Windows 10: How to delete EFI Boot Store accidentally created on wrong partition?

Discus and support How to delete EFI Boot Store accidentally created on wrong partition? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have recently migrated cloned my Windows 10 installation from an HDD to an SSD.I had created a new EFI System Partition on the SSD and was creating a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by अमेय नूलकर - Amey Noolkar, Sep 2, 2022.

1. How to delete EFI Boot Store accidentally created on wrong partition?

I have recently migrated cloned my Windows 10 installation from an HDD to an SSD.I had created a new EFI System Partition on the SSD and was creating a corresponding BCD entry using the `bcdboot` command when I accidentally created a BCD store in the C partition, instead of the separate FAT-32 formatted SYSTEM partition.While my system loads successfully from the SYSTEM ESP now, I need to get rid of the the accidentally created BCD store at `C:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot`. However, I get an "Access Denied" message if I try to delete the directory and I am unable to assign "Full Access" to the Admini

:)

अमेय नूलकर - Amey Noolkar, Sep 2, 2022

2. Accidentally deleted Windows 10 boot partition. How do I restore it?

Hi.

You can create a lost/deleted EFI partition by CMD.

1) Create an installation media

2) Boot PC with an installation media

3) Press SHFIT + F10 on the first screen to bring up Command Prompt

4) Run the following commands and click Enter each time at Command Prompt:

diskpart

list disk

select disk N (N refers to the disk which contains the deleted the EFI System partition)

list partition

create partition efi

format quick fs=fat32

list partition

list volume (find the volume letter which belongs to the installed Windows OS)

exit (exit diskpart)

bcdboot M:\windows (M refers to the volume letter of installed Windows OS)

(bcdboot m:\windows command will copy the boot files from Windows partition to the EFI system partition and create BCD store in the partition)

Next remove installation drive and restart your computer

Let me know if you have any questions

Mark St..., Sep 2, 2022
  3. EFI partition delete issues and restoration

If I delete the EFI partition accidentally in Windows 10, how do I setup or manage or restore the EFI partition?

Kaushik Guha, Sep 2, 2022
  4. trog100 Win User

How to delete EFI Boot Store accidentally created on wrong partition?

Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile How to delete EFI Boot Store accidentally created on wrong partition? :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, Sep 2, 2022
Thema:

How to delete EFI Boot Store accidentally created on wrong partition?

1. How to delete EFI Boot Store accidentally created on wrong partition? - Similar Threads - delete EFI Boot

2. How to delete EFI Boot Store accidentally created on wrong partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete EFI Boot Store accidentally created on wrong partition?: I have recently migrated cloned my Windows 10 installation from an HDD to an SSD.I had created a new EFI System Partition on the SSD and was creating a corresponding BCD entry using the `bcdboot` command when I accidentally created a BCD store in the C partition, instead of...
  3. How to delete EFI Boot Store accidentally created on wrong partition?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to delete EFI Boot Store accidentally created on wrong partition?: I have recently migrated cloned my Windows 10 installation from an HDD to an SSD.I had created a new EFI System Partition on the SSD and was creating a corresponding BCD entry using the `bcdboot` command when I accidentally created a BCD store in the C partition, instead of...
  4. Accidentally Deleted EFI System Partition, Trying To Get Back To Boot

Accidentally Deleted EFI System Partition, Trying To Get Back To Boot: Hi, I was messing around with some Linux installation stuff for a side project that needed it and long story short I ended up deleting the 100mb "EFI System" partition. This understandably led my computer to no longer recognizing my Windows installation, and it disappeared as...
  5. Creating an EFI partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating an EFI partition: Hi, On Win 10 machine I have a 1TB SSD which I used to boot Windows and it has an EFI partition. I purchased a 2TB installed Windows on it and migrated data as a primary drive. I realised that it does not have an EFI partition (but has Boot, Page, File, Crash Dump on it)....
  6. EFI partition on wrong drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    EFI partition on wrong drive: I have an SSD and an HDD. Windows is on the SSD but as you can see EFI and recovery partitions (there are two for some reason) are on the other drive. I'm not sure if it's always been like that but after dual booting with ubuntu probably had something to do with it. I've...
  7. Deleted boot partitions, creating new EFI partition failed, next steps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted boot partitions, creating new EFI partition failed, next steps?: I have a few different drives in my computer, and recently installed Linux Mint (an OS I have used quite a bit) onto an nVme drive I salved from my Surface Pro 4 (dog ate it...). Anyway, for a while I've had a weird issue when starting Windows, where it would give me two...
  8. EFI partition deleted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    EFI partition deleted: While installing a different OS. My EFI partition was wiped and set as unallocated space. I booted up a linux live cd and partitioned the unallocated space, formatting it back to FAT32. I was able to restore grub and boot into my linux distro. Now I want to restore windows'...
  9. EFI partition deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    EFI partition deleted: While installing a different OS. My EFI partition was wiped and set as unallocated space. I booted up a linux live cd and partitioned the unallocated space, formatting it back to FAT32. I was able to restore grub and boot into my linux distro. Now I want to restore windows'...
  10. EFI Partitions on wrong drive

EFI Partitions on wrong drive: Hi, After removing an SSD (W*Smile from my rig I discovered that my system would no longer boot and gave the error: NTDLL not found. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart. I put the drive back and was able to boot. Attached is my disk management. I recently installed plugged...