Windows 10: How to delete browsing history in Windows 10?

Discus and support How to delete browsing history in Windows 10? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I delete browsing history on Windows 10?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LizHarris1, Jun 3, 2019.

1. How to delete browsing history in Windows 10?

How do I delete browsing history on Windows 10?

:)

LizHarris1, Jun 3, 2019

2. Cant delete the browsing history in the internet options.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you need to delete previous browsing history.

Please answer the below question to assist you better,

Which browser are you using Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer?

Follow the below methods and check if it helps,

Method 1: Internet Explorer (Delete Browsing History)

Step 1:

I suggest you to press Shift Key + Ctrl Key + Delete Key together and check the box against History and delete.

Steps 2: Reset Internet Explorer.

I suggest you to try the steps provided to reset Internet Explorer, in the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Method 2: Microsoft Edge (Delete Browsing History)

I would suggest you to refer the link below on Viewing or deleting browsing history in Microsoft Edge,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-hk/...-browsing-history-in-microsoft-edge#v1h=tab01

Note: When you use InPrivate Tabs your browsing data (like cookies history or temporary files) isn’t saved on your pc after you are done. Microsoft Edge deletes temporary data from
    your pc after all your InPrivate Tabs are closed.

Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jun 3, 2019
  3. hddi11 Win User
    Windows 10 IE 11 browsing history

Already read and tried NO HELP< but thank you!!

hddi11, Jun 3, 2019
  4. How to delete browsing history in Windows 10?

Delete browsing history on Windows 10

Hello,

You may follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: To delete the browsing history in Edge, please follow the below procedure.

In Microsoft Edge, go to More > Settings, and under Clear browsing data, select Choose what to clear, and then select the check box (es) for the information you want to clear.

Disclaimer: When you clear browsing data, all the Auto fill data, Browsing history, User credentials, Bookmarks, etc., related to Microsoft Edge will be lost.

Method 2: To delete the browsing history in Internet Explorer, Please follow the below steps:

1. In Internet Explorer for the desktop, click the Tools button, point to Safety, and then click Delete browsing history.

2. Select the types of data or files you want to remove from your PC, and then tap or click Delete.

Method 3: To delete the browsing history on exit in Internet Explorer, Please follow the below steps:

1. In Internet Explorer for the desktop, click the Tools button, select Internet Options.

2. In the Browsing History section of the General tab, Place a tick mark for delete browsing history on exit.

If you select this option, Every time you exit Internet Explorer you browser history gets deleted.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Deepak Kodi, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

How to delete browsing history in Windows 10?

1. How to delete browsing history in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - delete browsing history

2. BROWSING HISTORY

in Cortana
    BROWSING HISTORY: Good morning. I would like to know why the browsing history keeps on appearing in the PRIVACY of my ACTIVITY PAGE in Microsoft cloud even if CORTANA is not enable in Windows and in Edge and browsing history is turned off?? Thanks...
  3. Do you delete your browsing history?

in Browsers and Email
    Do you delete your browsing history?: Do you delete your browsing history/cache files? 152650
  4. BROWSING HISTORY

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BROWSING HISTORY: I feel like a Novice here. I have followed my pc instructions in my "Favorites" to delete my "Browsing History" gone to "Settings" and several other places. Still, I have not been able to clear my "Browsing History" or what information is in the CLOUD. ANY assistance will be...
  5. how do i delete my browsing history on Windows 10 Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i delete my browsing history on Windows 10 Google Chrome: I just got a new HP Desktop All-In-One computer with Windows 10 and Google Chrome. On my old computer I had straight Google. I can't see how to set my History on Google Chrome to delete upon shutdown like I did with straight Google. So I've been deleting each history...
  6. how do I delete cookies and browsing history?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I delete cookies and browsing history?: how do I delete cookies and browsing history? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-cookies-and-browsing-history/236c7fbb-879c-4d14-bfde-be05609c6891
  7. Delete Browsing History not deleting upon exiting

Delete Browsing History not deleting upon exiting: I have tried every suggestion in Google and still does not delete upon exiting (Windows 10) Is there a sure-fire way? I was in 7, switched to 10, back to 7 no problem. New laptop, using 10, won't delete....
  8. browsing history

browsing history: how do you disable the ability to delete browsing history https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/browsing-history/a311ae00-0e21-4631-b9f5-42007ff74e84"
  9. Deleted browsing history

in Browsers and Email
    Deleted browsing history: Well have as usual tried to find a solution out there but still no joy, as usual. Problem began when I kept, well still am getting, "Cannot find scriptfile xxxxxxx .vbs". Spent ages trying to find a solution using suggested remedies on the web, none worked. So I came across a...
  10. How Do You Delete Browsing History on Exit in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How Do You Delete Browsing History on Exit in Microsoft Edge: How do you set Microsoft Edge to delete browsing history on exit, like you could with Internet Explorer? [img] 9384

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to delete browsing history in windows535