Windows 10: How to delete double copy of back up

Discus and support How to delete double copy of back up in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I am not sure how it happened, but there are two identical back up copies on my external hard drive. I tried to delete one by right clicking on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Johannes, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Johannes Win User

How to delete double copy of back up

I am not sure how it happened, but there are two identical back up copies on my external hard drive.
    I tried to delete one by right clicking on the drive, but there is no delete icon on the list.
    How can I accomplish that.

PS these are back ups made with windows10

:)

Johannes, Jul 2, 2017

2. How to back up and restore wifi connection settings on Windows 10 laptop?

Please advise how to back up and restore wifi connection settings using a Windows 10 laptop?

In Windows 7 it was possible to double click the setting and then go to properties which then gave a 'copy connection settings to usb' option. Doing this in Windows 10 only gives the option to delete the connection. Right clicking does nothing.

peteturnbull, Jul 2, 2017
  3. How can I delete songs from my samsung focus

I have double of songs on my samsung focus and want to delete one copy? How can I do this?

laurenairoldi, Jul 2, 2017
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Eagle51, Jul 2, 2017
Thema:

1. How to delete double copy of back up - Similar Threads - delete double copy

2. How could it be backed up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How could it be backed up?: Split from this thread. How could it be backupd up? I just inspect windows 10 \AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_ folder nothing from emails here. no pst no eml, nothing....
  3. How to Back up, Move, or Delete PageFile.sys on shutdown in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Back up, Move, or Delete PageFile.sys on shutdown in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Your Windows system uses the Page file (pagefile.sys) for virtual memory. It works as […] This article How to Back up, Move, or Delete PageFile.sys on shutdown in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Can you delete a backed up file? If so, how?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can you delete a backed up file? If so, how?: Can you delete a backed up file? If so, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-up/c6d68a69-b873-4ebb-a39e-7106c2165060
  5. app double up

in Windows 10 Customization
    app double up: My daughter has a secondary account on our home pc & obviously she wants her own apps. Why is it that some of her software's show up on the desktop of my account & if I send them to the recycle bin, hers goes there too. Apps like Minecraft and Steam among others. How do I...
  6. Recover Deleted files if even back up is Deleted

Recover Deleted files if even back up is Deleted: Trying to recover files and photos that have been deleted on both hard drive and one drive. did a recovery on one drive but nothing turned up please help...
  7. copy and back up files

in Windows 10 Customization
    copy and back up files: Win 10 I have backed up and copied all files of my satnav in car navigation system to a SD card successfully however it is not recognised by the sat navigation all files as per the original are present within the new SD card Help Please...
  8. Copying files from external HDD to C takes up temporarily double the space of the copied...

Copying files from external HDD to C takes up temporarily double the space of the copied...: Hello, I've been experiencing this problem for the past few months. When I copy any file from external HDD to my C drive, right at the beginning of the copying, space of the file size is allocated on C and then the copying continues normally, as it gradually takes up...
  9. How to back up apps to external drive by simple copy?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to back up apps to external drive by simple copy?: . I have two apps (one of which is "Photos") in a folder called "Apps" on the C: drive. On the Desktop, there is one icon for each app. I don't see any of these apps in Control Panel. For a simple copy to external drive, is it sufficient to copy only: Desktop C:\Apps...
  10. How To Back Up?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How To Back Up?: Hi all, I'm running Windows 10 Pro. I used to use a Mac and it had Time Machine for backing up and this worked really well. All I had to do was plugin an external USB HDD to set it up and then it would automatically back up every file and setting on my Mac. I know...