Windows 10: How to delete duplicate files from WMP library?

Discus and support How to delete duplicate files from WMP library? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How to delete duplicate files from WMP external drive G... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JimD2, Jan 13, 2020.

1. JimD2 Win User

How to delete duplicate files from WMP library?

How to delete duplicate files from WMP external drive G

:)

JimD2, Jan 13, 2020

2. Multiple duplicate music files in WMP. How to delete and prevent.

All of my music files in my WMP library have been duplicated and I now have 2 of every file. How do I delete these additional duplicate files and how do I prevent this recurring? Occasionally, I save my music library to an external hard drive.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage

WilliamSmith5, Jan 13, 2020
  3. WMP 12 in Windows 10

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10, but my music library is empty in WMP 12. I have deleted the library database, changed music locations and added into "organize" and still no listing in the library. Can anyone suggest how I can get my library back
    and hence play music in WMP 12?

DavidSnashall, Jan 13, 2020
  4. How to delete duplicate files from WMP library?

Multiple duplicate music files in WMP. How to delete and prevent.

Hi William,

You might have duplicated files in your Window Media Player Library if you have saved a copy of your files on your local disk and your external hard drive is still connected.

For us to isolate the issue, we would like you to check if you have the same files on your local disk and external hard drive. If yes, we suggest that you disconnect the external hard drive and check if you still see duplicate files in Windows Media Player
    Library. If not, we suggest that you run the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter from this

link
    . Click on Find and fix problems with the Windows Media Player Library
    link to download it.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Janeane Cru, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

How to delete duplicate files from WMP library?

1. How to delete duplicate files from WMP library? - Similar Threads - delete duplicate files

2. HOW TO DELETE DUPLICATE FILES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO DELETE DUPLICATE FILES: HOW TO DELETE DUPLICATE FILES??? WINDOWS 11 PLS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-duplicate-files/c79cd001-e91e-4252-8d6c-ccb9268becba
  3. HOW TO DELETE DUPLICATE FILES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW TO DELETE DUPLICATE FILES: HOW TO DELETE DUPLICATE FILES??? WINDOWS 11 PLS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-duplicate-files/c79cd001-e91e-4252-8d6c-ccb9268becba
  4. how to delete duplicate files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to delete duplicate files: How to delete duplicate files in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-duplicate-files/9838e229-b82d-492e-8841-019f73a734e4
  5. How to Delete Duplicate Files

How to Delete Duplicate Files: Hi, I just want to know if there's a way to delete duplicate photos saved in a different location or not. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-duplicate-files/f240b238-c6cf-4db4-bba5-22bbb185e541
  6. Duplicate libraries-library folders

Duplicate libraries-library folders: I did something in Windows 10 v1909 that duplicated several library folders and their contents see below picture. I don't have duplicate folders under "Quick Access". How do I correct? Disregard the THIRD Documents folder. The only correction I could find is here and it...
  7. WMP library

WMP library: How do I get my WMP library to populate? I have ripped most of my large CD collection to my laptop. In the past, after reorganising my collection I have deleted everything from the library and the library has automatically repopulated. Today I cannot get the library to...
  8. WMP Rip To Library

WMP Rip To Library: I use Windows Media Player to rip audiobook CDs to my hard drive. When I start a new audiobook I open WMP, click tools, options, rip music. Under rip music to this location I click change and select the folder that I want the files to go into. Then click okay and apply....
  9. Editing the default WMP library?

Editing the default WMP library?: I expect this is embarrassingly obvious, but in WMP how do I reduce the content of its Library, which by default appears to include everything on my PC, including backups etc. My illustration is more specific: [img] 1. How do I delete these external HDs from the...
  10. How to show extensions in WMP library?

How to show extensions in WMP library?: [img] -- Terry, East Grinstead, UK 56434