Windows 10: How to delete Empty 0-byte files in Windows 10

Discus and support How to delete Empty 0-byte files in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you feel the need to delete empty 0-byte files in Windows 10, you […] This article How to delete Empty 0-byte files in Windows 10 first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 25, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to delete Empty 0-byte files in Windows 10

WinClub, Oct 25, 2020

2. 0 byte folder cannot be deleted Problem

I have a 0 byte folder and I can't delete it. I'm using win 7 64 bit.
    please help *Cry :cry:

It says access denied when trying, please login as admin blah blah msgs....

I've searched the net for hours, Trying unlocker, fileassassin, and all other 'file deleter' programs out there. tried on safe mode, tried the cmd commands, even in cmd it says access denied, tried the closing explorer.exe and doing the command. I tried changing permissions and atrributes and it says you do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings. I logged in as the Administrator and still no hope.

the folder originally contained all my movies but since then i moved(using the move command) all of them someplace else(on another hdd) and I thought it was gone but the folder is still there, 0 bytes. It was shared when i deleted it and still appeared on the shared folders list but inaccessible coz it was already deleted so i 'unshared' the folder from the shared folders list. and so the problem began. the folder is still there and it is undeletable

One surefire way to do it without deleting my files is copying all other files to another HDD and reformat it and copy it back again but my hdd is currently contains 1 tb out of 1.36 and i dont have any hdds with that free space to use.

ALSO I CAN'T OPEN THE FOLDER it says

Location is not available

'directory' is not accessible.
    Access is Denied.

i think its more of a windows glitch than a virus problem

help??? *Frown How to delete Empty 0-byte files in Windows 10 :(

lyndonguitar, Oct 25, 2020
  3. SumitRoy Win User
    Windows 10 delete dialog box shows size: 0 bytes

when deleting file from USB device, I notice that the delete dialog box shows size: 0 bytes. Is that a bug? Windows 10 built 16299.

steps to reproduce

1. select a single file

2. Delete it.

3. The dialog box will show size 0 bytes.

How to delete Empty 0-byte files in Windows 10 663a39a0-170c-4b89-9ca0-7b8fa1db63df?upload=true.png

SumitRoy, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Camiele Win User

How to Delete 0 Byte Files

Hello S_and_S,

The 0 byte files I deleted resulted from incomplete video downloads. These particular plain white files "did not exist or was moved" and could not be deleted. Deleting them was a simple matter of housekeeping.

Camiele, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

1. How to delete Empty 0-byte files in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - delete Empty byte

2. Can't delete 0 byte .exe file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete 0 byte .exe file: Hello folk, so last night I was downloading things and downloaded this .exe which was worth 0 bytes, I put it through virus total and nothing came up so I ran it. Nothing happened or so I thought so I tried to delete it, when I tried to delete it I was met with a window...
  3. Can't delete 0 byte .exe file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete 0 byte .exe file: Hello folk, so last night I was downloading things and downloaded this .exe which was worth 0 bytes, I put it through virus total and nothing came up so I ran it. Nothing happened or so I thought so I tried to delete it, when I tried to delete it I was met with a window...
  4. cannot attach file 0 bytes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot attach file 0 bytes: i cannot attached files in my easy mail account, they say 0 bytes & cannot download, but when using my gmail it works ok, im using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-attach-file-0-bytes/2062f401-2774-4fe9-b2d9-c92282d1dd18
  5. Deleting empty directories and 0 byte files

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting empty directories and 0 byte files: Is it save and should I delete empty directories and 0 byte files just to clean things up? If it is a good idea is there a tool to find them? 179888
  6. Is it safe to delete Empty Folders or Zero-byte files in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 News
    Is it safe to delete Empty Folders or Zero-byte files in Windows 10?: [ATTACH]Unfinished downloads, tidbits of earlier installations, and other junk files over time build up […] This article Is it safe to delete Empty Folders or Zero-byte files in Windows 10? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. 0 bytes Files, Drive failure

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    0 bytes Files, Drive failure: Hi, I have recently met a problem with my Data Drive. Alot of my Files have been appearing as 0kb and unusable, many of them video files that I remember watching just fine a few months ago (2-3 months). Some game files have also been turning 0kb, making some of my Steam...
  8. How to Delete 0 Byte Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Delete 0 Byte Files: Hello, Searching this forum for a means to delete 0 byte video files I came across a solution by BD45960 who suggests: Run CMD (aka Command Prompt) Use: del (File Location)\File Name* example: File Name: Ledgers CPB (1) <---note the space at end of file name (*...
  9. Strange 0 byte files

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange 0 byte files: I'm curious what these files are that are on some of my internal HD's partitions. The file name is a random (apparently) string of characters, 'type of file: file', 'size: 0 bytes', 'owner: system'. What are these? Do I need them? 52090
  10. File delete dialogue reports files to be deleted as having 0 bytes?

in Windows 10 Support
    File delete dialogue reports files to be deleted as having 0 bytes?: This apparently happens with FAT32-formatted drives. Haven't noticed this until fairly recently, when I was deleting some stuff off my SD cards and/or USB sticks: [img] Any ideas on why this is happening, like with a certain botched W10 update or an app? 45865

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How do I get rid of 0 bytes in Windows 10?