Windows 10: How to delete drm protected wma files

Discus and support How to delete drm protected wma files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a lot of wma files on my hard disk that are protected by DRM. The files are useless now due to the music provider has taken off the server that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JussiRantapere, May 8, 2019.

1. How to delete drm protected wma files

I have a lot of wma files on my hard disk that are protected by DRM. The files are useless now due to the music provider has taken off the server that provided licenses for them.

I might have unprotected (and therefore useful) files among them. That's why I do not want to delete all these files by just deleting the root folder which would be an easy solution.

The other problem is that there is no way to use Windows Explorer to delete files. The deletion of a folder containing the wma files needs a '-force' option of a Powershell rd command for some reason. Removing a 'read-only' property etc does not help. The amount of folders is huge. The manual procedure would be a painful operation.

Would someone know how to commit a task like this?

:)

JussiRantapere, May 8, 2019
  2. Entegy Win User

Can't open DRM-WMA file

I assume in this case, the DRM is the long abandoned PlaysForSure. Microsoft hasn't used that for years. There is no wide-ranged incompatibility with protected WMAs as WMA is the format used for Xbox Music Pass, which comes with the Zune DRM.

Entegy, May 8, 2019
  3. N95, WMA and DRM

I recently purchased some soundtracks from tescodigital. These are WMA format and DRM protected. I've followed the instructions to transfer these to my N95 by trying to sync these to the phone using windows media player. This fails with an error. Going
    to web help gives error number C00D1236.

I had read/assumed, possibly wrongly, that the N95 could handle all DRM protected WMA files. Could it be just some DRM versions?

Has anyone else had this problem or even found a solution?

dave_uk---01, May 8, 2019
  4. petrib Win User

How to delete drm protected wma files

N73 ME won't play WMA files

Is it a protected (DRM, Digital Rights Management) WMA file? Perhaps the N73 ME doesn't support WMA files with DRM?

Does an unprotected (without DRM) WMA file work?

petrib, May 8, 2019
Thema:

How to delete drm protected wma files

1. How to delete drm protected wma files - Similar Threads - delete drm protected

2. How do I play wma audio file with drm?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I play wma audio file with drm?: I have tons of files I ripped years ago from my CDs before they were stolen from me. I also have some backup files for the DRMs How can I either get around the DRM blocking the use of these files and or restore the backed up DRM licenses in Windows 10?...
  3. How do I play wma audio file with drm?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I play wma audio file with drm?: I have tons of files I ripped years ago from my CDs before they were stolen from me. I also have some backup files for the DRMs How can I either get around the DRM blocking the use of these files and or restore the backed up DRM licenses in Windows 10?...
  4. DRM-protected video playback is extremely slow

DRM-protected video playback is extremely slow: When I try to play video that's DRM-protected, one of my 3 monitors goes dark, the refresh rate drops to <5fps, and my mouse becomes near-impossibly slow to control. This happens with the Crunchyroll web player on Firefox/Edge and when I play podcasts on the Spotify desktop...
  5. Missing DRM on WMA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing DRM on WMA: I interviewed my grandfather about his life story and made CDs on my laptop. I lost that laptop and so I ripped the CD audio to another laptop. That laptop crashed but I managed to retrieve the WMA files from the hard drive. That hard drive is gone too now. Now I cannot play...
  6. Missing DRM on WMA

Missing DRM on WMA: I interviewed my grandfather about his life story and made CDs on my laptop. I lost that laptop and so I ripped the CD audio to another laptop. That laptop crashed but I managed to retrieve the WMA files from the hard drive. That hard drive is gone too now. Now I cannot play...
  7. Unfound .WMA files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unfound .WMA files?: I can't find the .wma files on my phone when trying to look for them in File Explorer. I'm using a USB connection, if that's relevant. Why in the world would these files not read?...
  8. How to delete a protected file?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete a protected file?: I recently used DISM to extract files from an ISO. This is on a laptop with a single disk so I extracted the stuff to a folder on my C: drive. I don't know if that was a mistake or not. Anyway, I found what I was looking for and now want to delete the folder. First I was...
  9. WMA Files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WMA Files: I have been with Microsoft O/S's since Basic was a paper tape. All through the DOS Years and into the Windows generations. When the first Windows Media Player became available I took the opportunity to convert all my albums, 8-Tracks, Cassette tapes and eventually CDs to the...
  10. How to delete files protected by Trustedinstaller

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete files protected by Trustedinstaller: How do I get trustedinstaller Privledges. 15460