Windows 10: How to delete double copy of back up

Discus and support How to delete double copy of back up in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I am not sure how it happened, but there are two identical back up copies on my external hard drive. I tried to delete one by right clicking on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Johannes, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Johannes Win User

How to delete double copy of back up

I am not sure how it happened, but there are two identical back up copies on my external hard drive.
    I tried to delete one by right clicking on the drive, but there is no delete icon on the list.
    How can I accomplish that.

PS these are back ups made with windows10

:)

Johannes, Jul 2, 2017

2. How to back up and restore wifi connection settings on Windows 10 laptop?

Please advise how to back up and restore wifi connection settings using a Windows 10 laptop?

In Windows 7 it was possible to double click the setting and then go to properties which then gave a 'copy connection settings to usb' option. Doing this in Windows 10 only gives the option to delete the connection. Right clicking does nothing.

peteturnbull, Jul 2, 2017
  3. How can I delete songs from my samsung focus

I have double of songs on my samsung focus and want to delete one copy? How can I do this?

laurenairoldi, Jul 2, 2017
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Eagle51, Jul 2, 2017
Thema:

1. How to delete double copy of back up - Similar Threads - delete double copy

2. double click - to both select & copy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    double click - to both select & copy?: Hi, is there a way to enable in Windows 10 the behavior of when you double click a word that it will both select and copy it to the clipboard?sorry if this has been asked before; using both the search here & at other SE's like DuckDuckGo and Google, i could not find a clear...
  3. double click - to both select & copy?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    double click - to both select & copy?: Hi, is there a way to enable in Windows 10 the behavior of when you double click a word that it will both select and copy it to the clipboard?sorry if this has been asked before; using both the search here & at other SE's like DuckDuckGo and Google, i could not find a clear...
  4. double click - to both select & copy?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. copy and paste doubles

in Windows 10 Support
    copy and paste doubles: when ever i do a copy and paste i am getting 2 copies of what ever i am pasting. any ideas on how to fix that? version 10.0.19043 181842
  6. Creating a copy/back up of Device Manager

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Creating a copy/back up of Device Manager: Win 10 installed on a very old Toshiba laptop that is working but full of junk, malware and so on and possibly other nasties, no files or data requires saving. Is it possible to create a copy/back up of existing device manager and all its contained drivers and so on? I would...
  7. Creating a copy/back up of Device Manger

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating a copy/back up of Device Manger: Win 10 installed on a very old Toshiba laptop that is working but full of junk, malware and so on and possibly other nasties, no files or data requires saving. Is it possible to create a copy/back up of existing device manager and all its contained drivers and so on? I would...
  8. copy and back up files

in Windows 10 Customization
    copy and back up files: Win 10 I have backed up and copied all files of my satnav in car navigation system to a SD card successfully however it is not recognised by the sat navigation all files as per the original are present within the new SD card Help Please...
  9. Copying files from external HDD to C takes up temporarily double the space of the copied...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying files from external HDD to C takes up temporarily double the space of the copied...: Hello, I've been experiencing this problem for the past few months. When I copy any file from external HDD to my C drive, right at the beginning of the copying, space of the file size is allocated on C and then the copying continues normally, as it gradually takes up...
  10. How to back up apps to external drive by simple copy?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to back up apps to external drive by simple copy?: . I have two apps (one of which is "Photos") in a folder called "Apps" on the C: drive. On the Desktop, there is one icon for each app. I don't see any of these apps in Control Panel. For a simple copy to external drive, is it sufficient to copy only: Desktop C:\Apps...