • Since there is no way to delete obsolete addresses from Win 10 Mail app, old and incorrect addresses will accumulate over time and render the app unusable.
    • Microsoft are aware of this issue and have elected to leave it unresolved. The ‘fix’ is to stop using Win 10 Mail.

Windows 10 mail app - How to delete the auto fill address?

windows 10 mail app- How to delete the auto fill address

Windows 10 Mail Contact Caching

Window 10 Mail Contact Caching

Address Book for Windows 10 mail app?

Address Book for Windows 10 mail app

How to delete an obsolete or incorrect email address in Windows 10 Mail?

How to delete an obsolete or incorrect email address in Windows 10 Mail

Remove Obsolete/Misspelled Auto-Complete Entry in Windows 10 Mail App?

Remove Obsolete/Misspelled Auto-Complete Entry in Windows 10 Mail App

Similar problem in Vista (8 years ago) solved by editing registry keys:

[solved] Deleting old addresses in Windows Mail auto complete. « How-To Geek Forums

Delete Wrong AutoComplete Entries in Windows Vista Mail

I’m hoping that Microsoft will tell me I’ve misunderstood the issue.

circle365, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

1. How to delete an obsolete or incorrect email address in Windows 10 Mail #2 2019-March - Similar Threads - delete obsolete incorrect

2. Deleting obsolete contact email addresses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting obsolete contact email addresses: I have deleted out-of-date email addresses for my contacts in outlook.live.com but they still show up as options in the autocomplete both here and in the Windows app. For example, I now have 6 addresses to wade through on the autocomplete for my husband no delete buttons...
  3. Deleting obsolete contact email addresses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting obsolete contact email addresses: I have deleted out-of-date email addresses for my contacts in outlook.live.com but they still show up as options in the autocomplete both here and in the Windows app. For example, I now have 6 addresses to wade through on the autocomplete for my husband no delete buttons...
  4. how-to-delete-an-obsolete-or-incorrect-email address

how-to-delete-an-obsolete-or-incorrect-email address: Has Microsoft found a solution to this problem: How to delete an obsolete or incorrect email address in Windows 10 - Microsoft Community ie stop names appearing in the 'To' field when writing an email? Thanks...
  5. How To Delete an Email Address from Windows 10 Mail Autofill

How To Delete an Email Address from Windows 10 Mail Autofill: I read some older forums. Has this issue been fixed yet? It looks like it has been an issue for a very long time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-an-email-address-from-windows-10/380b0671-418f-4657-9982-5ac257801bb3
  6. How to delete old email addresses in Windows Mail

How to delete old email addresses in Windows Mail: When I start to type in the address bar in a new Mail email, various email addresses come up as suggestions, including email addresses that are no longer in use by the contact I'm writing to. I can't delete them from the contact's details because I've already changed the...
  7. How to delete incorrect Email address choice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete incorrect Email address choice: I typed an email address incorrectly and saved it for my contact list. I then corrected the email address and saved it.. When I create a new email, the incorrect address appears as a choice along with the correct address at the “TO” line. How do I delete the incorrect...
  8. How to you delete obsolete email addresses in Windows Mail?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to you delete obsolete email addresses in Windows Mail?: I have a series of email addresses that are not associated with any contacts within Windows People. They are old email addresses that at one point were relevant but with people changing jobs and email providers, I don't need these email contacts any more. Is there a way...
  9. Remove/delete incorrect email addresses in autocomplete email box in windows mail

Remove/delete incorrect email addresses in autocomplete email box in windows mail: simple question should get a simple answer[ we will see] --- Question : i have an incorrectly completed email address in autocomplete email box which continues to show up along side the corrected version ----- how do i remove these mistakes from autocomplete in windows mail...
  10. Windows 10 Mail - Delete cached email addresses

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail - Delete cached email addresses: Does anyone know how to delete individual cached email addresses - or to globally purge cached email addresses in Windows 10 Mail - short of deleting all email accounts and starting from scratch? I have scoured the web and found nothing that is applicable to Windows 10 Mail....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. removing incorrect email address from windows 10

2. wrong email address windows 10

3. how to delete email address windows 10

4. Windows 10 Mail - how to delee fill-in addresses not,
  5. win 10 auto email is wrong cannot delete,
  6. How to remove Obsolete email addreses offered in auto-complete in Win 10 mail app Windows 10 pro,
  7. how to delete a wrong email address,
  8. delete wrong email address in microsoft mail,
  9. how to delete obsolete phone info,
  10. obsolete email addresses offered in auto-complete in win 10 mail,
  11. remove wrong emails from windows10 mail,
  12. remove wrong email address from auto windows 10 mail,
  13. windows 10 mail remove typed addresses,
  14. delete obsolete email accounts,
  15. windows 10 mail how to remove an incorrect email address from the system